X-Files/MillenniuM POP Quiz!

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
Thnaks, Laura.   I think there are still other taglines out there hideen in the title credits (but I could be wrong).

Do you mean those little ones that say things like "Government Denies Knowledge"?  If so, those aren't the same thing, and they never change.  Until the freaking changed the opening, that is, which was a bad idea in the first place.  Ruined the most recognizable opening sequence on TV.  Don't go messing with a good thing!  This is what 1013 needs to learn.

Guest LauraKrycek
...it's somewhat interesting to note that both MM and XF has an ep titled "CLOSURE". :thinking_big:

Yeah... and they were both about people's problems with that happened to their sisters.  The difference was that I didn't see much resolution in the way of closure in the MM one, and the closure on the XF one was stupid because they just did it because they knew that it wasn't what anyone expected\wanted to hear.  The only good thing was the dad watching HR and them playing Moby's "My Weakness".

I think it was a big mistake to bring closure to the storyline of Mulder's missing sister.  It should have always remained a mystery.  That is the big thing that drove Mulder to search for the truth.   I just think it just robbed a little bit from Mulder's quest when it was discovered she was killed by some serial killer.

be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
No, she *wasn't* killed by some serial killer -- even worse!  She was absorbed into starlight.  Just like JonBenet Ramsey.  It wasn't just a bad idea to put closure to the storyline, it was also a horrible way to do it.

No, she *wasn't* killed by some serial killer -- even worse!  She was absorbed into starlight.  Just like JonBenet Ramsey.  It wasn't just a bad idea to put closure to the storyline, it was also a horrible way to do it.

the only thing good about the starlight sequence is the music.   Other that that, Closure jumped the shark.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, the music was good.  The thing about jumping the shark, though, is that the show's supposed to *end* after it.  And it just kept going.  And going.  And limping...

Yeah, the music was good.  The thing about jumping the shark, though, is that the show's supposed to *end* after it.  And it just kept going.  And going.  And limping...

yep, Closure is an episode that gave no closure to XF fans.   Just one of the first screw-ups Chris Carter did in seasons 7-9.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, the beginning of the end was in s6, which was mainly filled with the "light" episodes that they thought were funny.  Yeah, some of them were, or at least were cute... a lot of them just didn't hit, though.  Plus, it's when Gillian was cutting her hair really short.  Not a good look.  But yeah, after that, it was just going on too long.  It was time to cut the cord.

Well, the beginning of the end was in s6, which was mainly filled with the "light" episodes that they thought were funny.  Yeah, some of them were, or at least were cute... a lot of them just didn't hit, though.  Plus, it's when Gillian was cutting her hair really short.  Not a good look.  But yeah, after that, it was just going on too long.  It was time to cut the cord.

Yep, the big problem I had with the XF myth-arc in season 7 through 9 is they got way too far from the original mythology at least half of the time.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, like I've said, they tried too hard to mess with a good thing.  It's like when people say something funny, and then try to build on it, and ruin it -- sometimes, you just need to leave it on a high note.