X-Files 2 Negotiations Wrap This Week, Says Duchovny

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.
Everything we're hearing now we have heard before at some point or another.

As far as I know this is just not true. Frank Spotnitz has said that the script is in development which means that they are actually writing something. The story was already conceived but they never began to work on it because they were waiting for some king of "green light" from FOX; so I guess now they have it.

David Duchovny might have said at some point in the past that Carter & Spotnitz were writing the script but that was never confirmed by the writers. Now to hear it from Spotnitz himself is a great news. I don't think you can deny that.

For years they were saying that they've got only a story but now they're working on the script, so I guess it's a good sign. :oneeyedwinK

I don't remember David Duchovny saying that Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz were writing the script in the past. He always said "we are gonna do it" but he never said about the script. That's why now all these things look really positive.

And by the way, Gillian Anderson is concerned about her Scully's hairdo now. :bigsmile:

"I have to say that I don't miss the Scully haircut at all. If we do the film, one of the hardest things would be living the days in between filming with the red hair and that hair-do."

Source: Sunday Mercury

Guest ZeusFaber
As far as I know this is just not true. Frank Spotnitz has said that the script is in development which means that they are actually writing something. The story was already conceived but they never began to work on it because they were waiting for some king of "green light" from FOX; so I guess now they have it.

We've known that Carter and Spotnitz have been working on the story for some time, and yes it's a good sign to hear more about it, but a script in development doesn't mean they're actually writing it yet.

Most importantly of all, the movie has not been greenlighted by 20th yet. That could still be some distance away.

Again, I'm not being negative. I'd love to see another movie and hope that the hard work of Carter & Spotnitz gets its just reward from 20th in getting the go-ahead. But I just think it's sensible not to get one's hopes up until the studio commits to the project.

Guest Moriarty
We've known that Carter and Spotnitz have been working on the story for some time, and yes it's a good sign to hear more about it, but a script in development doesn't mean they're actually writing it yet.

Most importantly of all, the movie has not been greenlighted by 20th yet. That could still be some distance away.

Again, I'm not being negative. I'd love to see another movie and hope that the hard work of Carter & Spotnitz gets its just reward from 20th in getting the go-ahead. But I just think it's sensible not to get one's hopes up until the studio commits to the project.

Yes, I agree. Unless there is an official comment from Fox I am remaining sceptical about it. Being a fan of the X-Files I also want this project to get a green light. I think that Carter and Spotnitz are indeed writing a script but really, the final decission is up to the executives of the studio. If they come up with a good script it is still up to the executives over at Fox to decide if they produce it or not.

X-FILES SEQUEL INCHING FORWARD | Producer-writer Frank Spotnitz stated on his Big Light blog last week that the long-awaited The X-Files sequel is "in the works.... A script is indeed in development." Details please! Not now. A Spotnitz associate emailed Wired News, "Frank is very sorry but he cannot make any comments about XF2 right now but would be thrilled to talk when the time comes." And when will that be? "A sequel to 'X Files' has been in development for quite a while." A Fox spokesperson pointed said. The big question of course: Have David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson committed to the project? She said, "It's not anywhere near that level yet." Source https://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/04/xfiles_sequel_o.html

Guest Frank L.

I don't know what FOX is talking about, but Duchovny, Anderson, Spotnitz and Carter (not sure about CC though) all have a contract. They signed it quite a while ago.

Guest Laurent.

Right, I don't think Carter ever had a deal for the movie but Spotnitz said (about a year ago) that his contract was done and I thought it was the same with Duchovny and maybe ANderson.

"I have to say that I don't miss the Scully haircut at all. If we do the film, one of the hardest things would be living the days in between filming with the red hair and that hair-do."

Geee.... at the end of the series, she had been growing her hair out. It's been 10 years. Why would she have to have the exact same hair as back then? There's nothing saying they have to look like they just came out of a time capsule! :eyes: Dye it a bit strawberry blonde, and have it a bit longer and casual.

Guest Laurent.

I know that IF the film eventually comes out one day; I sure won't be the one that's criticizing her hair 'cause I know some obsessive Scully-fans will take care of it for me.

Besides, I don't really think it is that important. Like Raven said it's been five years since the last X-Files, if the writers are not going for a "back in time to season X" story, why couldn't she have new hair? But I still have the feeling some people wouldn't agree... I wonder why.

But I still have the feeling some people wouldn't agree... I wonder why.

Because some people are afraid of change. Well, think about it... Imagine if the whole story were real. Scully & Mulder have taken off together, on the run for their lives.... yet still trying to find and reveal the truth. That's where we last saw them. In all the years since the show ended (what is it...5 years now?) imagine where all they've been together. I, for one, would think that keeping her hair exactly the same would be low on her list of priorities.

...(speaking of which, I'm realizing my hair has been pretty much the same for far too long, and it's time for a change. don't worry...I don't want it cut. just different. stay tuned)