X-Files 2 Negotiations Wrap This Week, Says Duchovny

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

With Fight The Future they were aiming at a general audience, as well as (die hard) fans of the show. I don't think that worked out too well, because somebody who'd never watched the X-Files wouldn't know what was going on. Some die-hard fans were disappointed, because the movie added nothing new. Being a die-hard fan myself, I disagree, but I think the writers don't want that to happen again. With a standalone movie, it's easier to make both a general audience and die-hards happy.

About a year back, Spotnitz and Duchovny were talking about multiple movies, if the upcoming movie would be a succes. Now I read they want to 'get back together one more time' to make a movie. If there will only be one more movie, will the X-Files saga get proper closure? No, because the 'alien/conspiracy/mythology' storyline will be left unresolved. Mulder and Scully could also die at the end of the upcoming movie. Would be an easy way out, but it could happen...

Guest Laurent.

Well, I always thought that "The Truth" brought decent closure to the series. I'm pretty sure that I explained my opinion on this somewhere on TIWWA so I'm not going to develop on that; but if they were to turn The X-Files into a movie franchise, even if it's just for a third one, I would still feel betrayed (the word may be too strong but I can't find the right one) if they never added anything new to the mythology.

Anyway, a standalone is fine with me.... for now.

Hi there!

Some good news again:

In his radio interview that aired Friday, April 27 on PBS, David Duchovny said that he talked with Chris Carter and Gillian Anderson last week in Los Angeles about The X-Files-2.

"I was sitting with Chris Carter and Gillian Anderson last week because we were talking about... we've got this X-Files movie kinda in the works er the sequel to the first one and we were all just sitting and saying that we're really gonna do this, we're gonna go back and do this and we were all just kinda enjoying each others company. And I was saying to Chris that I look back and I'll see one of the old episodes and I'll think God I'm just awful, and the show is OK, and this is early on in the year, and yet I will forgive myself and the show in many ways because what I lacked in expertise I think I made up for in a yearning to please. There was kind of a greeness to the guy, and a real sincerity that by the end of the show I kinda lost my fatigue and maybe being jaded in the process of becoming well known and the show becoming this "thing" that kinda is coll in the beginning, even though my voice is strangled and 3 octaves higher than it usually is. [... ] I always loved the show, and the character, and whatever fatigue or whatever discomfort I had towards the end of the 8 or 9 years of it, was just merely feeling prisoner of it, of the actual machine and not of the show. I had always wanted and hoped for a spin off into the movie franchise and I look forward to playing this guy into different areas of his life everyday now and then, just not everyweek."

Source https://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/tt/tt070425david_duchovny

:alien2:

And abouth "The Truth". I've got every answer I needed to know. :alien:

Guest Laurent.

Don't you find it frustrating that all the good news (except Spotnitz's) seem to come from Duchovny? I'm really hoping that he's not bulding everyone's hope by (and for) himself. Because I have to say that Frank Spotnitz didn't tell much of anything and we kind of understood what we wanted to. Anyway, I'm not sure how long we're suppose to wait before there is an official annoucement from FOX. What do you guys think? Do they usually keep everything secret until the movie goes into actual production?

Guest Frank L.

Duchovny has been doing project after project. So he has a lot of moments with the press. Carter and Spotnitz haven't been too busy, and Anderson has been doing stuff, but I get the feeling she doesn't enjoy talking about The X-Files that much. Duchovny is excited about XF2, I think that's the reason why we hear everything from him. If it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be any talk about XF2.

• 1 month later...
Guest So Tough
Yes, the legal issues have been resolved, at least that's what I've read.

Carter and Spotnitz had worked out a story a long time ago, so the writing

of the script shouldn't take very long. Pre-production has probably started

by now. We can only hope production will start later this year (after the summer).

Hello, Frank L and everyone on this board. I just registered and see that I have many cool Millennium threads to read. :makingeyes:

I'm a bit torn on the probability of XF2 happening, but I think if it does, the only time slot available this year would be November and December. I do not follow Duchovny's career, but I know that Anderson will be involved in the shooting of a movie called "Helen" in September and possibly October.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ebdim9th

I read something Gillian Anderson posted on her site, and she seemed to indicate that her experience with the X-Files was good, with the usual arguements you have with somebody thats like a family to you, and then said she was signed on for the new X-Files movie. To me that was plenty of indication that she's up for it. :wiggle::w00t::guitar::bogie::alien2::bogie::gaba::alien: :grin: :goodvsevil: