What if Lance didn't play Frank Black?

Rate this topic

Adding another obligitory "only Lance could play Frank" response  :grin2:

On the same note, I remember that Kevin Sorbo (the guy from Hercules) auditioned for Mulder as well as John Doe from the 80's California punk band X. :eyes:

:eyes:EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :eyes:

THAT'S a scary thought! :alien::rofl:

Guest Forza

Jake Lloyd would have made a fantastic Frank Black.

After all, his critically acclaimed performance as Anakin Skywalker was undeniably a tour de force. In fact, it was so good, I cannot even remember one movie he's been in since--the avalance of subsequent roles stuns the mind!

Jake brought such a depth of emotion to his character....

Like when he states [with complete conviction, mind you] that "Sandstorms are very, VERY dangerous". Wow--what acting!

Or how about when he exclaims "Now THIS is PODRACING!" Oooh--what a precocious thespian!

You must all agree that George Lucas is absolutely the best scout of young talent. If Chris Carter would have hired George to hand-pick all young actors for 1013 productions, MilleniuM would still be showing!

Now that I think of it, wouldn't have Jar Jar made a nice partner for young "Frank"?

Guest se7en

.....I sense a few anger issues. Call it a hunch. :~) ...besides the Indy movies,which he mainly just produced,Lucas is by far the shittiest most overrated filmaker of certainly my lifetime anyway. And the older he gets the more pompous and lame-assed he gets.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest chrisnu
And the older he gets the more pompous and lame-assed he gets.

Reminds me of Tom Fontana. He made and destroyed Homicide: Life On The Street and Oz. His arrogance, particularly with Homicide ("they're MY characters!) was perturbing.

Guest Forza
.....I sense a few anger issues

LOL!

I entirely share your sentiment regarding Lucas' over-ratedness. While he has created some fine stories, his filmcraft (if you can call it that) leaves much to be desired. The epitome of his mediocrity is most apparent in his directing of children.

That was the major point of the post above (pardon the hyperbole). In comparison, Chris Carter and the directors of his series have dealt with child and teenage actors and actresses with much aplomb. They were especially adept at portraying adolescent angst and awkwardness, in my opinion.

Oh, don't even get me started on the whole Ewok thing....

I wonder how Robert Forrester would do as Frank black. Even freakier, imagine Terry O'Quinn as Frank Black. :smokin::alien::devil01:

I'm loving the responses to this thread.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(wonders who painted the Yellow House)

Guest fisbin

Entertaining thread to be sure - however, this is akin to asking who, rather than Charlton Heston, could have played Moses...or who other than Leonard Nimoy, could have BEEN Spock. Some roles were custom made.

Lance Henricksen IS the essence of Frank Black.

live long & prosper.

fisbin

Entertaining thread to be sure - however, this is akin to asking who, rather than Charlton Heston, could have played Moses...or who other than Leonard Nimoy, could have BEEN Spock. Some roles were custom made.

Lance Henricksen IS the essence of Frank Black.

live long & prosper.

fisbin

Well put! :yes_big::thumbsup_big:

Guest 19:19

forza you sound really pissed still. the movie came out in 99 right? well i whole heartily agree. that movie was horrible, except for the lightsaber fight at the end. AOTC was alittle better, which i liked, but he has a whole lotta sh*t to cover in the 3rd, lets pray to god or allah or buddha or whoever that it kicks ass!

Guest Nadeen

I can only imagine Lance playing Frank, the greatest thing he did was becoming the character which was amazing. I think the level of pure intensity is what he brought to the role.

:praying:

"I know what I will become"