Hello from Gretna, LA

Guest Doll

Guest Doll

Hi everybody,

I was quite intrigued when I found this site so I had to join. It was a pleasant surprise. I've never had someone to talk to about MM or been a member of a forum. I don't know anything abt html / bbc code. What are trolls, flamers, & flame-baters?

My name's Heidi, I live on the Westbank-across the river from New Orleans in an old double shotgun house with my sister. {A shotgun house isn't on the ground, it rests on piers. Mine's about 30” to 36" high. Come to think of it, I've never been in a basement. Its layout is straight. If I stand in the front doorway w/all of the doors open I can see out of the back door. Double - 2 sides.} I like X - Files, The Shining, & Silence of the Lambs, cold-case or forensic files. I tend to like tv / movies that revolve around behavioral sciences & profiling, among others.

I took a non-credit forensics class once - it was really interesting & fun. For one of the classes, Tim arranged for us to attend an autopsy. (She didn't use a y-incision, though.) A couple of nights Tim had to work & the substitute, an ME, showed us all kinds of slides of people who had died.

Can I just say that if you go hiking, hypothetically, you shouldn't tie the rifle to the backpack w/ the rope right next to trigger & actually leave any shells in it.

I already knew Tim before then. I'd gotten to work out w/him a few times @ the dojo; he's good. One can practice self-defense there.

A lot that is taught is based on Judo - Jujitsu. I like that too, but keep re-injuring myself. One of my favorites are the chokes.

Enough of that other stuff. I don’t have season 3 presently so it’s been a long time since I’ve seen any of those episodes. Right now my favorite season is season 1 & Jose Chung’s Doomsday Defense just tickles me. I’ve been a fan of Lance’s for a while now but didn’t realize sites like this were out there.

I don’t care what anyone says, I love his voice. It’s certainly not as gravely as a lot of people make it out to be. I wish I had a recording of Joyce. I used to work with a woman who would get so peeved. She had to talk on the phone most of the day and would say that the people she was talking to could tell she was a woman, so why do they insist on referring to her as sir! Sometimes I thought she was going to give herself an aneurysm she’d get sooo upset! Now her voice is deep & gravely, it’s the worst I’ve heard especially so for a woman and even in regards to a man. Once I had wandered aloud if it was b/c she used to smoke for a very long time- 22/25 yrs. She said no, that her sister hadn’t ever smoked & they sound the same.

I’m not sure I liked Catherine being killed off. Although I did like the majority of season of 2, I didn’t like the decision to morph the Millenium Group strictly into a cult.

I won’t bring up every little question I have presently but I do want to know about the pottery site, is there anything concrete on the movie besides it is going to happen (is that gonna be within this decade?), & appearances.

Till next time remember: IT'S ALL ABOUT FRANK BLACK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hi everybody,

I was quite intrigued when I found this site so I had to join. It was a pleasant surprise. I've never had someone to talk to about MM or been a member of a forum. I don't know anything abt html / bbc code. What are trolls, flamers, & flame-baters?

My name's Heidi, I live on the Westbank-across the river from New Orleans in an old double shotgun house with my sister. {A shotgun house isn't on the ground, it rests on piers. Mine's about 30” to 36" high. Come to think of it, I've never been in a basement. Its layout is straight. If I stand in the front doorway w/all of the doors open I can see out of the back door. Double - 2 sides.} I like X - Files, The Shining, & Silence of the Lambs, cold-case or forensic files. I tend to like tv / movies that revolve around behavioral sciences & profiling, among others.

I took a non-credit forensics class once - it was really interesting & fun. For one of the classes, Tim arranged for us to attend an autopsy. (She didn't use a y-incision, though.) A couple of nights Tim had to work & the substitute, an ME, showed us all kinds of slides of people who had died.

Can I just say that if you go hiking, hypothetically, you shouldn't tie the rifle to the backpack w/ the rope right next to trigger & actually leave any shells in it.

I already knew Tim before then. I'd gotten to work out w/him a few times @ the dojo; he's good. One can practice self-defense there.

A lot that is taught is based on Judo - Jujitsu. I like that too, but keep re-injuring myself. One of my favorites are the chokes.

Enough of that other stuff. I don’t have season 3 presently so it’s been a long time since I’ve seen any of those episodes. Right now my favorite season is season 1 & Jose Chung’s Doomsday Defense just tickles me. I’ve been a fan of Lance’s for a while now but didn’t realize sites like this were out there.

I don’t care what anyone says, I love his voice. It’s certainly not as gravely as a lot of people make it out to be. I wish I had a recording of Joyce. I used to work with a woman who would get so peeved. She had to talk on the phone most of the day and would say that the people she was talking to could tell she was a woman, so why do they insist on referring to her as sir! Sometimes I thought she was going to give herself an aneurysm she’d get sooo upset! Now her voice is deep & gravely, it’s the worst I’ve heard especially so for a woman and even in regards to a man. Once I had wandered aloud if it was b/c she used to smoke for a very long time- 22/25 yrs. She said no, that her sister hadn’t ever smoked & they sound the same.

I’m not sure I liked Catherine being killed off. Although I did like the majority of season of 2, I didn’t like the decision to morph the Millenium Group strictly into a cult.

I won’t bring up every little question I have presently but I do want to know about the pottery site, is there anything concrete on the movie besides it is going to happen (is that gonna be within this decade?), & appearances.

Till next time remember: IT'S ALL ABOUT FRANK BLACK

Hi Heidi, and welcome to the best web sight on the net. I post here a lot, but I'm not a member of the staff, so I can say that without bragging. First off, in response to the question about trolls, flamers, & flame-baters, my understanding is that these are people who go to a message board to stir things up and be counterproductive and try to bait other people into being counterproductive. I frequently run into people on public boards who just seem to want to pick a fight with anyone and everyone and see how far they can escalate it, and how many people they can drag into the mud slinging. Thankfully, there is none of that here, and if there was, it would not be tolerated. This leaves room for nothing but wonderful discussion about the show, and an off topic area for discussion about whatever your heart desires.

I think you will have a lot in common with many members here as far as interests go. For me, the best shows ever on TV are Millennium and X-files in that order, and I also enjoy the forensic shows very much. As for season three, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts about it when you start watching it, because after about a 7 year wait for the DVD box set of season 3, I found that there was a lot I didn't remember, that the season was a lot better than I gave it credit for, and that it had some of the best stand alone episodes of the entire series. My favorite happens to be season 2, with season 1 close behind, but you will find that this is a topic that is frequently debated here. Oh, and yes, "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" is brilliant, and one of the many contributing factors to season 2 being my fav.

As for Lance, I have to agree with you. I have always liked him, but Millennium took that to a whole new level. I'm a heterosexual man, and heck, I even think his voice is sexy. I never could understand why he has been described by non fans with terms such as necrotic, because I think he was anything but in Millennium. In fact, I thought he was very charismatic in the show and showed a lot of passion. I also find him to be ruggedly handsome and an amazing actor. Anyway's, welcome to the forum. As a fan of the show, you have really found a gold mine here.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

PS, I really like your avatar picture. I don't think I have seen one before that wasn't shaped like a square.

Guest SouthernCelt

Hello, Heidi, welcome to TIWWA. If you like Millennium, this is the place to be. Hope to see you here often.

Guest Doll
Hi Heidi, and welcome to the best web sight on the net. I post here a lot, but I'm not a member of the staff, so I can say that without bragging. First off, in response to the question about trolls, flamers, & flame-baters, my understanding is that these are people who go to a message board to stir things up and be counterproductive and try to bait other people into being counterproductive. I frequently run into people on public boards who just seem to want to pick a fight with anyone and everyone and see how far they can escalate it, and how many people they can drag into the mud slinging. Thankfully, there is none of that here, and if there was, it would not be tolerated. This leaves room for nothing but wonderful discussion about the show, and an off topic area for discussion about whatever your heart desires.

I think you will have a lot in common with many members here as far as interests go. For me, the best shows ever on TV are Millennium and X-files in that order, and I also enjoy the forensic shows very much. As for season three, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts about it when you start watching it, because after about a 7 year wait for the DVD box set of season 3, I found that there was a lot I didn't remember, that the season was a lot better than I gave it credit for, and that it had some of the best stand alone episodes of the entire series. My favorite happens to be season 2, with season 1 close behind, but you will find that this is a topic that is frequently debated here. Oh, and yes, "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" is brilliant, and one of the many contributing factors to season 2 being my fav.

As for Lance, I have to agree with you. I have always liked him, but Millennium took that to a whole new level. I'm a heterosexual man, and heck, I even think his voice is sexy. I never could understand why he has been described by non fans with terms such as necrotic, because I think he was anything but in Millennium. In fact, I thought he was very charismatic in the show and showed a lot of passion. I also find him to be ruggedly handsome and an amazing actor. Anyway's, welcome to the forum. As a fan of the show, you have really found a gold mine here.

Thanks for such a detailed response MilleniumIsBliss. Lance's face is very symmetrical w/extremely pleasing features. His face has character unlike most other actors. It's refreshing to see a man who's secure in his masculinity. You're right - he's an awesome actor. Everything he does looks so effortless & fluidic. I was watching AVP last night - which episode of X-Flies was the Piper Maru in, was it the one with the accelerated aging b/c of the 'heavy salt'?

Guest Doll
PS, I really like your avatar picture. I don't think I have seen one before that wasn't shaped like a square.

I'm not sure that it isn't square. I think it has a similar color background to the area surrounding it so it looks like there's no borders. I thought it was a good choice for my avatar.

:devil: ~~~~~~~ You gotta' be bad to be good! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :angel:

Guest Doll

Thanx to everyone else . This seems to be quite a personable community.

I was checking out the map and am hoping more people take advantage of it. :alien2:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks for such a detailed response MilleniumIsBliss. Lance's face is very symmetrical w/extremely pleasing features. His face has character unlike most other actors. It's refreshing to see a man who's secure in his masculinity. You're right - he's an awesome actor. Everything he does looks so effortless & fluidic. I was watching AVP last night - which episode of X-Flies was the Piper Maru in, was it the one with the accelerated aging b/c of the 'heavy salt'?

Yes, again, I am totally straight, but I find Lance to be very masculine and very reggedly good looking. Which reminds me of one of the polls I started. I think it is in the section "Lance Henriksen, man of the Millennium". If you want to vote, the poll is called "Frank Black, sexy or not sexy" (if i remember correctly). It was a lot of fun, as are many of the polls that have been created here. If you are so inclined, you can now start a poll of your own at any time. They are actually quite easy to create.

As for the "Piper Maru" episode, I think you are correct, I believe it was Dod Kalm, the one with John Savage.