Duchovny Speaks on Jimmy Kimmel

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

He can't say they're definitely going to be shooting in November, because the project has yet to be greenlighted by 20th Century Fox.

He's not lying, he just means that he hopes to be shooting it in November.

He can't say they're definitely going to be shooting in November, because the project has yet to be greenlighted by 20th Century Fox.

He's not lying, he just means that he hopes to be shooting it in November.

Duchovny didnt say hope, he said they will start shooting the movie in mid-november, he didnt say hope.

I wonder, do you work in the entertainment business?

you seem to know alot

i am not trying to call you out or anything but you really seem to know more about this situation more so than David Duchovny.

Are you Chris Carter in disguise? lol

Can we PLEASE stop arguing about the very idea of an X Files movie, or, heaven-forbid....a Millennium movie?

If Joe states he saw this statment on a talk show, from David himself, I believe him, as I believe David. Even if all of us are wrong, what does it matter? Some believe in Santa Clause, or Aliens, or whatever. Even if all of them are wrong.... what does it really matter?

We can all *Wait* to see if a movie ever is made.... and not *Worry* about it, because, in the grand scheme of things..... *Who cares....??*

We'd all love to see Mulder & Scully again. But there's no reason for this kind of defensiveness, hostility, and judgment.

It's a tv show, people! Get some perspective!

'Nuff said.

Guest Laurent.
Some believe in Santa Clause, or Aliens, or whatever. Even if all of them are wrong.... what does it really matter?

Right... So I guess it's not that bad if I believe in The X-Files 2...

Guest ZeusFaber
Duchovny didnt say hope, he said they will start shooting the movie in mid-november, he didnt say hope.

I wonder, do you work in the entertainment business?

you seem to know alot

i am not trying to call you out or anything but you really seem to know more about this situation more so than David Duchovny.

Are you Chris Carter in disguise? lol

I know Duchovny appeared on this show and made a remark to that affect, I'm not questioning that. But I'd be interested to hear his precise phrasing, and the context of the interview question and answer.

I'm pretty sure that if we could see his exact words, it wouldn't quite come across as a definite, set in stone commitment that a budget has been set and pre-production has started. Everyone involved on the creative side want to make it happen as soon as possible, but it is the studio who would have to agree to it and schedule shooting dates.

And no, I'm not Chris Carter! :bigsmile:

I know Duchovny appeared on this show and made a remark to that affect, I'm not questioning that. But I'd be interested to hear his precise phrasing, and the context of the interview question and answer.

I'm pretty sure that if we could see his exact words, it wouldn't quite come across as a definite, set in stone commitment that a budget has been set and pre-production has started. Everyone involved on the creative side want to make it happen as soon as possible, but it is the studio who would have to agree to it and schedule shooting dates.

And no, I'm not Chris Carter! :bigsmile:

and i just told you what Duchovny just said............word for word

this is all i have to say on the subject

• Elders (Admins)

I wonder if any fans have posted this on YouTube yet? I'll do some searching. It would be nice to see another interview.

Well there is none at the moment, but if any get posted they should show below:

[Please don't quote this post in full if replying.]