Duchovny Speaks on Jimmy Kimmel

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber
It seems I didn't make myself clear ! HPD did not said that Fox has greenlighted the second XF movie, in which case your questioning would of been more than reasonable. He only said that Duchovny stated that filming will start mid November.

It's the same thing. Movies can't start shooting unless they've been greenlighted. To say that TXF2 is going to start shooting in November is to say that it is officially a go. But this is to do with DD, not HPD.

And btw, HPD didn't seamed at all carried by enthusiasm. He only limited himself to report what Duchovny stated, period. It's not fair to imply that HPD is a liar, or that he is speaking off the top of his head which is worse.

I thought I made it quite clear that nothing of what I'm talking about has anything to do with HPD personally. I have absolutely no doubt that what he reported is entirely honest and not "off the top of his head" in any way.

What I'm talking about here is the wider reaction of fans as a general body, perhaps more applicable to lurkers who might read this thread. Time and again through the past, some people have mistaken many many reports to mean that TXF2 is due imminently, then when it doesn't happen they get all disappointed and lash out at people like DD and CC for talking about it. You only need look around a few X-Files message boards for ample examples of this. I'm just trying to prevent that from happening again.

All I'm curious about is the context of this remark from DD. Where's the harm in that? You seem to have mistaken this simple, innocent desire for some kind of personal attack on HPD, but I don't see why. That was never the idea at all.

David Duchovny has been critiized in the past for making statements about a X-File 2 movie when there where no plans of one. Personally i had never had the chance to hear his comments in the past until just recently when he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel. I guess then you all might think, "Why did HPD report this info anyway?" First of all, i know what ZF is talking about because i use to be apart of some of those XF message boards and how things gets so rapant and people argue because of what is said by Duchovny and Carter. So the reason i reported word by word was because this time he was time-table specific. I am not priviledge to view whats Green lighhted or not but watching him talking to Kimmell in such a manner to me was convincing.

Here is some news about XF2 that came out in July:XF2

Ok here is a report that seems to confirm what he said on Kimmel, but the story was released July 16, 2007

XF Movie

I hope this might help and clarify

Hey Oldman, how do you open those Kimmel files?

Here's what that link leads you to, on a page at scifi.com

12:00 AM, 16-JULY-07

Duchovny: X-Files 2 Script Is Done

David Duchovny, who played special agent Fox Mulder on the television series The X-Files and in the 1998 feature film, told reporters that he will be getting a finished script of a proposed second movie this week. Speaking in a news conference at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif. on July 14, Duchovny said that The X-Files creator Chris Carter drafted the new script with longtime producing partner Frank Spotnitz. (Duchovny was promoting his new Showtime series Californication.)

"Chris has written it with Frank Spotnitz, and Chris will direct it," Duchovny said. "And [co-star Gillian Anderson is] on board, and I'm on board, and that's all I can tell you. I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing what he did."

Rumors of a second film have been circulating since the previous one came out. This time, Duchovny said that the long-anticipated sequel project is finally moving forward.

"Before, I would just say that because they told me," Duchovny said. "But now I've been talking to Chris and he's been giving me progress reports. He actually called yesterday and said next week we should have something."

Duchovny added that he's looking forward to bringing back Mulder because "he's cool." Filming for the proposed stand-alone film would begin in November, with an eye toward release in the summer of 2008, he said. —Cindy White

Don't shoot! :eyes::wtf::fraghim::alien2::alien:

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Erin.

If filming is set to begin in November as Duchovny told reporters and Kimmel, Fox would seem to have

'green-lit' the project and haven't issues a press release or its been overlookerd (doubtful).

Hey Oldman, how do you open those Kimmel files?

They are BitTorrent files, so you need a BitTorrent client like Vuze Azeureus to open them and it will ask where you want to save the file too (your downloads folder or whatever). It will then in theory download the full file a bit at a time from everyone else who has it and is sharing it or downloading it themselves. At the time of posting though, the torrent file was sitting idle as nobody was online sharing it.

It's the same thing. Movies can't start shooting unless they've been greenlighted. To say that TXF2 is going to start shooting in November is to say that it is officially a go. But this is to do with DD, not HPD.

I thought I made it quite clear that nothing of what I'm talking about has anything to do with HPD personally. I have absolutely no doubt that what he reported is entirely honest and not "off the top of his head" in any way.

What I'm talking about here is the wider reaction of fans as a general body, perhaps more applicable to lurkers who might read this thread. Time and again through the past, some people have mistaken many many reports to mean that TXF2 is due imminently, then when it doesn't happen they get all disappointed and lash out at people like DD and CC for talking about it. You only need look around a few X-Files message boards for ample examples of this. I'm just trying to prevent that from happening again.

All I'm curious about is the context of this remark from DD. Where's the harm in that? You seem to have mistaken this simple, innocent desire for some kind of personal attack on HPD, but I don't see why. That was never the idea at all.

Allow me Z !

This is not about overreacting fans, or something. This is about HPD reporting a statement of someone involved in XF2, and you hitting the roof. It's as simple as that. We don't discuss here what the steps are for the film to come in to being, but a report made by a member of the board. Open a new thread if you like, and enlight us with all the details of movie making process. You know, as I told you in some other post, is not necessary to say in plain words that someone is a liar or an idiot. One can read through the lines you know.

Guest ZeusFaber

As per those other articles, here's the simple truth of the matter:

Duchovny added that he's looking forward to bringing back Mulder because "he's cool." Filming for the proposed stand-alone film would begin in November, with an eye toward release in the summer of 2008, he said.

Would begin in November. The idea is, the script's being written, people are hoping to do it, and if all that resulted in a go ahead from 20th, then it would begin shooting in November.

Again, my only point is to stop people (mostly lurkers) from getting the wrong end of the stick and presuming that the thing is definitely happening. I don't see the harm in that.

Guest ZeusFaber
This is about HPD reporting a statement of someone involved in XF2, and you hitting the roof.

Hitting the roof? Wow.

All I did was make a simple clarification, adding a few simple caveats. If you call that hitting the roof, I'd hate to see what you would call an actual argument.

We don't discuss here what the steps are for the film to come in to being, but a report made by a member of the board.

Er, since when? The topic is clearly about the likelihood of a new X-Files movie. Topics aren't there to just post one piece of information and then be locked. It's called a discussion thread.

You know, as I told you in some other post, is not necessary to say in plain words that someone is a liar or an idiot. One can read through the lines you know.

I find it utterly bizarre that you are so keen to twist my words and try and see something between the lines that isn't there.

Hitting the roof? Wow.

If you call that hitting the roof, I'd hate to see what you would call an actual argument.

Machine guns and stuff...?

I'm not utterly keen to do anything, apart mentioning that your reaction at HPD's reporting was unfair. All here.

Let's call it here. I hate to talk with someone which pretends not to understand what I'm saying.

Cheers

Guest ein042

I'm so sorry to butt in.

I don't think anyone saw Zeus's comments as a personal attack but the more this goes on the more people will believe it.

They are, I believe, good friends who argue amicably like friends do.

Zeus was clarifying but even I would start to take this personally if it became such an issue!

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'm so sorry to butt in.

I don't think anyone saw Zeus's comments as a personal attack but the more this goes on the more people will believe it.

They are, I believe, good friends who argue amicably like friends do.

Zeus was clarifying but even I would start to take this personally if it became such an issue!

Allow me to butt in too. :oneeyedwinK I agree, I think Zues has made his intentions clear enough, and is trying to warn against getting your hopes up until this is carved in stone. I don't think Zues was questioning what Joe said, but rather the way Duchnovney phrased his comments. From what I have read, this would not be the first time that Duchnovney all but guaranteed that the new XF movie was right around the corner and left fans dissapointed when, and in this case if it should fall through. This is not to say that DD's comments are not grounds for optimism but, after all these years, I'll believe this film is going to happen when I am sitting in the theater watching it. :oneeyedwinK