Woman held captive in cellar for 24 years

Rate this topic

I would of shot him right there on the spot, but not before I would of tortured him to my heart contempt. The same treatment to the mother if the investigation would of revealed that she knew and ignored the facts.

Hi Liberty,

I have just watched a report on television which featured an Austrian journalist. He stated that 'rumour' amongst the local people is that this man (and I use the word loosely) was a violent and controlling character who was known to beat his wife. It has been suggested that she long since stopped asking questions of him, rarely spoke unless spoken to and lived a thoroughly miserable existence herself. I pray that time does not reveal this women to be a willing accomplice.

I don't know how much coverage this is getting globally but it's receiving a huge amount of attention in the UK and after reading the morning papers today I just cannot fathom the horror of it all.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
I don't know how much coverage this is getting globally but it's receiving a huge amount of attention in the UK and after reading the morning papers today I just cannot fathom the horror of it all.

Best wishes,

Eth

It was mentioned both during the televised news and in the newspaper over here. I don't think their following the news closely, mostly repeating what European medias are saying. Keep me up to date whenever some new information will be made public.

Hi Liberty,

I have just watched a report on television which featured an Austrian journalist. He stated that 'rumour' amongst the local people is that this man (and I use the word loosely) was a violent and controlling character who was known to beat his wife. It has been suggested that she long since stopped asking questions of him, rarely spoke unless spoken to and lived a thoroughly miserable existence herself. I pray that time does not reveal this women to be a willing accomplice.

Best wishes,

Eth

It got some publicity in Italy too. But I am listening mostly to the Beeb and RFI more then italian news

Hi Darkie, thanks for the updates!

On of the compelling aspects for me in this case is the aftercare the poor women and her offspring are receiving. Given our own cursory knowledge of what has occurred and the cautious statement released by the medical authorities it appears this case is presenting huge issues to the psychological and physiological care staff who are attending to them.

Psychologically alone they are dealing with three individuals who have no concept of existence beyond the confines of their labyrinth. Sound, movement, communication, interaction, technology and auditory information are, it seems, proving to be highly detrimental to a person with no experience of the wealth of sensory experiences modern living stimulates. As they have had no exposure to sunlight they are photophobic, used to operating in muted light, have low levels of Vitamin D, pale skin and hair and on and on. It would appear, for now, that the care teams are endeavoring to deliver their interventions in an environment re-created to be as similar to the one they know as much as is possible while a slow and gradual introduction to normality is managed by the psychological team.

If ever there has been a real life Horror story then this is most surely a candidate. A blight on humanities record and a tragedy that I cannot find the right words express.

Guest Sheree Dawn
I have trouble accepting that the wife didn't know. Give me a break. Anyway, for another unpopular opinion - why isn't this old b******* hanging from a tree yet?

I thought the same thing, too. If they really didn't know, just how "effin stupid" was she? As for the popularity of the opinion, it does not change the fact that you are right and that a tree should have been prepared already.

Guest Sheree Dawn
I would of shot him right there on the spot, but not before I would of tortured him to my heart contempt. The same treatment to the mother if the investigation would of revealed that she knew and ignored the facts.

Again, how do you NOT notice ???

In cases like this, capital punishment should be mandatory. No appeals, no long lines on death row.

There's tons of updates on UK News sites today so as requested I will share them.

An Austrian website has a video of the chap at the heart of the inquiry which is being repeated constantly on Sky News, sadly I can't read the articles but the video is chilling enough given that it depicts a man without a care in the world.

Monster Video

Key Developments

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Sheree Dawn
There's tons of updates on UK News sites today so as requested I will share them.

An Austrian website has a video of the chap at the heart of the inquiry which is being repeated constantly on Sky News, sadly I can't read the articles but the video is chilling enough given that it depicts a man without a care in the world.

Monster Video

Key Developments

Best wishes,

Eth

He's a monster. I couldn't understand the video, save for the one word they kept using... MONSTER.

All I can do is wonder WHY? :censored:

Y'know angel it has me in mind of the morality of so many Season Three Epsiodes but specifically of Closure. Sometimes there is no 'why' there simply 'is'. Even in psychology there are those who will freely admit that there are individuals who display a pathology outside of any modalities ability to explain it. In those circumstances the approach is not to determine the 'why' but to deal with the 'is'.

I read an awful report of how two of the children were transfixed by the Moon. They had only ever seen it on television. An eighteen year old marvelling over the moon for the first time. So tragic.

Best wishes,

Eth