Oh my God it's full of stars!

Rate this topic

Guest WhiteWolf

In keeping with the theme of classic SF films, I would want to go with something from Star WArs or something, but my mind is drawing a blank. That's pretty amazing when you consider what a big Star Wars dork I am.

Or I could go with "Come with me if you want to live," from 1984's THE TERMINATOR.

Or even "If it bleeds, we can kill it," from PREDATOR.

But if I had to pick a Steven Wright quote, it would be: "If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?"

I'm sensing an uncomfortable theme with my choices.

Guest peas_and_corn

How about this quote, from Fight Club-

"First you have to know, not fear, know, that some day you are going to die"

Fight the Future

Or Fear is the unknown. Just thought up that one myself just now.

another one i would consider is from "For Her Light" by Fields of the Nepilim....

"your effigy, dissolves in my hands"..

4th Horseman

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll go with Charlton Heston from "Omega Man"...

"Thanks alot you cheating b*******."

Or James Franciscus from Roedecker's favorite "Beneath the Planet of the Apes"...

"It's a city of Apes!"

Guest Yatanis
Just a little fluff-some fun inspired by Sheree's topic on 'Soylent Green'.

Hi everybody!

Sorry if it's gonna be a little off topic, but I want to ask Eth about Sheree's topic he mentioned.

Since I watched 'Millennium' I created a sound theme on my computer and now it speaks with me by Frank/Lance's voice. Surely, "Soylent Green is people"I hear as a system greeting. One day I was so interested of where from the phrase came that I did a little research.

Is it a well known information here or should I share what I found?

Hi Yatanis,

Please don't apologise for veering from the subject for a moment, we all do it, no-one more than myself. Lance's passphrase and its origins are well documented round these parts but don't let that prevent you from starting discussion. You may have a point of view that hasn't been expressed before and in addition new members may enjoy discussing an aspect of the show as we oldies have done in the past. I am sure a brief search will lead you to a Soylent topic so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on what has gone before.

By the way you have a Lance themed soundscape on your PC? Wow :)

Eth

Guest Yatanis
I am sure a brief search will lead you to a Soylent topic so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on what has gone before.

By the way you have a Lance themed soundscape on your PC? Wow :)

It will sound strange, but 'search' doesn't help much.

In search for phrase meaning I actually download and watch the movie, but mostly I was shocked when some reporter, telling about C. Heston's death, called the article "Heston became Soylent green!"...

I adore Lance's voice and when my PC talks with me by his phrases, it makes me happy. :embarassed:

Hi Yatanis,

I'm not sure I explained myself very well and apologise if my response was a little confusing. I have found Sheree's topic for you and feel sure you will find it interesting as well as the perfect place for you to add any thoughts on the movie or the phrase.

Best wishes :)

Eth

Soylent Green is People