Oh my God it's full of stars!

Rate this topic

• 1 month later...

Cool topic.

I would choose either:

"No one here is exactly what they seem" (From Babylon 5)

"And so it begins..." (also from B5)

or "Don't tell me what I can't do" (From Lost)

As my passphrase.

Edited by xgirl30

I actually thought about this many years ago.

"There is no spoon." from The Matrix

Or...

"It was a pleasure to burn." opening line from Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451

Guest Laurent.

I like both "don't tell me what I can't do" and "it was a pleasure to burn".

It's probably possible to install some kind of software to have a vocal protection on your computer. Anyone knows anything? I'll try to google it later...

By the way, it's been buried under other posts, but mine was:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange æons even death may die."

-Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

It's possible to cut this one in two, 'cause it is a bit too long, so it would be either "that is not dead which can eternal lie" or "with strange æons even death may die".

I like both "don't tell me what I can't do" and "it was a pleasure to burn".

It's probably possible to install some kind of software to have a vocal protection on your computer. Anyone knows anything? I'll try to google it later...

By the way, it's been buried under other posts, but mine was:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange æons even death may die."

-Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

It's possible to cut this one in two, 'cause it is a bit too long, so it would be either "that is not dead which can eternal lie" or "with strange æons even death may die".

Those would both be cool passphrases.

"Don't tell me what I can't do." is one of my favorite Lost quotes. (and it's a perfect passphrase because I feel like saying that to my computer when I get an error message.)

Other good passphrase quotes:

From Lost:

"I looked into the eye of the island, and what I saw was beautiful."

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."

"I'm a bloody rock God!" (I could see a guy using this one.)

From Carnivale:

"Pain is an unavoidable side effect."

"In Hoc Signo Vinces" (this fits because I see some similarity between the MM Group and the Templars)

Guest Laurent.

Hahaha I'd pay to see Terry O'Quinn yell that one at his computer because of an error!

Hey I'm glad to see that you enjoy Carnivàle too! We definately must have similar tastes when it comes to television!

There are a few other good quotes from Carnivàle that might also work as passphrase, I especially like this one:

Samson: You better hurry up and get born, kid.

I don't why but it catches my attention every single time. I don't know if it is an usual expression in English, but it is a very resonant phrase I think; the meaning is clear, yet the choice of words is awkward enough to make you wonder if there is something more to it.

There are also some more popular ones:

Every Prophet in his house.

Have you seen my bear?

Let's shake some dust, children!

Hahaha I'd pay to see Terry O'Quinn yell that one at his computer because of an error!

Hey I'm glad to see that you enjoy Carnivàle too! We definately must have similar tastes when it comes to television!

There are a few other good quotes from Carnivàle that might also work as passphrase, I especially like this one:

Samson: You better hurry up and get born, kid.

I don't why but it catches my attention every single time. I don't know if it is an usual expression in English, but it is a very resonant phrase I think; the meaning is clear, yet the choice of words is awkward enough to make you wonder if there is something more to it.

There are also some more popular ones:

Every Prophet in his house.

Have you seen my bear?

Let's shake some dust, children!

That's a great mental picture. I'd love to see that too.

Carnivale rocks. (Why are all the really good shows canceled early?)

I forgot all about "Every prophet in his house." . That's a great one.

The others are good too.

I don't remember "You better hurry up and get born, kid" from the show. It's a great line though.

Edited by xgirl30

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vergilius

What a great site and topic! I've been lurking for the past few days, and I just had to become a member.

Mine would be:

"Cogito, ergo sum"

"Jesus wept"

or

Sticking with the biblical motif, "Even the Demons believe--and shudder"