XF:IWTB on blu-ray and dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

And I forgot to pre-order my copy... I'll do it right now!

Haha thanks for the reminder Zeus!

I'm glad that you'll be able to enjoy all the same features! Would you care giving us a quick review of the bonus material when you'll have the time?

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks, ZF, for that info. I'm awaiting my DVD, already shipped from amazon according to them, so I should get it on Monday. (I'll try to refrain from kissing the postman. Mostly because our posties are good guys'n'gals so I wouldn't want to frighten them off. :roedecker: ) This should arrive in the usual mail, as it's just the one small package. The last time I ordered several things from amazon it was delivered by courier because of the package size, and it took about a week. It was pretty obvious there were problems at that time with the courier because when the guy arrived and parked outside the house he had several packages to deliver to a number of houses here. Sometimes Royal Mail does do it better.

I have heard elsewhere that one person who got their DVD from play.com reported: "it was the 2 disk directors cut - which should have contained the movie and extras on one disk and a bonus disk containing the digital download of the movie. The box only contained the digital download - their was no provision in the box for a second disk!" Maybe there are problems in terms of what people are ordering because of the various descriptions. I'll be checking mine as soon as it arrives.

Needless to say, a transcript will follow tout suite - transcribing is the best thing I know to focus my brain away from my dentist appointment next Wednesday. :signlol:

Guest ZeusFaber

That sounds a bit odd. For the record, there are in fact three discs in the UK "2-Disc Director's Cut". It's just that they're counting the bonus digital copy as an extra on top of the main discs. In the US, they're calling it a "3 Disc Edition," but the actual disc-count and spread of features is exactly the same.

The individual disc contents for the UK "2 Disc Director's Cut" are as follows:

Disc One

* Extended Director's Cut Version of the Movie

* Audio Commentary by Chris Carter and Frank Spontnitz

* Three Deleted Scenes

Disc Two

* 'Trust No-One - Can the X-Files Remain a Secret'

* Gag Reel

* Chris Carter: Statements on Green Production

* Body Parts: Special Makeup Effects

* 'Dying to Live' by Xzibit

* Four Still Galleries

* Two Trailers

Bonus Third Disc

* A Digital Copy of The X-Files: I Want to Believe

And of course, I'd be happy to give an overall review of the features once I've been through them all.

I've already pre-ordered R1 version but I guess it will take quite some time before I'll receive it. I'm gonna die waiting for it LOL

Needless to say, a transcript will follow tout suite

Thanks Libby! :)

And of course, I'd be happy to give an overall review of the features once I've been through them all.

I'm very curious about Director's Cut -- I mean, what scenes are in there?

Guest ZeusFaber
I'm very curious about Director's Cut -- I mean, what scenes are in there?

It's pretty subtle, and there are no whole new scenes added in. It's more about showing slightly more in tiny doses, rather than big chunks of new material. I confess it's difficult for me to pin down exactly where the extended shots are, as you'd need a good memory and a sharp eye. US fans will be in better position to analyze it since they'll have the original theatrical cut to compare to directly.

But from a first viewing, I think there is a lengthened part where Scully cries at the hospital early on, plus we see Dakota Whitney actually hitting the ground after her fatal fall, which I believe we didn't in cinemas. I think there's an extra few shots of Janke on the cliff disposing of body parts while Father Joe and the FBI team find the "dirty glass" (unless I'm remembering the original cut wrong there), and the odd extra glimpse of the head transplant operation.

In summary though, it's all very subtle. I doubt a casual viewer would even notice.

Then there is the end credits, which features an extra little overlay of a million-odd snapshots of production photos.

Guest Laurent.
I think there's an extra few shots of Janke on the cliff disposing of body parts while Father Joe and the FBI team find the "dirty glass" (unless I'm remembering the original cut wrong there), and the odd extra glimpse of the head transplant operation.

No you're not remembering it wrong! I think that this is a good addition to the flow of the plot and to the creepiness factor... anyway I'll wait before I see it with my own eyes. It should be on its way soon!

Guest ZeusFaber

I wouldn't say any of it was all that gory, myself, and certainly not gratuitous. To be honest, nothing particularly leaps out and says "more gore".

If anything, I think perhaps Whitney's fall and hitting the ground was the thing that drew attention to itself most. Perhaps marginally more focus on the cutting into the necks. But there's nothing noticeably explicit, and I wouldn't have thought there'd be much of anything to change the domestic PG-13 rating (also supported by the fact that the BBFC passed both cuts as a 15 certificate, with no change).

But again, I expect someone with the R1 version, possessing both cuts of the movie, will be in a better position to make an accurate comparison, as I find my memory may not be up to the task -- particularly as I didn't get to see the original cut in cinemas as many times as I wanted to owing to its all too rapid disappearance from our screens.