Will the real Peter Watts please stand up?

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Which is probably another example of why a "Millennium" movie could work. "Millennium" simple doesn't have a rabid fanbase akin to the Treckers. Chris Carter could certainly be a little more flexible with content without hoards of protesting fans demanding his head for the lack of a moustache on Watts or Frank not driving the right make of jeep. I'm fairly sure that "Millennium" fans would be much more accommodating to a re-imagining and a more contemporary version of the show. Lance has even spoken about wanting to use coarser language in a film than they were able to in television. I don't think we'd be too disappointed if the film wasn't a direct remake of the show but a reboot (of sorts) if that's what Chris feels it needs.

Eth

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Which is probably another example of why a "Millennium" movie could work. "Millennium" simple doesn't have a rabid fanbase akin to the Treckers. Chris Carter could certainly be a little more flexible with content without hoards of protesting fans demanding his head for the lack of a moustache on Watts or Frank not driving the right make of jeep. I'm fairly sure that "Millennium" fans would be much more accommodating to a re-imagining and a more contemporary version of the show. Lance has even spoken about wanting to use coarser language in a film than they were able to in television. I don't think we'd be too disappointed if the film wasn't a direct remake of the show but a reboot (of sorts) if that's what Chris feels it needs.

Eth

Ive never thought about it like that! As long as we have the same actors id be happy! I think one of the most interesting things would be to have Britany Tiplady back as his daughter all grown up! It would sort of bring the show into perspective with how much time has past... Maybe that a bad thing? Ha ha i dont know! As long as we get a MM with Lance ill be happy! What i dont get is that you see every summer you see movies that have no prior background( UNLIKE MM) have no existing fan base (UNLIKE MM) and they have horrible plots and get horrible ratings! I seriously think that someone doesn't want a MM movie.... Yeah the movie might not be a huge blockbuster blowout but COME ON! People are still going to see it and its DEFIANTLY going to make decent money!

Again, it depends on the writing. It would have to be good enough to stand on it's own without dozens of "shouts" to the television series. I'm sure there would be some. If they could do like was done in X-Files 2, I think it would be sucessful. I would hope that the story would be intense enough to attract other moviegoers as well.

• Like 1

I would be more than happy with a movie akin to XF2 and oddly enough when that film was released I do remember a number of reviews stating that the movie was more in the vein of CC's work on Millennium than X-Files. If we never see a Millennium Movie then you could do worse than to look to "Pilot" for how it could have been done and been done well. Take the audience back to the genesis of the characters and give them a really intense ride with some striking visuals bereft of all the mythological considerations that crept in over the subsequent episodes. I still think "Pilot" is CC's finest work to date.

Eth

• 2 years later...
Guest Ghostmojo
... Maybe he's meant to be dead, but scheduling wise they had to compromise, because Terry O'Quinn couldn't do the shot for some reason. That's one reason for how the shot looked, that's my take on it anyway ...

I hope that is not the case. He was such an important character and I disliked his lessening of appearances in Season 3.

Having said that - they did like to bump off a major character in each season - Belcher at the end of S1 / Catherine at the end of S2 / Watts at the end of S3???

Good point Ghostmojo, they really did like bumping off a major character. Naturally we don't miss the minor ones, but there really has been a lot of talk about Watts and whether he is really dead and if that is really him on the floor and not mabius. I've heard someone say they were Watts' shoes, but have had no confirmation on that. Wouldn't surprise me that it is Watts since he did rebel against the group on occasion, for both himself and Frank.

Everyone loved Terry as Watts, and we all would love to see his character again. Sure hope he's alive.

• 9 months later...

Watts was a good one. Good guy, bad guy good guy. That moustache too, LOL! You know Watts' family didn't have much airplay in the show, except for the one daughter that got kidnapped. Then the alaska episode, they had a little airtime. I'd have to wonder how Mrs Watts handled all the secrecy and all that went on.

• 3 years later...

They never really did say how Peter kept his marriage going, did they? Peter does reveal to Frank his reasons for joining the group in S2, which I believe helped create a very special bond between them, but any scenes Watts had with Catherine ( which were few and far between ) always seemed ( to me, anyway ) to have a tension, a "coldness" if you will...in one episode she says to Peter "I feel like I'm meeting with the other woman" yet I wonder if Peter felt the same about her...not in any personal way, but as if he thought of her as a bad influence ( for lack of a better term ) on Frank....as if his own wife and family had long since learned not to ask him about his work and he wished Catherine could do the same...