Hello from Northern Ireland

Guest f1mandi

Guest f1mandi

Hi,

Just joined today. My name is Amanda but I go by Mandi or on this forum f1mandi since I'm also a devoted fan of Formula One. But I've been a Millennium fan since it all began and was pretty active in MM online fandom back in the day - writing fan fic and the like, but time and real life made me leave it all behind.

Just recently I decided to rewatch all the episodes - some I hadn't seen since their original airdate, and it was as good as it ever was! It also made me realise just how much I miss the show and so I found myself here......

Not much else to day other than hi and I hope maybe somebody remembers me :)

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, Mandi. Were you involved with alt.tv.millennium back in the day? I came late to Millennium, but that's where I caught up on reading reviews of MM episodes as they aired.

I think that part of the reason why we're still here is the community, but also that the themes and topics of MM are still relevant.

There's lots to read here, so feel free to browse around and reinvigorate older topics if you wish. We like newbies here, because that's how we get to revisit the questions that MM episodes raised.

Guest Mandi

Hi Earthnut,

Thank you. It's great to find this forum and to realise there are still many active MM fans. I'll be here when I can, although now and then I'll disappear for a couple of weeks as we spend about half of each month living Scotland and half here. Unfortunately where our "yellow house" is, we have no internet coverage, so I go dark roughly every two weeks.

Mandi

Guest Mandi

<<<Welcome, Mandi. Were you involved with alt.tv.millennium back in the day? I came late to Millennium, but that's where I caught up on reading reviews of MM episodes as they aired.>>>

Yes, that's where I spent most of my time! Although I usually had to wait a while to discuss episodes as they aired, I think, about 2 or 3 weeks later here in the UK. I was very active on the newsgroup and it was a fun place. Crazy and wild, but such good fun. It was where I started writing fan fic and that led me to being invited to join the Virtual Season 4 writers. Sadly I had to turn them down as I just couldn't commit myself to the time and effort it would have taken.

When I look at what they achieved I kick myself for turning down their offer! The very first fics I ever wrote were about MM and I still have them on ffnet.

<<<I think that part of the reason why we're still here is the community, but also that the themes and topics of MM are still relevant.>>>

I noticed that when I re-watched the entire series lately.

There's lots to read here, so feel free to browse around and reinvigorate older topics if you wish. We like newbies here, because that's how we get to revisit the questions that MM episodes raised.

It will take me a while. There is lots of good stuff here!

Cheers,

Mandi

• Elders (Moderators)

<<<Welcome, Mandi. Were you involved with alt.tv.millennium back in the day? I came late to Millennium, but that's where I caught up on reading reviews of MM episodes as they aired.>>>

Yes, that's where I spent most of my time! Although I usually had to wait a while to discuss episodes as they aired, I think, about 2 or 3 weeks later here in the UK. I was very active on the newsgroup and it was a fun place. Crazy and wild, but such good fun.

It was certainly very active when I was reading it. Although I did feel that newbies didn't get much of a break when they didn't know who Rufrex was.

I'll be here when I can, although now and then I'll disappear for a couple of weeks as we spend about half of each month living Scotland and half here. Unfortunately where our "yellow house" is, we have no internet coverage, so I go dark roughly every two weeks.

I was going to ask if you travelled by air or ferry, but then thought that given some of the weather in that area, if it were me it wouldn't matter either way - I'd be reaching for the sick bag anyway. yucky.gif

Regular attendance here isn't compulsory - honest! Just stop by whenever you want to, we'll be here. I am intrigued by your "yellow house", though. I can understand if you don't want to post possibly identifying pictures, but a description would be nice. wink.gif

Guest Mandi

<<It was certainly very active when I was reading it. Although I did feel that newbies didn't get much of a break when they didn't know who Rufrex was.>>

I think I remember that! Ruefrex was Kay and Erin, and didn't a holy row start because someone didn't believe her/them?

<<I was going to ask if you travelled by air or ferry, but then thought that given some of the weather in that area, if it were me it wouldn't matter either way - I'd be reaching for the sick bag anyway. yucky.gif>>

We take the ferry from Belfast to Stranraer and our place is about 45minutes south from Stranraer on the SW coast. We have to take the ferry because our 2 dogs always go with us.

<<Regular attendance here isn't compulsory - honest! Just stop by whenever you want to, we'll be here>>

I will. Cheers.

<< I am intrigued by your "yellow house", though. I can understand if you don't want to post possibly identifying pictures, but a description would be nice. wink.gif>>

Well, it's not actually yellow, although the shed at the back has a yellow door! I call it that because it's my escape from the world. It's down a lane, across a small bridge and near the shore, with forest and fields behind us. And only 3 other houses beyond us along the lane, so we hardly see our neighbours. It's heaven, either on a cold, wet, stormy winter day, or a cold, wet, stormy summer day :)

I'll dig out some photos and see if I can learn how to post them.....