Simon Black

Millennium Season 1 Widescreen Version available ?

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a widescreen version of season 1 like season 2 & 3 ?

Thank you happy.gif

Hi Simon,

Only season two and three were filmed in widescreen 16:9, sorry. The DVD aspect ratios for each season are listed below.

Season 1:

1.33:1 Aspect Ratio - Full Frame version 4:3

Season 2:

1.78:1 Aspect Ratio - Full Frame version 16:9

Season 3:

1.78:1 Aspect Ratio - Full Frame Version 16:9

Regards

Graham

• Like 1

Well, they were filmed in the same way as the X-Files, and The X-Files are now available in 16:9 on Netflix. It's just that FOX would have to bother making a new version. The actual footage is much larger than either 4:3 or 16:9 image we get...they film for both 16:9 and 4:3 (but obviously the focus was on 4:3 back when the first season was shot).

It would be very welcome to get the first season of Millennium in widescreen since The X-Files look more cinematic in widescreen.

Don't know how much work it would be to get the 16:9 since you gain more information on left/right side but lose a little on top/bottom...depending on the framing. Since there might be visible boom mikes when they open up the framing or have to redo special effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_35

Edited by ty7du

That's what I was wondering about with super 35 being used. It'd be interesting to see an alternative widescreen view, it's already so cinematic.

You can already see scenes from season one in 16:9 ratio, if you watch "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" from the second season. Frank sees images from some first season episodes while using the Onan-o-Graph. And yes, I would agree that season one already was filmed in widescreen, like the early X-Files seasons were. As far as I recall the pilot was also shown in certain movie theatres back then, so it seems logic that they used a widescreen version for that. FOX just isn't particulary interested in revisiting the show and remaster it in HD for a Blu-ray release or online streaming sadly. This year's 20th anniversary of the show would have been a great opportunity to do that, but no one seems to care at FOX. They even stopped producing the DVD box sets years ago.

• Like 1

There was a semi recent reprint in Australia which was cool at least. 

• Like 1

Almost forgot: In "The Curse of Frank Black" you can also see scenes from the pilot in 16:9 ratio, as Frank has flashbacks of Catherine and Jordan. 

• Like 1

• You may also like...

• By donatien
      I have a doubt about the Millenium Group. Is the devil behind? or are two separates entities?

Some observations.

In the curse of Frank Black Crocel ghost  sent by the devil suggest Frank Abandon Millenium Group. Well this proff the Millenium Group (or part of it) is separated from the Devil influence.

I believe, one of the  the Millenium Group Lodge is satanic and the devil is behind it. 

When Frank Black confronts Peter Watts in his own house. Peter says, "The group who videotaped jordan is not the group i know"

So, maybe, one of the lodges of the Millenium Group is involved with Satanic practices.

In the end, when Frankl Black achieve a sort of revelation:

FRANK: We survive, maybe.But only by discarding the questions that confuses us – what do I want – and asking what the world, what the universe wants and needs.

This is Frank Black accepting his fate and recognizing the Ourubourous. When he says, "what the universe wants and needs" is not saying "what god wants and need"

The universe is full of demons and evil forces too. So he is recognice them in order to survive with his little daughter.

Mi conclusion, about the group, is that Frank Black fails to recognices the Ouroboros, I mean, the bad side of the group and that is the reason, he has to run away with his daughter.

He asked to many questions, he saved too many people, he failed to understad good and evil combined to make a world a better place.

• By donatien
      I saw "The curse of Frank black today" and I notice in the begining Frank Black is holding human flesh with a knife in the other hand, then he lights the Pumpikin. I wonder if the big secret of Millenium is that Frank Black is a repented demon tryng to live a human life.  In the end, he saw in the windows the reflection of the devil while he is cleaning the window. and may times in diferent episodes, Frank see the face of evil directly, like a kind of reflection of himself.

In the episode "Time is now" when Sara means is sedated, Frank Black says something like "Heaven is a place where you can find peace, but I rather be dead than  return"

My theory is that Frank Black is a demon (capable of killing people), but the universe gave him a second chance in earth.

• By Frank Black Jr
      I always liked the name "The Frank Black files" to do a show specially because the name "Millennium", obviously wouldn't have any sense now. So I did a couple of pics just to see how it could look nowadays
    • By Frank Black Jr
      I always liked the name "The Frank Black files" to do a show specially because the name "Millennium", obviously wouldn't have any sense now. So I did a couple of pics just to see how it could look nowadays. Kristen, Klea and Lance.
    • By Frank Black Jr
      From time to time, I try to make photos to tweet to Fox. I think the best chance that the fans have for a movie is to make noise and say to Fox: We want our hero back.
      And for me the only way to have it is with Lance and Mr. Carter. If they are not involved, neither will I.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.