Facebook page created! "The Millennium Group"

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

Baz - I'm not sure anyone knows who set up that MM FB page, or whether it's monitored these days.

I do have a FB account, and I look at it every so often. I think I have only about four friends! I do enjoy Randee's FB postings - there's lots to like. (But if I "like" Randee's postings, does that show up on my "home" page and then show up on my other "friends" pages? I'm a complete FB newbie.)

But I can't get to grips with FB, nor with Twitter, because I need to read conversations the way they appear here. The newer ways of communicating don't work for in-depth and collaborative discussions.

I have occasionally used FB to send messages to a few members if there's a problem with TIWWA. But that's not the most efficient way. I used to have a list of email addresses of active members, and I really should update that. If ever the site goes down, that's the best way to communicate.

Sheesh, I remember when it was only Usenet and email, and only text. (And, oh yes, arguments discussions that went on for years months weeks days. <sigh> Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.)

FB is always changing and even those of us who spend a lot of time there get confused. The best part is keeping up with family and friends, and some special pages. There is not posting on the Millennium group page but at one time you had to be invited or approved to join. This keeps out the spammers and trolls [ rude people].

• 4 months later...