Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

Wow, this track was amazing.  It was so background music that I didn't even realize I was listening to it until it ended.  Going to listen to it again.  Wish I had this album.  Thanks Alex.  :52:

Wow, wow, wow, I must have had tunnel hearing and vision the first time listening to it, while multi-tasking.  Sure does have some intense parts.  Thanks again.

Edited by Earthnut
  • Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "El Lobo/Sling Blade" from "The Lone Gunmen"(2001).

This short-lived X-Files-spin-off focused more on humour. Mark's music also has a brighter touch to it, with sometimes even James-Bond-like spy music. The cliffhanger of the show was resolved in the ninth season of THE X-FILES, with the episode "Jump the shark".

Mark's music was released, limited to 2000 copies, by La-La-Land Records some years ago and is now sold out. The album also has music from the fourth Chris Carter show, HARSH REALM, on it.

Enjoy!

I absolutely love this album and proud to say that I am one of the owners.  Wasn't a fan of how the show ended, but it was probably the only way it could.

Harsh Realm was so disappointing that it was cancelled BEFORE the first season ended.  What a horrible blow that was because the show was good.

Again, thanks Alex for another awesome Mark Show track. :ouroborous:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: Mystery clip from an unknown tv movie.

This is something completely different. This music was ripped from a tv movie. That's why it still has some sound effects in it. But you can hear Mark's distinctive style nevertheless, with his beautiful piano themes and haunting choir.

Enjoy!

When I clicked on the Real Downloader icon it displayed The Lone Gunman/Harsh Realm image, multiple times in multiple place while played the track.  When I went to the Vimeo link, it only displayed the image above.  I wasn't signed into Vimeo, which I thought could be the difference, but after signing it nothing changed, I still just saw the image above.

Very relaxing and peaceful track.  Thanks Alex for posting this.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Our Love/Notions/Midnight Rendez-Vous" from "You ain't seen nothing yet (Vous n´avez encore rien vu, 2012).

This french movie marked the third collaboration between Mark and director Alain Resnais. The movie is much like a stage play, but nevertheless very magical and touching.

Whilst Mark's score for "Private Fears in Public Places", the first Snow-Resnais-Collaboration, was very much butchered in the final movie, it was way better in "Wild Grass" and "You ain't seen nothing yet". Snow's music is as magical and tragic, as the movie is and together they create some very touching moments.

Fans will recognize the violin sound from "MillenniuM" at once, although it was replaced in the movie with a real violin player, at least at the end of the movie. The score got a digital release and a very limited release as a 2-CD-Set (together with "Wild Grass") in France.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow File of the Week: "Suite from Pearl Harbor II: Pearlmageddon" (2001).

Did you ever wonder what Mark Snow would sound like in Hans Zimmer/Trevor Rabin mode? Well, here is the answer. The score for this short movie was really fun for Mark. The movie itself is, as you can tell, a parody of Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer action movies and needed a score, that sounded just like the ones in those movies. The cues, that Mark composed, are very short, since the movie only runs 11 minutes. But they are fun to listen to, so enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Midnight Arctic Walk/Walking To Shore" from the tv miniseries "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" (1997), starring Michael Caine as Captain Nemo.

For this score, Mark used a small orchestra and combined it with some of his electronic stuff. The music again shows, that Mark can write quite some tune, even big and epic. Some of it reminds me from time to time of John Barry and his sweeping melodies.

The score was released on CD by Prometheus Records and is sold out, but you can still find some used copies.

Enjoy!