Climate Records Shattered in 2013

Rate this topic

Earthnut

California and Mexico have just signed a pact to be strategic partners in coping with fighting climate changes.

Here's the article ~

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/california-and-mexico-sign-pact-to-fight-climate-change/

This is a very interesting news report video, posted in May, about the weather and asteroids ~

Something Is Going On - Strange Weather Around The World (May Part 1)

Strange here in NW Florida too. Ww had lows in the 60's Unheard of twice in July, but this year, it happened twice. Once mid month, and then last night and tonight. Last winter we had the ice storm, this summer was cooler than normal. It' s normalizing now, meaning HOT and HUMID!!!! Except for this dry spell. I"m thrilled at the break in the humidity and a cooler night or two now and then, but it makes me wonder if this winter wil be cooler than normal. It' san El Nino year which means summer was predicted to be cooler, and was...

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm getting confused about what month we're in. July felt like August - hot and humid. But now we're actually in August, it feels like September. Last night's temperature went down to 8C/46F, and there was almost a chill in the air when I got up this morning. The forecast for the next couple of weeks are for slightly cooler temperatures to continue.

And there's tropical storm Bertha, which is forecast to travel up the east coast of the USA, but staying off-shore, and then heading towards us for the start of next week, with high winds and lots of rain, which might feel more like an autumn gale.

Sheesh, it's bad enough that there are times when I have to check what day it is, let alone what month.

I do agree with Simon about over-production of beef. But I think that's part of the misunderstanding about fats and the part they play in taste. Marbled-fat meat tastes better than fat-free meat does, so a smaller amount is needed to feel satisfied.

And I think we need to move away from the precious middle-class cuisine that requires umpteen daily jumbo-jets-worth of out-of-season fruits and vegetables. Too many third-world countries are exporting their foodstuffs to satisfy first-world wants. Yes, they need our pounds/dollars, but there should be a better way of supporting them to economic security than taking their foodstuffs, a lot of which ends up discarded because it's "beyond its sell-by date".

Wasted foods, unnecessary use of oil, and polluted skies. Not good as a potential end-of-term report.

over-production of beef - this is just one of many problems that lead to climate changes.

do not misunderstand and i have nothing against vegetarian .... i'm not vegetarian, I like meat thumbsup.gif

the human being is no longer living with nature, he takes everything.

I totally agree with you.

• Elders (Moderators)

A couple of links about the stormy weather we've had here today, thanks to tropical storm Bertha. Fortunately not much damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28730305

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2721069/Bertha-s-blast-Remnants-hurricane-tore-Caribbean-brings-torrential-rain-gales-Britain.html

• 2 weeks later...

Thousands Of Intense Earthquakes Rock Iceland
Thousands of small intense earthquakes are rocking Iceland amid concerns that one of the country's volcanoes may be close to erupting. Iceland has raised its aviation alert level for the risk of a possible volcanic eruption to orange — the second-most severe level. Some 3,000 earthquakes have taken place since Saturday in Bardarbunga — a subglacial stratovolcano located under Iceland's largest glacier. Iceland's Meteorological Office said that no earthquakes above magnitude 3 have been recorded in the last 24 hours.