Favorite X-files Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

What are your favorite X-Files episodes: Standalone or Mythology?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Frank L.

The episode you're talking about is called "Trust No1" from the ninth season.

Scully is hopeful about reuniting with Mulder when a complete stranger offers new information about what drove him into hiding. Yet her trust in this stranger may place Mulder in even more danger.

The episode you're talking about is called "Trust No1" from the ninth season.

Scully is hopeful about reuniting with Mulder when a complete stranger offers new information about what drove him into hiding. Yet her trust in this stranger may place Mulder in even more danger.

Thanks my friend....even though i only got to watch a little of it, it looked like a darned good episode..thanks again...are there any others with Terry O'Quinn in them?

Guest Frank L.

There is one more... it's called "Aubrey" from the second season.

And... he's also in the X-Files movie. He plays a small part in the beginning of the movie.

Guest Frank L.
Wow! I'm surprised that "stand alones" is winning the poll.

Thats's why I started this poll, because the next movie is probably going to be a stand-alone story (if there's ever going to be one). But the fans do like these stories, so it could really work! Plus, those who haven't seen The X-Files before, could also enjoy the film, because it wouldn't require any knowledge of the show.

The only thing I worry out (besides the fact that maybe it'll never happen) is how they are going to pull it off, without making a prequel, because of the open ending of the series.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I vote for standalones as well. The Mythology was, as The Old Man said, far too convoluted and often asked questions that it didn't answer for years if ever. The loss of M+W was I think disastorous for the mythology. Episodes like 'E.B.E', parts of 'Little Green Men' and the excellent 'One Breath' show that M+W delivered mythlogy episodes with heart. The later mythology episodes had no warmth or character; they merely had the agents trundling around to see yet another example of horrific government sanctioned torture in the name of alien colonisation.

• 1 year later...
  • Elders (Admins)
I too think the standalones were better, the mythology was convoluted and difficult to follow at times.

Now this is interesting, my thoughts just now were "Did I write that?". I have been re-watching the X-files as some might know, and have been really savouring the mythology episodes this time around, and found myself really looking forward to the next one. That said, you did need a degree to follow some of it! I have Wikipedia to be a helpful guide when its come to understanding the conspiracy thread.