Favorite X-files Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

What are your favorite X-Files episodes: Standalone or Mythology?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yeah, 'How The Ghosts Stole Christmas' isn't exactly a favorite of mine. It's not awful or anything, just kinda dull. I love the teaser, though; best moment of the episode in my opinion. I didn't really mind 'The Rain King' all that much. It is light and frothy and probably not something I'd show to non-fans right away, but I like the music score and quirky characters.

I think one of the problems with Season Six were the amount of comedic episodes. There were (I think) six of them that year, which is a bit much for a horror drama. But better to have a few good comedy episodes than several poor dramatic ones...

One thing I will give to Rain King is that Victoria Jackson was a nice choice for the episode. I really love her. She is extremely cute and has one of my favorite voices, kind of the same as "Lucy Moran" from Twin Peaks. I forget her name, Kimmie Robertson or something like that. I wouldn't say it was horrible, just that it isn't something I would stop for if I was channel surfing, unless maybe I wanted a Victoria Jackson fix.

I agree, that S6 might have gone a little overboard with the light episodes, and possibly a couple less would have been better, but the problem is, which ones do you get rid of? I would probably dump "Ghost of Christmas" and "The Unnatural", but many here love one or both of those episodes, and would probably dump "Dreamland", which I really enjoyed.

PS, here is a yummy picture of Victoria Jackson. Enjoy :tasty:

Guest betweenthelines
but the problem is, which ones do you get rid of? I would probably dump "Ghost of Christmas" and "The Unnatural", but many here love one or both of those episodes, and would probably dump "Dreamland", which I really enjoyed.

Hmm, not sure about that. I guess I could live without 'How The Ghosts Stole Christmas' and 'Three of a Kind'. 'Dreamland' and 'Monday' are some of my favorites from the sixth season, and 'The Unnatural' has some great Mulder/Scully moments.

Come to think of it, Season 7 also had a lot of light episodes. If I had to choose, I'd definitely get rid of 'The Amazing Maleeni'. Not a bad episode so much as it's unmemorable.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hmm, not sure about that. I guess I could live without 'How The Ghosts Stole Christmas' and 'Three of a Kind'. 'Dreamland' and 'Monday' are some of my favorites from the sixth season, and 'The Unnatural' has some great Mulder/Scully moments.

Come to think of it, Season 7 also had a lot of light episodes. If I had to choose, I'd definitely get rid of 'The Amazing Maleeni'. Not a bad episode so much as it's unmemorable.

LOL, see here we go again, I really enjoyed the Amazing Maleeni. I also enjoyed Dreamland very much and Monday was awesome. Oh, and yes, I could easily live without "Three of a Kind". I guess we should just be thankful for the episodes we enjoyed and view the rest as something someone else enjoyed.

LOL, see here we go again, I really enjoyed the Amazing Maleeni. I also enjoyed Dreamland very much and Monday was awesome. Oh, and yes, I could easily live without "Three of a Kind". I guess we should just be thankful for the episodes we enjoyed and view the rest as something someone else enjoyed.
DIDNT ANYONE LIKE "ALL SOULS"??? COME ON NOW, YOU HAVE THE DEVIL, A SERAPHIM WHOSE HEAD ROTATES, YOU GET A CRASH COURSE ON JUST WHAT THE NEPHILIM ARE..AND YOU HAVE ARGUABLY THE FINEST PERFORMANCE BY SCULLY OF ANY SEASON...I SENSE A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE MIGHTY 4TH HORSEMAN HERE!!!!!!..

4th Horseman..

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
DIDNT ANYONE LIKE "ALL SOULS"??? COME ON NOW, YOU HAVE THE DEVIL, A SERAPHIM WHOSE HEAD ROTATES, YOU GET A CRASH COURSE ON JUST WHAT THE NEPHILIM ARE..AND YOU HAVE ARGUABLY THE FINEST PERFORMANCE BY SCULLY OF ANY SEASON...I SENSE A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE MIGHTY 4TH HORSEMAN HERE!!!!!!..

4th Horseman..

I haven't commented much about "All Souls" because I don't have a real good memory of it. For some reason, when I read summaries of it, it doesn't stand out in my mind, and I always think "wait a minute, is that the one where......" Now that you mention the rotating head, I have a better idea which episode it was, although I haven't seen it in ages. I thought it was pretty good, but it didn't really stand out as one of my very favorite episodes. I can see, however, why someone would like it. When you mentioned it before, my first thought is that it was a very unique selection as a favorite episode. I'm not saying it isn't worthy, but it isn't an episode I have ever heard anyone mention as their favorite, and I don't often hear discussions about it. Again, I'm not implying that it wasn't good. With most episodes, I have a clear association with what happened and get a picture in my mind. With this episode, I couldn't really put my finger on it until you mentioned the rotating head thing. It's still a little foggy.

I haven't commented much about "All Souls" because I don't have a real good memory of it. For some reason, when I read summaries of it, it doesn't stand out in my mind, and I always think "wait a minute, is that the one where......" Now that you mention the rotating head, I have a better idea which episode it was, although I haven't seen it in ages. I thought it was pretty good, but it didn't really stand out as one of my very favorite episodes. I can see, however, why someone would like it. When you mentioned it before, my first thought is that it was a very unique selection as a favorite episode. I'm not saying it isn't worthy, but it isn't an episode I have ever heard anyone mention as their favorite, and I don't often hear discussions about it. Again, I'm not implying that it wasn't good. With most episodes, I have a clear association with what happened and get a picture in my mind. With this episode, I couldn't really put my finger on it until you mentioned the rotating head thing. It's still a little foggy.

All Souls is one of my major fav. X-Files epsiodes.

Speaking of All Souls has anyone notice that the character Aaron Starkey played by Glen Morshower also played the character Richard Gilbert in the MillenniuM episode The Time Is Now and The Fourthhorseman

Guest SouthernCelt
All Souls is one of my major fav. X-Files epsiodes.

Speaking of All Souls has anyone notice that the character Aaron Starkey played by Glen Morshower also played the character Richard Gilbert in the MillenniuM episode The Time Is Now and The Fourthhorseman

I noticed that the same actor played the roles. In fact, after his sinister evil character in XF I was wondering if he was going to be a bad guy in disguise trying to lead Frank into a commitment that the Group could hold against him overtly.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I noticed that the same actor played the roles. In fact, after his sinister evil character in XF I was wondering if he was going to be a bad guy in disguise trying to lead Frank into a commitment that the Group could hold against him overtly.

I really liked his character in Millennium, but I'll be danged if I can remember him in "All Souls". I really need to see the episode again to comment on it further, but, based on my lack of memory, it is safe to say that it didn't stand out as a favorite. However, it doesn't stand out in my mind as a poor episode either. It's just somewhere there in the middle.

I really liked his character in Millennium, but I'll be danged if I can remember him in "All Souls". I really need to see the episode again to comment on it further, but, based on my lack of memory, it is safe to say that it didn't stand out as a favorite. However, it doesn't stand out in my mind as a poor episode either. It's just somewhere there in the middle.
MIB, MIB,MIB...i am shamed, downtrodden and half broken that you would not remember Glenn Morshower as playing Satan in "All Souls"....."Bring her to me Scully" in that dark evil voice, standing in the doorway of the church because he dare not step inside a place of worship....his deepened voice talking to Father Gregory is awesome....he is also the one who drives around with the inverted cross in his car.....yes he also played Richard Gilbert in "The time is Now" and "The Fourth Horseman".....

I mean come on guys, you got it all, angels, devils, eyes burned out, a narrative on the Nephilim...jeeszhh, what more do you want..LOL

4th Horseman..

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB, MIB,MIB...i am shamed, downtrodden and half broken that you would not remember Glenn Morshower as playing Satan in "All Souls"....."Bring her to me Scully" in that dark evil voice, standing in the doorway of the church because he dare not step inside a place of worship....his deepened voice talking to Father Gregory is awesome....he is also the one who drives around with the inverted cross in his car.....yes he also played Richard Gilbert in "The time is Now" and "The Fourth Horseman".....

I mean come on guys, you got it all, angels, devils, eyes burned out, a narrative on the Nephilim...jeeszhh, what more do you want..LOL

4th Horseman..

I sure wish you could rent X-files on DVD. Ocassionally, I run across an episode like this that barely rings a bell and is very hazy in my memory. I know I would remember it if I saw it, and every time you give me details, it seems a little more familear. From my memory, I have no problem giving it a 7 or 8 out of 10. :yes: