If Firefly(serenity) Can Do It

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

If you want to write to Chris Carter, I found this adress. I don't know if it's real or anything, but maybe it's worth a try.

Chris Carter

Executive Producer of "The X-Files"

c/o 20th Century Fox

PO Box 900

Beverly Hills

CA 90213 USA

If you want to write to Chris Carter, I found this adress. I don't know if it's real or anything, but maybe it's worth a try.

Thanks Frank!

I'll get my copy printed out and send it off to him tomorrow. I'll also try and finalize the photoshop file so that others can use it and upload it for those who wish to send a copy in. Does anybody have any final comments about the artwork? Any edits, corrections or changes that need to be made?

Best wishes,

Stephen / Maxx :clapping:

"They believe we can't just sit back and hope for a happy ending."

If we want to make a concerted effort to try and get out message across ... the time is now.

OK. As nobody has suggested any changes I have finalized the artwork. Attached find the blank template. There's a white circle on the polaroid shot for where your photo will go. There's also space under "This is Who We Are" for your email address to be added.

To do this in phototoshop open this template file. The enlcosed artwork will become the background layer.

Open a photo of you and then using the circular marquis tool centre your face in the circle you will make. Do a copy, go back to the template file and do a paste. The circular photo of you will be pasted into a new layer.

From the Edit menu select Transform, then Scale. If you press SHIFT so that the aspect ratio of the circle remains constant,push one of the corner handles towards the centre of the image to make it smaller. The objective is to make the image the same size as the circle.

Next from the Edit menu select Transform then Rotate and rotate the image so it's parallel with the bottom of the photo.

Next you'll want to add your email address. To do this select the text tool from the toolbox and click anywhere to begin typing. Type in your name and email address. When this is done you will need to rotate the text so it's parallel to the bottom of the polaroid.

To do this first change to the arrow tool. This will signal that you're finished typing. Go to Edit: Transform: Rotate. You may get a message about the text needing to be rasterized. This will turn the text into a graphic and that's OK if it does - it will just be uneditable. So rotate the text to match the polaroid, and then position it in place usin g the arrow tool.

At this point you may want to either merge layers to make it all one piece and save it or just save it if you intend to make other from the same file. If you decide to save it just change the name of the file so it doesn't overwrite the original.

Next you'll want to print it out and then to send a copy by mail to Chris Carter.

May our efforts be successful and smiled upon by those who care.

This is who we are...

post-1248-1128610818_thumb.jpg

All good ideas -- and very creative -- but again, if you mark it 'FAO Chris Carter' (especially if you send it on 10/13, his birthday) it will go straight to CC (who is not the one who needs convincing) as fan mail and none of the vital 20th Century Fox beancounters will see it.

Any campaigns need to be directed at the movie division of 20th Century Fox.

ZF,,you arent alone in our observation in that popularity isn't the sole driving factor considered. Every well worn cliche could be put to good use here, "Its not who you know, but who you ##@#", "Money talks and B.S. walks", and so forth, and so forth. What has come to annoy me and should all those who share similar thoughts as ZF and I is being called "Lucy Butlerish", as if our attempt is to undermine any grass roots effort on the part of the members here at TIWWA to influence decisions made by the network executives who truely wield the power over a resurrection of MillenniuM.

FYI to the few who feel that those of us who share a common sense of reality can be corraled under the monkier of "Doubting Thomas", be assured, our ferver is just as strong as yours. Our greatest hope, and we share this one and all, is that the ascendecy of our collective voices will echo throughtout the corridors of power, that our most strident desire will be made manifest to those who hold the keys of life and death over this issue..

We are all on the same page here...

The Fourth Horseman

What has come to annoy me and should all those who share similar thoughts as ZF and I is being called "Lucy Butlerish", as if our attempt is to undermine any grass roots effort on the part of the members here at TIWWA to influence decisions made by the network executives who truely wield the power over a resurrection of MillenniuM.

FYI to the few who feel that those of us who share a common sense of reality can be corraled under the monkier of "Doubting Thomas", be assured, our ferver is just as strong as yours. Our greatest hope, and we share this one and all, is that the ascendecy of our collective voices will echo throughtout the corridors of power, that our most strident desire will be made manifest to those who hold the keys of life and death over this issue..

We are all on the same page here...

The Fourth Horseman

I have no doubt that you want to see a movie just as badly as we do and I hope you're right that perhaps our combined voices will work to resurrect Millennium. I don't believe we are owls and roosters, those who say it could work vs those who don't, yet sharing a common desire in this matter. Perhaps we are the disillusioned and the not yet disillusioned but we're certainly not owls and roosters.

My apologies if in any way I have labelled you Fourth and Zeus as Lucy Butlerish or as Doubting Thomases for this was not my intent. If you check what I wrote...

You are nothing! Nothing lies ahead for you. You lie awake in the middle of the night, or you look around at others, and you feel inside, in your heart, that maybe, no, definitely that you are different? that you are special? that you can make a difference? You are nothing. The sooner you realize that mediocrity is all you are, the sooner your love will be blue.

— Lucy Butler, Room Without A View

<snip>

Whatever we do, we must not give in to the Lucy Butler that lies within us and attempts to dissuade us from trying a little harder, reaching a little farther.

Maxx

... you'll see I used the all encompassing "we" and "us". It would be the easiest thing to roll over and say it'll never happen and that I should just give up on the idea and do nothing. Heck, think of all the time I could have saved and put to other uses instead of this one. But I chose not to follow that avenue. I have chosen to follow the unlikely path, to try, because I believe it's the squeaky wheel that gets greased.

Lucy Butler lies within all of us. She is symbolic, especially in that episode - Room Without A View, - of the drive within ourselves to maintain the status quo when by making different choices we could possibly make a difference. She is that impulse made manifest in the world of Frank Black.

The success of the effort to resurrect Millennium however relies on two things - neither of which we control.

It requires the participation of as many people as can be mustered to participate otherwise our loud voice will be but a small peep. The choice to participate (or not) is one that we each must make individually.

It also hinges on the idea that with sufficient evidence Chris can take it to the Fox executives who make those decisions and show it to them and say, the fans have spoken. And if they say, "What fans?" he can bring forth the mail and say, "This is who they are and they have said the time is now," and that they will listen or entertain the idea.

If we make this attempt and it succeeds then I will be elated and will know I did some good for our cause and with that will come a lot of personal satisfaction. If this attempt is made and no fruit comes of it then I will be somewhat disappointed but will feel I made a contribution. And when the next idealist comes along with another idea to try I'll be there to follow that someone else's lead and assist.

Now maybe we don't stand a chance. The group that has been campaigning for Star Trek: Excelsior - The adventures of Captain Hikaru Sulu has not achived their ends and they may never either.We may be in the same starship so to speak.

But it's like Frank said. Paraphrasing: "We cannot sit back and wait for a happy ending."

Again, my apologies.

Maxx

• Elders (Admins)
What has come to annoy me and should all those who share similar thoughts as ZF and I is being called "Lucy Butlerish", as if our attempt is to undermine any grass roots effort on the part of the members here at TIWWA to influence decisions made by the network executives who truely wield the power over a resurrection of MillenniuM.

I'm not sure to who or what you are refering to when you made this remark. Can you please explain?

I have read Max's post and understand that he is saying that fans should not give up on attempts to provide Chris Carter with support over a Millennium movie and that he made a reference to Lucy Butler's quote from A Room with No View who suggested that Frank give up. I do not see any personal attacks here or any reason for you to be annoyed.

Guest A Stranger

My feeling about a MLM movie, which I think I stated in a perevious discussion, is that it would not involve the previous MLM Group mythology, in fact it's the only way I could see it working. Carter is not Joss Whedon, someone I'm not too familar with but his shows seem much more loyal to a sci-fi fanbase, something Carter is not. The X-Files movie was not made for those who followed the show, it has been made clear that Carter wants to tell stand alone stories that work on their own for the general audience. X-Files movie worked for the fans but more importantly, it worked as a big action-adventure love story for the general viewer. That is why it succeded commerically. MLM, as a movie, needs to find it's way as a stand alone story. The numbers just aren't there to warrent a major motion picture base on a show that was cancelled, it they were, it wouldn't have been cancelled.

I has to work on it's own. It would work as a pychological thriller alone, without any knowledge of the series to even be worth filming in the eyes of Fox. Carter showed little to no interest in Group mythology in series' run, in fact his season three episdoes didn't even mention them or contain Peter, it's unlikley he cares enough to write them into a possible MLM film. Many fans of the series loved what Morgan and Wong brought to the show, the mytholgoy namely. Carter did not. It's not what he was interested in for MLM. It really depend on what you think the title "MLM" represents. It's like how some fans can't understand why Carter would make the X-Files sequel a story without aliens. X-Files is about Mulder and Scully and a certian type of story. Same for MLM. It's about Frank Black and a certian type of story. A MLM film needs to find that story before it can be told. That's why I don't get too exiced about petioning for a movie that we don't eve know has been writtten. Has Carter even started a story? A new vision of MLM? I don't know. If Carter can write a good enough script, he can sell it. It doesn't even have be titled "MLM," in fact it's a little dated, or has lost it's urgency.