If Firefly(serenity) Can Do It

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

We don't really have a policy on it because the privacy relates to data that we hold on members, for instance I couldn't and wouldn't publish his or anyone elses email address from our Board's database or physical address if I had it. I wouldn't like someone to post my address on the Board, it could get picked up and distributed by search engines and all sorts of privacy and data protection issues arise.

I would suggest PM'ing it to another member if you think that he wouldn't mind having his address shared, its your call I'm afraid but certainly no objection to it from my part. PM's are encrypted and safer than emails too.

I'm equally concerned about ethsnafu's welfare myself, he was very active and seems to have dissapeared. This is the problem with internet communciation, if something was to happen to me such as being in a coma for 6 months who would know? I don't think my partner would know how or where to post a message but she might have the thought to email someone out of my address book. Difficult isn't it? I hope he's safe and well where ever he is. I too have emaile dhim a few times with no reply, but as you said his emails never bounce back.

I've wondered about him, too. It's been a looooong time since I've heard from him.

I hope he's ok.

Ok, have you ever had one of those days where even the best of your intents went horribly awry? Today is a classic example of what happens when you have had no sleep in the past 36 hours...what the hell was i thinking? i have removed the email link from my previous post, and after going back and re-reading my post about posting his actual physical address, it is clear that i was not in my right mind...sorry about that Old Man..if anyone would like ethsnafu's email address, please PM me...

now if you'll excuse me, King Morpheus calls..

The Fourth Horseman

Yeah, get some sleep man. Nobody should be up after 36 hours straight! You need to look after yourself.
Joe M..we have one just down the street, your request is my command, consider it a done deal. No recompense necessary..

Old Man...as you can sympathize, working graveyard can do strange things with your sleep patterns..LOL..

• Elders (Moderators)

Going back to the original topic, there's an interesting article in the LA Times about the making of Serenity:

https://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcas...y?track=tothtml

It looks like Joss Whedon might have an effect on the beancounters in Hollywood by proving that a movie can be filmed in L.A. without incurring exorbitant costs. I know that 10-13 shows have always been expensive to film because they've been dealing with a TV budget rather than a movie budget, but given that they've been able produce such filmic quality, I wonder if the beancounters might now look more favourably on TV production companies that have already proven that they can achieve good production values on a tight budget. Of course, there's the hurdle of The X-Files movie to be overcome first.

I haven't seen Serenity yet, but my son has (having gone through a Firefly marathon first!) and he rates it highly - and he tends to be pretty sparing with his praise.

• 4 weeks later...

What you want to confirm they will deny. What you want to find they will hide.

- Elder, The Hand of St. Sebastien

If you want to write to Chris Carter, I found this adress. I don't know if it's real or anything, but maybe it's worth a try.

Chris Carter

Executive Producer of "The X-Files"

c/o 20th Century Fox

PO Box 900

Beverly Hills

CA 90213 USA

Hi Frank! Thanks again for the address. I tied to confirm the address online and did find it so I sent off my promo piece. Unfortunately I got back my envelope for Chris Carter with a big old Twentieth Century Fox RETURN TO SENDER label marked to indicate Addressee No Longer Here on it. While it didn't achieve what I hoped it's kind of exciting to get something back from their offices.

Fouth Horseman - in the other string you wrote ...

its with this in mind that i extend to you and to those here at TIWWA a sincere and humble apology over what i percieved was a slight against those who felt any expectations should be liberally sprinkled with a sense of reality. Your efforts are to be commended, and to tell you the truth, i have already pasted a big fat ugly picture of my noggin in the oroboros and plan to get it out asap.

Did you ever get yours sent out and if so, to what address and did it come back to you?

I would be interested to hear about it. I intend to try, try again and so am looking for an address that will work. I'm also looking for an address for 1013 Productions to attempt it again.

Best wishes,

Maxx