First Annual Greatest Manifestation Of Legion Contest

Rate this topic

Firsta Annual Greatest Manifestation of Legion Contest  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who will be Crowned? Who will take the Thrones of the Principalities of Darkness? Who will have the Dominions? You have the Powers! You decide!

Please vote, then explain your choise, and the reasons for it.

:ouro: Selfo

Ps. Sorry, guys. I forgot the Evil Clown in Dead Letters! Oh, well. He will have to be in the contest for next year! Ooops!

• Elders (Moderators)

I've chosen Danielle Barbakow from 204 Monsters. Here we appear to have everything perfect:

LARA: I took the county census. 125 years on both sides of Danielle Barbakow's family. We got war heroes, ministers, captains of industry. No indications of mental illness or violent tendencies. They're well off, always have been.

Danielle is a beautiful, intelligent, articulate little girl from the best of backgrounds. Yet underneath this picture-perfect scenario is a mind that is devious, manipulative and violent. It's not so much what she did, but that she has the kind of mind that even at that young age knows exactly what to say. Her threats to the Sheriff's son, her attempts to throw the blame elsewhere (at Penny Plotts, then at Frank), then to break her own jaw thus mimicking the alleged injury to Jordan.

In a lot of cases, evil arises out of the brutality of people's lives. Here we have a child who has every advantage in life yet has reached a frightening degree of evil by the time she is five years old. And from her mother's remarks, she was probably born that way.

I think she's a chilling manifestation of Legion. Unlike the adult versions where we can imagine events turning them into evil, here we have a child at the beginning of her life and showing the same evil intent. Another Lucy Butler.

Ya gotta love her. Lucy. The incredibly cool and soft spoken mistress of evil. Always ready to party and bring her own canape's. Handy with a knife or a bed time story. :death:

Guest SouthernCelt

Have to go with Lucy, the epitome of Evil incarnate! If she weren't on the list, I'd go with either Danielle or Lucas -- evil in the form of an innocent child is horrifying.

• Elders (Moderators)

I voted for Lucy because of her excellent skills as an innocent-looking liar and manipulator. Since I'm a female person myself, I think that in addition to all evil in general, for me she also represents a threat towards a family or a relationship, a trespasser, a competitor, a delightful scent of a poisonous perfume. She's very attractive in an arrogant, self-serving way, and that's scary!

Love,

dbsd :witch:

• Elders (Admins)

Yes its got to be Lucy for me too! I think Richard Alan Hance should be included next year too. He may not have been associated with Legion but he was powerfully evil in doing their work! Great poll Psycho!

Thanks! Glad you like it! I have been wanting to do this poll for a long time. One of my fav aspects of the show...

Not surprisingly, Ms. Butler wins over the hearts of darkness. Between Ms. Redmond's acting and the work of the 1013 writers and production team, they really created one of the most unique, frightening, disturbing, yet alluring depictions of Evil Incarnate that I have ever seen, and have yet to see.

For that matter, most of the manifestations of evil in MLM are unique and subtle in a way that I have yet to see replicated in any film, television show, or book. The various casts and crews of MLM often accomplished fantastically contemporary, updated, and unique plays on the old Evil tempting, tormenting, and attempting to claim souls or allies for it's cause. I really doubt I will ever see anything that ever replicates or duplicates what was accomplished in this regard by MLM.

My vote seems to always go to The Judge as my favorite Manifestation of Legion. Marshell Bell does an amazing job with the role, and it was perfect type casting on the part of the prod team. His voice was perfect for his lines. I love the determined, confident, yet matter of fact way that he delivers his lines, judgements, opinions, and verdicts! There is just soming so compelling and believeable about him. I absolutely love the scene in the bar when he is recruiting his new "enforcer." First of all his opening line, "Rain within, rain without... glass of water" when asked what he wanted by the bartender. Then the way he sums of Bardale's life and offers him a job. Great stuff.

I also particularly enjoy his conversation and attempt to recruit Frank - during the tail end of a police interview/interrogation! Love the confidence of the character, and that strange sense of authority with which he speaks. Love when he says, "You don't have to make up your mind today, the offer remains open. And if you find I'm hard to reach... well, don't make the conventional assumptions..." Brilliant!

And, I agree. The child-manifestions of evil are quite disturbing and remarkable. I have never forgotten that conversation that Lara and Frank had the first time they met (through a secretly arranged test by the MLM Group that neither of them new about) regarding Danielle:

LARA: Has our culture bred this possibility? Is it violence on TV. Is

she Damien. Is this girl some evolutionary mutation? And are there more

of these kids, these people, coming?

FRANK: Here's my thing, Lara. Recently I've seen, I've experienced

evil. It feels like a force, like gravity, like the wind. It has blown

across Cambodia, been a cyclone in Nazi Germany, it gusts throughout

Los Angeles. Danielle Barbakow is a pre-storm, a breeze, of an

approaching hurricane.

Glad to see the turn out for this poll and discussion. Although, I don't think any of the other manifestations of evil have a chance up next to Lucy. Next time, perhaps I will leave her out of the poll, and see what happen.

Yes its got to be Lucy for me too! I think Richard Alan Hance should be included next year too. He may not have been associated with Legion but he was powerfully evil in doing their work! Great poll Psycho!
Wow..is the poll over all ready? I didn't get a chance to vote in time :cry::angry::doh: . My two cents as follows..

Initially, when i read this thread, the first person who came to mind was The Judge..obviously not a popular choice, but as Self quite eloquently states, it was his demeanor and cold-hearted matter of factness that was chilling. Announcing who he represented, offering Frank a choice, even throwing in the reference to Jordan....also, when Bletch and Frank went to his house initially to question him, the way he looked at Frank over Bletch's shoulder, smiling, as if between old adversaries, as if the confrontation was finally to come between good and evil...Frank standing in the shadows, just the outline of his body visible, yet The Judge KNEW...because this was the first representation of legion/evil, etc, it tends to leave more of an indelible mark on ones memory...

The Fourth Horseman..

I had to go with Lucy, too. The most terrifying devil is the one who's so real they could be your next door neighbor! And, especially in "A Room With No View", she showed how the world could all go horribly wrong, when society gets it's stranglehold around the necks of us as children/young adults.

My 2nd choice would have been Yaponchik.