Personal Millenniumistic Experiences

Rate this topic

Bardo Thodol

Guest fledgling666
Shadow Creatures or Shadow People are exactly as they sound. Creatures that appear to be living 3-dimensional shadows. Usually visible in one's peripheral vision (ie: The corner of your eye). Some people have claimed to have seen them outside and in the day as well as inside and at night. Humanoid as well as animal forms are reported. Some people claim to have been attacked or even spoken to by these creatures. As for what they are... Generally they are thought to be A. Ghosts of some kind, B. Thoughtforms, C. Creatures made of negative energy, D. Demons, E. An unknown type of life form, or F. An aspect fo some other dimension or 'space" becoming intuned with our own. It's one of the more interesting topics pertaining to the unknown.

i had my own theory on it. my first thought, and prolly the most realistic, is that they were just my brain playing with me- i also get weird "lightning" when i close my eyes to go to sleep after a hard day. my theory is that maybe, possibly, if it's something that can happen, past creatures "burned" their shape, almost like a photograph or extremely short video clip, into the electomagnetic fields around the Earth. occasionally, when the mind's guard is let down, as when one is very tired, one can see these impressions of usually invisible light or lack of light wavelength. don't know, normally i'm a very realistic type of person, but occassionally, i have some crazy theories.

Guest Seraphim
i had my own theory on it. my first thought, and prolly the most realistic, is that they were just my brain playing with me- i also get weird "lightning" when i close my eyes to go to sleep after a hard day. my theory is that maybe, possibly, if it's something that can happen, past creatures "burned" their shape, almost like a photograph or extremely short video clip, into the electomagnetic fields around the Earth. occasionally, when the mind's guard is let down, as when one is very tired, one can see these impressions of usually invisible light or lack of light wavelength.  don't know, normally i'm a very realistic type of person, but occassionally, i have some crazy theories.

If sight of such things is only seen in your peripheral vision, you may be simply "seeing things". It is quite possible that your are simply seeing "shades" of previously viewed images. If you start seeing them more clearly and straight on (As some people have claime dto), you may have to reconsider that theory. =P

Guest fledgling666

9. anyone remember a toy from the mid 80's called "Boglins." it was a foam rubber hand puppet with plastic parts inside to control the eye movement and whatnot. they were blobular bodies with arms and a tail, but no legs. ok, onto the story- from the age of 3 and 1/2 to age 6 i had a recurring nightmare about a goblin-type creature swinging the top half of his body down from a trap door above my bed. the house was very old, late 1800's and there was, in reality, no trap door or attic access above my bed, or anywhere near my room, for that matter. the goblin creature would try to "get me" every night or a couple times a week. i would sometimes crawl out of my bed in the dreams and sometimes just curl up and try to lay as flat as possible so he couldn't get me. this took place from 1977 to 1980, when we moved. i never woke up from the dreams and never made much noise. i didn't remember having the dreams until years later, even after the toys had been out for a while. still don't know what to make of it.

10. a couple days after x-mas 1999, i was searching the web for 4 wheeling info. my girlfriend, at the time, asked me to look up the Texas Lotto "Pick 3" numbers for x-mas eve or x-mas day (don't remember which). they were 6, 6 and 6. if anyone needs to check it, i'm sure they have records of it with the Texas Lottery Commission.

11. my job routinely requires i read letters from subscribers and providers of service. one such letter was from a doctor. he was both a provider (retired) and a subscriber, now. he complained of being very depressed for a number of reasons. one of which was seeing demons (there's your demons). another was his wife divorcing him because he was slowly loosing his capabilities, his balance, his motor control, his mental awareness, his health, his level of intelligence was dropping sharply, etc. the bad part was, he could feel it all slipping away. he wrote that he had aquired Brain Injury by way of either drugs he was taking or various other treatments he received. his major purpose for writing was to convince my company to allow him the use of a breathing machine other than the one he used at the time and to complain about how his hammer toes were part of his disintegration (he traced around his feet on a piece of paper and sent it with the letter). he was clearly going insane, clearly.....

12. my mother runs a daycare for 1-3 yr olds in her house. one of the parents of one of the children is a doctor at the UT Health Science Center, where, shortly after 9-11, 2 other health practitioners were arrested and charged with aiding Al-Quaeda and, possibly, Hamas.

13. i bought a house recently. during the buying process, we found out that it belonged to a woman who died a year before. her son was cleaning out the will and the house had to go. a little more research found that the owner of the house was a woman my wife used to work with as a teacher's assistant in an elementary school. she looked up to her a great deal at the time, but lost touch with her.

14. forgot a good one that goes with #12. just out of high school, i worked 3 jobs and went to community college. my assistant store manager at the time told me about his brother. his brother wanted to visit the rest of his family in the US, but was unable to because he was banned from ever entering the borders. why was he banned? well, let's see, he says he's a gun collector. a gun collector does not collect MAC10's. here's the story: he tried to bring a large amount of guns from Afghanistan to Texas in the early-mid 90's. the assistant manager laughed. he said his brother was stupid, "you can't bring those on the plane" (after the fact, of course). but he never acknowledged the possibility that his brother had been to Al Quaeda training camp or the CIA Mujahedin camp, either that, or he DID know and wasn't telling.

Edited by fledgling666

• 6 months later...

around the age of four I saw a "demon" I wrote it off as a child's imagaination until I learned later in life that some people actually do see things like this....

It was the summer before I entered kindergarten. Being the youngest of six in a poor family, I didn't always sleep in the same place everynight. On this night I was put down for the night on the couch in the living room. My parents and my mom's brother and his wife were playing cards in an ajoining room. Squatting on the stairs with hands around two banisters was an evil looking "man" smiling at me. Of course I screamed and "he" jumped down and squeezed under the couch. The adults came in, turned on the lights and told me I was just seeing things; but I could still see "him" laughing at me and them from under the couch. I recall pointing at "him" and my uncle assuring me that nothing was there. They sat in the room because of my "night terror" until I fell asleep.

That night I dreamed that a young girl came from the sky and told me I could escape if I wanted to .. all I had to do was hold her hand and jump and she would fly me up into the sky. I remember looking for her in the yard the next few days. I also remember practicing jumping as high as I could in attempts to escape to the sky.

A few weeks later my older cousin, apparently heard about my vision from his mom and dad, teased me that I had seen the devil and that I had better straighten up or he would get me. I was horrified for weeks. Before summer's end, a relative died and my family inherited a small sum. My parents used some of the money to buy a nicer home in another town.

I remember sitting on one of my brother's lap in the rented moving truck and looking back at the house one last time. There was a young girl out in front, and she was jumping up and down on the sidewalk. I began crying and told my dad we had to go back so I could jump with her. I don't recall what he and my brothers said, but they pretty much blew me off, and eventually I must have settled down or become distracted by moving into a new house.

As I grew older I accepted the idea that I had just had a night mare and an overactive imagination, But in the past few years I have learned about a lot of very wicked things that were going on in my family while we lived in that house; I have begun to believe that maybe I really did catch a glimpse of the devil, and an angel of a girl tried to rescue me.

according to my mom and brother, they witness someone pop out of nowhere and grabbed me while i was standing in the middle of the street in front of our house. He soon walked away and vanished........they believe it was an Angel. I dont remember it, i think i was 5 or 6.

My response to the shadow people theory is, i think those that have sleep apnea or sleeping disorders see such things. I had apnea, and i did see strange people. Hallucinations because of sleep depravation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Burnout

it would seem people here are open to other sources in this world.

I will share one of mine with you all.

Like Joe M, I had an unexplained experience with an unseen force / entity. When I was younger I use to be a real bad bully to all sorts of kids around me. One day during youth camp, I had this kid in a head lock. Suddenly my arms went flying back, and people looked at me strangely. I saw a person who was smaller than I was holding me in a head lock, but I could not see their eyes--they were blacken out. My friends at the table only saw me dangling my arms in the air. I could see the person running out of the room no one fit the description at the camp, so it is an unexplained event for me. After that I never intenatlaly bullied people.

• 1 month later...

i remember catching the series pilot, i was in college and working 2 jobs at the time so i recorded it, got home about 1am and prepared to eat my nightly dose of taco bell take out, i got about 2 bites into my steak taco and never finished it, sat there completely glued to the tv, got very pissed when commercial breaks interrupted my haze, anyway, kept thinking about that pilot for a long time, caught every episode religiously until the show ended, never missed a single episode, what a great show, never seen a show that intense on television..anyway theres my 2 cents