Post your pic

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest LauraKrycek

Just found this article and thought it might be of interest.

Question: Will there be any more James Bond movies and, if so, is Pierce Brosnan going to continue in the role? If not, who's in the running to be the new Bond? — Sylvia

FlickChick: There is a new James Bond film in preproduction with a tentative 2004 release date and Pierce Brosnan is attached to star, but no other details about the film are currently available. While promoting Die Another Day, Brosnan, 49, conceded that he probably only has another couple of Bond movies in him. There was some talk about the debonair Rupert Everett, 43, taking over after The World is Not Enough (1999), when Brosnan made some noises about not being sure that he wanted to continue to play Bond. But Die Another Day director Lee Tamahori reportedly shied away from casting an openly gay actor as Bond (see our Insider interview with Everett for details), and then Brosnan decided to stay. It seems unlikely that Everett would be considered again. Other actors whose names have been bandied about include Ewan McGregor, 32; former Spandau Ballet bass player-turned-actor Martin Kemp, 41; Hugh Jackman, 33; Christian Bale, 30; Clive Owen, 39; Gerard Butler, 33 (a Scot, like original Bond Sean Connery); Colin Wells, 39; Dougray Scott, 37, another Scot; Ioan Gruffudd, 29; Rufus Sewell, 35; and Jeremy Northam, 41. I mention their ages because that's a serious casting consideration; given that the franchise looks as though it still has many years left in it, it's important to cast someone who's old enough to bring a certain mature toughness to the role (Connery was 31 when he made Dr. No), but young enough that he's good for several films. For what it's worth — nothing, most likely — an online poll conducted in January 2003 named Jude Law, 30, as viewers' pick for the actor they most wanted to see as Bond. Brosnan has said he thinks the role ought to go to Colin Salmon, 32, who played M16 operative Charles Robinson in the last three Bond films. Whether or not Brosnan's endorsement gives him an edge, I couldn't say, but remember that Ian Fleming himself favored David Niven to play Bond and the role wound up going to Connery.

I could definitely go for the Hugh Jackman... he's niiiice.  He's Australian, though... same ancestry, but very different.

...i love Jude Law but NOT as Bond. that would suck. IMHO.

alas,it will hopefully not be an option soon!

se7en :ouro:

(Moore was 46 in his 1st bond film,and he did an astounding 7,and Brosnan was 42.  i fear if they get someone too young that it will not be beleiveable.  most young men these days often get high school parts. i hope they go no younger than say 35-36??

Jude law wasn't bad in the movies I've seen him in: Wisdom of Crocodiles, Gattaca, Enemy At The Gates.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

...i think Jude Law is a fabulous actor! he was also amazing in the superb "Road To Perdition",based on the wonderfull graphic novel.     ...just can't even remotely see him as bond though for some reason.

~se7en :ouro:

...i think Jude Law is a fabulous actor! he was also amazing in the superb "Road To Perdition",based on the wonderfull graphic novel.

That movie really was good - Unlike Jude's "Enemy At The Gates". Although it wasn't his fault that the movie sucked (except its beginning).

That movie really was good - Unlike Jude's "Enemy At The Gates". Although it wasn't his fault that the movie sucked (except its beginning).

.....for my taste "Enemy at the gates" is in my top 5 WWII movies of all time.-(though my gramps didn't like it as much as i did)  great story,historical acuracy is pin-point-(i'm somewhat of a WWII history buff)-and fabulous characters.  i just love the whole sniper aspect and it was refreshing to see a movie from the viewpoint of russia and not the U.S.         and although Ed harris's accent leaves something to be desired..................?        

~just MYOP,

se7en  :ouro:

.....for my taste "Enemy at the gates" is in my top 5 WWII movies of all time.-(though my gramps didn't like it as much as i did)  great story,historical acuracy is pin-point-(i'm somewhat of a WWII history buff)-and fabulous characters.  i just love the whole sniper aspect and it was refreshing to see a movie from the viewpoint of russia and not the U.S.         and although Ed harris's accent leaves something to be desired..................?        

~just MYOP,

se7en  :ouro:

I agree with you.   It was interesting to see a WW2 movie that wasn't from the US or UK point of view.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell