We need more new people on here

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

TIWWA is a mad an fun place because we have THE OLD MAN THE SEQUEL followed someday by OLD MAN PART 3.

:yes_big:  :yes_big:  :laugh_big:  :rofl:

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

.."OLD MAN PART-3?!"    ...I SIMPLY WON'T HAVE IT!........................."HE SHALL NOT PAAAAAAAAAASS!!"

i'm sure the above reference will soon be recognized(?)   :thinking_big:

~se7en :ouro:

.."OLD MAN PART-3?!"    ...I SIMPLY WON'T HAVE IT!........................."HE SHALL NOT PAAAAAAAAAASS!!"

~se7en :ouro:

Hmmm.  Gandalf- Lord of the Rings.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek

LOL not the hardest clue, you realize.  And hey, don't dis the thought of there someday being "Old Man 3:  The Next Generation".  Hopefully, this forum will be around until we're all sick of it!  Meaning, of course, forever.

• Elders (Admins)

Graham...

This is how I typed the html onto my index page.

https://millenniumdesktop.co.uk/MDUKII/tiwwabanner120x60.swf

With other times that I've used a picture as a link, it's been one of MY pictures, so all I had to do was "/moon/ravenwolf/whateverthenameis.jpg"

Still scratching my chin at this one..... :thinking_big:

(BTW.... My dogs love the sound file on the screensaver you made for me!  They start howling when it comes on! :p  :rofl: )

~Erin (Raven Wolf :ouro: )

P.S.  I had to repost this without saying IMG SRC=, because that whole address of yours didn't even show up.  It gave me a tiny white box with an "X" in the middle, which is exactly what it does on my site.  There must be something I'm doing wrong. :eyes:

Erin,

Your browser will interpret html as will this Ikonboard and that's why you have to use the Code button when posting so that the Messageboard knows not to actually process the html code but display it as text! When quoting html, press the Code button at the beginning and then at the end so it appears in a box marked Code Sample when you post your message.

This could do with moving to Roedeckers forum now.

Yes indeed, you did it right when use images like jpeg, but you can't use that method for Flash files as they are plugins that are embedded in the html of your web page. This is why you must use the embed tags and supply info like height and width.

Insert the html I quoted before:

<embed width="120" height="60" src="https://www.********.com/tiwwabanner120x60.swf">

where ******** is your web address. Save/upload the file called tiwwabanner120x60.swf to your webspace in the same folder as the page that it is called from and it will display when you look at it in your web browser.

if after that you provide me with your web hosting details or a link to the page where the logo is supposed to be, I'll check your html etc.

Graham.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LauraKrycek
I think that's one of the things that people are actually getting better about, though.  Many new people have been posting in the last couple of weeks, due to the new New Members forum.

I think that's one of the things that people are actually getting better about, though.  Many new people have been posting in the last couple of weeks, due to the new New Members forum.

Yes, Laura, I think the spell worked! :devil01:  I've noticed how many new people have poped up in here since the new-people forum got started.

"If you build it, they will come..."

:Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:

Guest LauraKrycek
I think the main thing to say would be "We don't flame, I promise!"  I think a lot of people are afraid of speaking up for fear of getting yelled at, like newbies do at a lot of other message boards.  They need to realize that we're all into peace, harmony, being a family-like!  No arguments here that'd don't end in us still being a family!  (but not *the* Family  :;): )