Plans for TIWWA...

Rate this topic

Haven't gotton it yet.... :thinking_big:

yep, hotmail is like that.  Sometimes it takes forever for an email to arrive at my account and sometimes forever to get to someone else.   Even worse, I get lots of unwanted junk in my Junk Mail folder.

Then there is my yahoo account which gets lots of unwanted junk and spam, but I can send and receive messages quickly.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest Apollyon
When's the movie comin out? I heard years ago that Lance and Chris Carter were planning on it, trying to raise the money, get studio backing, but it seems to have fallen through. Sucks. A Japanese company has just got the rights to back up a movie version of American Gothic. Who would have ever thought that shite would hit the big screen before Frank? Oh well.

:Ouro_Large: Here's an idea for a plan for TIWWA....

I remember, when I first joined, being rather intimidated, as a newcomer, and not knowing how to "break the ice".  Even this other guy that I got to join said he felt awkward, because he didn't feel he had anything worth contributing.

What helped me was the thread that someone else here started, I can't remember who...in the Millennium Group Coffie Lounge, called "Where's everyone from in here?"  That one realy helped me to get started, because I didn't feel there were any expectations.  All anyone wanted to know was where everyone was from.  It vered off-topic in true TIWWA fashon, but I felt more at ease, and had gotton to know others here better.  So..... My suggestion is this....

What about having a thread or forum, right near the top, where newcomers would see it first, simply called This Is Who We Are?  Each of us here now could put something in it about ourselves, post personal pictures, tell funny stories, whatever.  Have it be someplace for newcomers to get their feet wet, let their guard down, etc.  The subtitle could say something like "Get to know fellow members" or something.  I know how long it took ME to start realy participating...and not all of it was because of AO-Hell!  And, I've noticed when going through the member lists, how long it is before anyone puts their first post.  And, there's the whole "Lurker" thing that I've heard Scott talk about.  So... I was just thinking that something like this might make people feel more at ease when they're starting out, and would inevitably lead to more participation.

What d-ya' think? :Owls_Ouro_Large:

Raven Wolf :ouro:  :santa:

Guest LauraKrycek
I think that's a good idea.  What could we do, though, to keep it from being just like a basic profile page, and yet not usurp from some forums' descriptions\possible posts?

I think that's a good idea.  What could we do, though, to keep it from being just like a basic profile page, and yet not usurp from some forums' descriptions\possible posts?

:thinking_big:.....I think my blood sugar level must be too low....can't remember what "usurp" means.......

I hate it when that happens....  :laugh_big:   I just can't seem to wrap my brain around what you're asking....But, I know it's a very valid question...Damn, I need to go eat something.... :tongue:Mmmmmm Gravy! :tasty:

Can you help me?  My brain is still recovering from my long time down in the "Testimonial" forum.  I think I've got the benz! :p

Guest LauraKrycek

u·surp

1.  To seize and hold (the power or rights of another, for example) by force and without legal authority.

2.  To take over or occupy without right: usurp a neighbor's land.

Basically, if we were to post, say, how much we loved MM, that would take away from the Testimonials forum.  Or if we talked about our favorite\least favorite episodes, it might take away from a topic that would be dedicated to that.  Or it would clean up the forums, eliminating the need of that thread; but would also mean that we couldn't discuss the choices.  Do you see, or did that just confuse you?  It confused me.  But, in short, it has its ups and downs.  We need a moderator's opinion!

We need a moderator's opinion!

I agree. :yes_big:  Though, we do already tend to discuss things in more than one place/thread, and, we keep "hi-jacking" Graham's threads, as he pointed out earlier. :laugh_big:

What d-ya' think....Graham, Scott or Dave? :thinking_big: