Plans for TIWWA...

Rate this topic

Guest Justa Fan

:thinking_big:.....I think my blood sugar level must be too low....can't remember what "usurp" means.......

usurp: To eat one's soup with great Gusto!!

:plain_big:

• Elders (Admins)

LOL!

To get back to the original point of of this Topic (ahem!), I wanted to reassure you that work is going well on the new version of TIWWA and from what we've seen so far both Se7en and I are very excited about it. The customised TIWWA skin is about 95% complete, with new graphics to be created - something that will be commenced over the next few days.

More too come soon...

Graham.

Graham.... :sorry-big:   I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but, are we going to have to do anything weird to get back in once the process is completed?  I only ask this because of my limited knowledge of the internet, and because I remember that, in the beginning, I couldn't get in here at all, before you suggessted Internet Explorer, and, speaking of "Skins", I didn't even see this current skin for a couple of months or more.  Only the default white skin.  So...I hate to be a pain for asking this, but is there going to be something I'll need to do when the change takes place?

You know what they say...."Be prepared!" :plain_big:

Guest LauraKrycek

usurp: To eat one's soup with great Gusto!!

LOL!!!

And YAY for new skin!  I'm very excited about the new TIWWA revamp.  I'm so glad to have been here since (almost) the beginning!  Like being at Graceland when it was opened to the public, but you guys are the people who made it fancy first.

LOL!!!

And YAY for new skin!  I'm very excited about the new TIWWA revamp.  I'm so glad to have been here since (almost) the beginning!  Like being at Graceland when it was opened to the public, but you guys are the people who made it fancy first.

......right now we're bickering over color schemes: "BLACK!" ,NO ASSHOLE "RED!"......NO...."BLACK!".........."UH,DAVE?"  "YEAH?'

"I PAID FOR THIS WEBSPACE."     ......BUT GRAHAM I,I,I, :crying_big:                        :rofl:    

...when it's done guys,it'll look GREAT. PROMISE!

se7en :ouro:  :santa:

......right now we're bickering over color schemes: "BLACK!" ,NO ASSHOLE "RED!"......NO...."BLACK!".........."UH,DAVE?"  "YEAH?'

"I PAID FOR THIS WEBSPACE."     ......BUT GRAHAM I,I,I, :crying_big:                        :rofl:    

:thinking_big:Suddenly starts hearing "Back In Black", by AC/DC in her head...... :laugh_big:

How about a compromise?  Some Black and some Red?

Wait, what am I thinking??  GOTTA be BLACK! :frank_black:

Guest LauraKrycek

LOL!  Well, personally, if we're talking main background or anything, *I'd* go with black, because it's way way easier on my poor old eyes that don't see too well anyway.  But, of course, some red is necessary too.  They go well together... actually, that was my high school colors.  Go Bobcats!

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! You crazy lot! You're all as mad as me which is why I love ya all!

As Dave says it will look great but then I would say that as its little old me this time wrestling with the CSS sheets! I hope I can live up to Matt's original TIWWA skin!

Don't worry, although nothing is guaranteed, you will have no problems logging in. Once the skin (the graphical look) is achieved and fully tested, the old Board will be closed down whilst a convertor runs on the server, converting the posts and messages into the new required format.

Once complete the Domain Name will be redirected to point to the new TIWWA V2.0 to give it a geeky name, and you will I am told anyway be able to log into the new Board with your old log in details. You won't have to do anything special. You may have to back up any PM's you want to keep, I'm looking into this at the moment because I'm not sure if any stored PM's get moved across too.

You'll be fully informed anyway before hand and I expect the process of conversion and redirection to take a couple of hours.

Timescale wise, at the moment I'd say its looking the new version will be ready for Xmas, perhaps sooner.

Don't worry, the Board background will be black, and only MillenniuM-esque colours will be used.

Thank you for your support on this and your kind comments - they are what drives us!

Graham.