Whats Your Fav. Top Ten Episodes

Rate this topic

It doesn't make sense if Mrs. Garry had the affair, because why would Mr. G feel guilty about that? I remember the psychologist saying specifically that Mrs. G. didn't have an affair but either strongly implied or stated outright that Mr. G. did. And I think the deputy also said something about how "she couldn't live in a world of adulterers".

The pregnancy test is the thing that threw me off, but I think that was used as a hook to get Frank to think she'd had an affair and thus go to the shrink and find out otherwise. After he does that, everything falls into place and he knows what happened.

The last scene in the interrogation room was one powerfully written piece. It reminded me of a similar scene in "Goodbye, Charlie" and also what Jose Chung was saying in his X-Files: "I'm fascinated how a person's sense of consciousness can be so transformed by nothing more magical than listening to words... mere words."

We need a transcript. . . . .

Okay, transcript found: https://www.timferrante.com/Abyss/Transcripts/mlm116.txt

At the shrink's office:

Frank: "Was Mrs. Reilly having an affair with Deputy

Kevin Reilly?"

Steele: "Mrs. Garry was a faithful wife. She was a

woman who needed to talk openly about an emotional

problem that was tearing at the very fabric of her

soul. Now, on the other hand, don't ask me about

Mr. Garry."

So she didn't really say one way or another about Mr. G but seems to be clear that Mrs. G. wasn't. And then at the end:

Reilly: "He said she couldn't bear the thought of

living in a world of adulterers... men like him.

It was one night. I know. One night. William Garry's

the best man I've ever known. There's nothing I

wouldn't do for him."

So it seems Mr. G had a one-nighter and that was what was sending her off to the shrink. I think the pregnancy test was there to lead him to the shrink, and perhaps being pregnant might have pushed Mrs. G. over the edge.

• 7 months later...
Guest bluestocking

Borrowed Time

The Sound of Snow

Sacrament

The Curse of Frank Black

Pilot

Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me

• 2 years later...
Guest notbadforahuman

I can't believe that I answered this post over five years ago... and that I hadn't finished watching the show at that point!

Here is my updated favorites list.

Not in any order:

~ Lamentation

~ Powers, Principalities, Thrones, and Dominions

~ The Curse of Frank Black

~ Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense

~ The Mikado

~ The Fourth Horsemen/The Time is Now

~ The Sound of Snow

~ Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

~ Dead Letters

~ Pilot

I'd like to see how many people might have differing series favorites preferences now as opposed to back when they first answered!

• 2 months later...

Amazes me that this thread slipped by me. Wow, it would be so much easier to pick my top 20 favorites; top 10 is difficult.

1. Pilot

2. Force Majeure

3. Sound Of Snow

4. The Curse of Frank Black

5. Midnight of the Century

6. Anamnesis

7. Luminary

8. The Mikado

9. Borrow Time

10. Sound Of Snow

11. A Well-Worn Lock

Oops ! !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1) The Time Is Now 10/10

2) The Fourth Horseman 10

3) Pilot 10

4) The Curse of Frank Blank 10

5) The Midnight of the Century 9

6) Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense 9

7) The Pest House 9

8) The Beginning & the End 9

9) Goodbye to All That 9

10) Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions 9

The least popular ep on this list is probably The Pest House, and I always tend to forget how much I like it until I watch it again. I love the story of the villain and Louis Ferreira gives one of my favorite guest star performances.

Yes. Louis' part in that episode far outweighed his zombification in Dawn of the Dead! The Pest House can be further enhanced by watching it in the dark, like several of the season 1 episodes.

:rock2:

• 5 years later...