X-Files help

Rate this topic

Hey Joe...yes i do...the four animals are associated with either the 4 evangalistic apostles

Matthew (winged man)

Mark (Lion)

Luke (Bull)

John (Eagle)

or the four faces could represent the four children (Nephilim) that the Seraphim fathered after descending to earth

I am not quite sure just what the writers intent was in this episode....

however:

Many works of Christian art use these animals to symbolize the 4 saints..

4th Horseman..

You are correct sir!

Mathew-Mark-Luke-John

Is Folie A Deaux the one about the people that are insects that work at a telemarketing firm?

You are correct sir!

Mathew-Mark-Luke-John

Is Folie A Deaux the one about the people that are insects that work at a telemarketing firm?

yes, i just thought it was well done, even though the creature looked a bit hokey...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hey MIB...sorry for not getting back to your questions...as for where i am now, i just started S6....i have been watching anywhere from 3-5 episodes a day...i am planning on going back and re-watching from the beginning because i think i am missing quite a bit...especially with "The Post Modern Prometheus"

Anyway, as for S5....All Souls, Folie a Deux, Chinga (an obvious nod to the Twilight Zone episode starring Telly Savalas), Detour, Post Modern Prometheus. I really enjoyed All Souls...any comments?

4th Horseman...

p.s. - Laran...i did like TPMP, but i guess i am still a bit slow, because i dont get the Jerry Springer, Cher connection....ZF, feel free to fill me in..

Wow, you are really crankin them out!! I would love to have the XF DVDs and be discovering all these episodes for the first time. I'm sure you will find yourself picking up more and more as you go back and watch the seasons again. I know that I have altered my opinion of many episodes as I have rewatched series like Millennium, X-files and many others. There are many episodes of each that I didn't care for the first time around, and have sense become some of my favorites. Who knows, maybe "Post Modern" will one day be among your favs. As for the episodes you mention, I really enjoyed Detour. Wasn't that the one where Scully sings "Jeremia was a Bullfrog" to Mulder? I thought "All Souls" was very good, although not great, and "Folie a Deux" was a true stand out and a 5 out of 5 star episode. Other ones that I thought were great were Schizogeny (with Sarah Jane Redmond), Kill Switch (loved Esther Nairn :devil: ), Bad Blood (was very light and funny) and Mind's Eye (with Lili taylor, 5 out of 5 stars). Season 5 is still X-files in its prime.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
yes, i just thought it was well done, even though the creature looked a bit hokey...

I forget exactly what the creature looked like, but I remember the zombies looked pretty good and pretty scary. I though the episode was brilliant, and was a 5 out of 5. This is a true X-files classic and one of the best stand alone's ever. Other than the great writing and acting by the usual cast, I thought Brian Markinson was a big part of what made the episode great. I know I have raved about him before, but he is a sensational actor and one of the best that Millennium and X-files ever made use of. He was used twice in X-files and 3 times in Millennium, although he wasn't really given a juicy role in MM like he was with Folie A Deux. The best work I have seen him do though might be in the two part NYPD Blue classic "Lost Israel", where he was sensational. He has also been in da Vinci's Inquest, but I have missed him in that somehow. I would like to see him become a regular charactor in a good series. He is in a very select class in my humble opinion.

Wow, you are really crankin them out!! I would love to have the XF DVDs and be discovering all these episodes for the first time. I'm sure you will find yourself picking up more and more as you go back and watch the seasons again. I know that I have altered my opinion of many episodes as I have rewatched series like Millennium, X-files and many others. There are many episodes of each that I didn't care for the first time around, and have sense become some of my favorites. Who knows, maybe "Post Modern" will one day be among your favs. As for the episodes you mention, I really enjoyed Detour. Wasn't that the one where Scully sings "Jeremia was a Bullfrog" to Mulder? I thought "All Souls" was very good, although not great, and "Folie a Deux" was a true stand out and a 5 out of 5 star episode. Other ones that I thought were great were Schizogeny (with Sarah Jane Redmond), Kill Switch (loved Esther Nairn :devil: ), Bad Blood (was very light and funny) and Mind's Eye (with Lili taylor, 5 out of 5 stars). Season 5 is still X-files in its prime.

Bliss, whatever happen to your Lili Taylor avatar.........i use to love it

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Bliss, whatever happen to your Lili Taylor avatar.........i use to love it

I don't remember having one, but I'll see if I can dig one up.

MIB...you are probably correct in your assessment that things will change a 2nd time around...I never said i didnt like "Post Modern", perhaps i am cruising too fast thru these episodes to absorb their meaning....i do have one question though, i swear i saw X get shot and killed by the guy in the elevator and watched him scrawl an acronym with his own blood before he died, but he re-appears again in S6?....

OH....you made me recall an episode i did not care for at all....and of course, i cant remember its name, but it had a scene in it where it made it look like Scully was about to sleep with some guy she had recently met....(faces inches apart, door slowly closes)..........i just thought it was shocking, especially after seeing all that chemistry between them....

4th Horseman...

Guest ZeusFaber
....i do have one question though, i swear i saw X get shot and killed by the guy in the elevator and watched him scrawl an acronym with his own blood before he died, but he re-appears again in S6?

Yes, X died in this manner in "Herrenvolk" at the beginning of S4. He later appeared in an early S5 episode entitled "Unusual Suspects". How? Because it's set in 1990, telling the tale of how the Lone Gunmen first united and met Mulder.

OH....you made me recall an episode i did not care for at all....and of course, i cant remember its name, but it had a scene in it where it made it look like Scully was about to sleep with some guy she had recently met....(faces inches apart, door slowly closes)..........i just thought it was shocking, especially after seeing all that chemistry between them....

That would be "Never Again". I'm not particularly fond of that episode either. Very little happens, and Scully behaves very out of character. It would probably have come out better had Quentin Tarantino been able to direct it as originally planned. Not that I think Rob Bowman did a bad job, jJust that the material he had to work with wasn't up to the mark.