New news on XF2

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38875

The X-Files 2 Starts Shooting December 10

Source: Diva October 29, 2007

After years of David Duchovny talking about the sequel, and almost 10 years after the first feature, 20th Century is finally ready to start production on The X-Files 2 with the actor in place to reprise his role of Special Agent Fox Mulder. Gillian Anderson is also expected to be back on board to play Special Agent Dana Scully.

Shooting is scheduled to begin on December 10 in Vancouver under the direction of series creator Chris Carter. Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the script.

The studio is referring to the film in casting breakdowns as "Done One."

The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998.

Some people on another board are saying that casting calls have already gone out.

Guest Laurent.

Hahaha I was just coming here to post the same news... Definitely got me more excited than ever about the project! Anyone knows the credibility of the source (Diva)??

• Elders (Moderators)
Hahaha I was just coming here to post the same news... Definitely got me more excited than ever about the project! Anyone knows the credibility of the source (Diva)??

Don't know about the credibility of the source, but it does tie in with what David Duchovny has said recently, and that Gillian Anderson had to pull out from a movie she was planned to star in that was due to start shooting at the end of the year.

It is unusual for a definite date to be given if it's just speculation. Even so, I'll only be really happy when there's proof that GA, DD and CC are all in Vancouver.

Guest Laurent.

I'm not familiar with the casting process, but if their was indeed casting sessions for the movie than I would assume they would at least give an indication to the actors concerning the shooting schedule so I'm not that surprised that we now have a speculative date of filming. It's really one of the best news we've add in the latest blast of rumors concerning TXF 2, but that is IF the source can be trusted.

• Elders (Moderators)

As for casting, an eagle-eyed person over on the Haven has provided this link:

https://sidesexpress.com/se_index.cfm?locid...p;c=DONE+ONE#sr

The casting people are listed as Mayrs/Brandstatter. Coreen Mayrs was casting associate on XF for S2 and main Vancouver casting person for S4 and S5. Heike Brandstatter was casting associate for S4 and S5. So they both know what 1013 need.

Guest Laurent.

WOW! That's great news! Hope they manage to keep most of the original crew together! I guess that's the best way to have an atmosphere as close to the series as possible.

Guest Laurent.

Now don't be so bitter (I hope that's not an insult... it's not in French anyway so it should not be taken as one when coming from me).. Actually I was happy every single time someone brought a new XF2 news to my attention; and God knows that happened a lot in the last few months, and years, and it made me a happy happy man!

Now I'm just thrilled to have something that concrete... yet even if they start filming in the beginning of December I don't think there is any chance the movie will be out for summer 2008 so I guess late 2008 - early 2009 release (coming from someone who does not have a clue how much time a big budget movie takes to shoot and post-produce)? My understanding is that they want to be done with it before the writers' strike.