New news on XF2

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber
i think i remember a few months back i broke some news from Duchovny himself about X-Files 2 filming really soon. I recall getting scoffed at too

You weren't scoffed at. The point was that when an actor says he hopes shooting will begin at a certain time, it isn't a guarentee. After all, he'd said it many times before. He said October, he said November. Some people just prefer to wait for concrete stuff rather than endless Duchovny quotes.

My understanding is that they want to be done with it before the writers' strike.

Not an issue. The writing side of things is done.

Guest Laurent.
Not an issue. The writing side of things is done.

How would you know? There may unfinished segments to the script... or maybe they will want to rewrite some small parts of the movie during production? Chris Carter is shooting is own script.. the chance of him wanting to change some elements (as small as they can be) are pretty high I guess.

Guest Laurent.

From Chris Carter himself:"X-Files" creator speaks...

Are there any other factors that are going to be very important in determining whether it comes through aside from just budgeting?

I think people's schedules, the budgeting, and finishing it before time gets tight — late next spring when everyone thinks there's going to be a strike.

Guest ZeusFaber
How would you know? There may unfinished segments to the script... or maybe they will want to rewrite some small parts of the movie during production? Chris Carter is shooting is own script.. the chance of him wanting to change some elements (as small as they can be) are pretty high I guess.

You don't get to take something before the cameras with an unfinished script. Studio executives have to sign off on it. You have to have something called a shooting script before you begin production -- anything that may get tweaked on set by Carter would be done with his director's hat on. Don't get confused between the physical act of creativity and what can get precluded by industrial action from the WGA.

From Chris Carter himself

Yeah, that was four months ago. If it is indeed true that the project is ready to start shooting on December 10th, you wont have to worry about a WGA strike. Any strike from any other union, however, would of course be another matter.

Rather than go in this round and round argument as to all the politics involved in shooting a movie, and everyone having all their "I'S" dotted and their "T's" crossed before making a post, can we all just agree to disagree? Once? Just for the novelty of it? As far as I know, NO ONE here is a movie producer, or has any more info than anyone else about procedure and protocol in regards to getting a movie filmed. All I DO know is that I, for one, am sick of the bickering on this subject.

Now, take a break. PLEASE.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em. :smokin:

Guest ZeusFaber

I didn't know anyone was bickering. And I don't think anyone was telling other people when and when not to post. It just seems to me that these kinds of reports are notorious for getting misread, and some fans (not necessarily on this board) often miss qualifying words like "hope" and "intend", especially when it comes to quotations from the pertinent parties involved.

Fortunately, this report doesn't contain any such quotes, so it's far simpler and less likely to get misread. As such, I think it's less likely to descend into the usual bickering.

Ravenw

Your post made me giggle rather too much at work, kinda highlighted the fact that I wasn't checking my poor patients drug regimes at that particular point. I did return to more pressing matters though shortly after lol.

Edited by ethsnafu