katherine

Rate this topic

Guest Sheree Dawn

Guest Sheree Dawn

She had her moments; I was moved to tears when she crawled off into to the woods, giving her life to save Jordan's. But let's be honest... Did she ever get on your nerves or seem a bit self-righteous and snooty? Did you ever think Frank deserved better than her.

Just my thinking at this moment.

i believe Katherine and Frank are a good match for each other but i agree she was high maintnance for Frank. There are episodes that she was in that i made me wonder why did Frank Marry her? I was dumbfounded with her in "the Beginning and the end" in how she responded to Frank when he killed the Polariod Man. I saw the snootiness in "The Curse of Frank Black", and even in Siren she seemed to hold back how she felt towards Frank. These are my perceptions.

Guest SouthernCelt

I kept waiting for Frank to lose it in Season 2 and just blurt out, "What the hell do you want from me?" She seemed to start out with distancing herself from Frank after PM abduction saying she needed time to work out how she felt then that became, at least in her explanations, that she was trying to protect Jordan. That shifting of the focus of her estrangement always seemed to be more of an excuse because she either couldn't or wouldn't give Frank her real feelings on the matter. She knew Frank would never knowingly place Jordan in harm's way yet she kept accusing him of that and refusing to acccept that Frank could no longer just turn his back on the Group and walk away without repercussions.

The one I really wanted to slap around though was Catherine's father. He never seemed to like Frank being Jordan's father and after Catherine's death, his attitude was just intolerable. And her mother, while remaining somewhat more pleasant with Frank would become a shrinking violet whenever the father shot his mouth off.

Katherine's demise was never accepting the dark side to Frank's character--a side that he used and uses to keep his family safe. While I do think that Frank was and remains to be very much able to keep his family and his work and gift apart from each other, Katherine was never the one to believe in that which led to their estrangement. "The Beginning And The End" kind of sealed it.

I adored the character a lot. Maybe if the end of season 2 hadn't been that drastic, they would've found together again.

Guest Sheree Dawn
Ha! This should get some people going. Yes, I thought she got a bit "high and mighty" at times. Their relationship was complex, but it always she kept Frank working to get her love.

She made him work too hard, as if he was somehow "lacking" , not just some of the time but most of the time.

Guest Sheree Dawn
She knew Frank would never knowingly place Jordan in harm's way yet she kept accusing him of that and refusing to acccept that Frank could no longer just turn his back on the Group and walk away without repercussions.

Acceptance was always the issue, and I felt she never truly gave it. I thought at times she used Jordan and Frank's fear of her coming to harm. She was subtly manipulative.

The one I really wanted to slap around though was Catherine's father. He never seemed to like Frank being Jordan's father and after Catherine's death, his attitude was just intolerable. And her mother, while remaining somewhat more pleasant with Frank would become a shrinking violet whenever the father shot his mouth off.

The father was an equivalent to a male genital organ, or he could also be compared to Uranus.

Initially, Katherine would appear to give Frank the leeway he needed, you know the "go catch the bad man" lines and such. But I saw her "support" fade into demands and emotional drains that left Frank more stressed than he would have initially been just from the Consulting job alone.

I pitied him. At one point I would have left my husband for Frank. I thought I could do better than Katherine.

Then I went back on my meds. :clapping:

Guest peas_and_corn

Certainly accemptance was a big problem. The scene when Frank was talking to Lara about how she was the only person who truly understood him was brilliant and I really love watching it.

Guest queequeg914

One thing I've noticed is that she never says "I love you" back to Frank when he says it- the reply is always "Me too", which I found kind of cold.

One thing I've noticed is that she never says "I love you" back to Frank when he says it- the reply is always "Me too", which I found kind of cold.
this topic has certainly been discussed in length in previous threads. I will only say that Catherine's disintergration began with her incredible cold-hearted response to Frank saving both their lives by killing PM.

4th Horseman...