katherine

Rate this topic

Guest Sheree Dawn

this topic has certainly been discussed in length in previous threads. I will only say that Catherine's disintergration began with her incredible cold-hearted response to Frank saving both their lives by killing PM.

4th Horseman...

Are you trying to tell us to to go read the older threads, horse? I'm not trying to be curt, but I wonder why you say it's already been discussed at length?

As new people join the board threads are going to be repeated. It's like each new generation buys MONOPOLY and plays it anew.

Are you trying to tell us to to go read the older threads, horse? I'm not trying to be curt, but I wonder why you say it's already been discussed at length?

As new people join the board threads are going to be repeated. It's like each new generation buys MONOPOLY and plays it anew.

Thats your interpretation roo...but not my intent...My post was nothing more than a gentle reminder that Catherine's character HAS repeatedly been discussed in previous threads, and that a simply archival search would lend credence to that particular fact. Please dont read into it anything more than that...I am not asking new members to refrain from giving us their thoughts on any character, only that if they are interested, they can find copious amounts of information from previous discussions...

4th Horseman....

Greetings all,

No-one, certainly not 4th, wishes to kibosh a thread or stifle discussion but he raises a valid point and it deserves acknowledgment. There are times when a thread catches the imagination and a slew of insights contribute to a gem of a topic. There are many I fondly remember and countless new ones forever emerging as such it is enriching for new members to delve a little upon arrival and digest what is to be had, I know I did and am sure many do. It is difficult for older members to rehash their thoughts times over when there are threads of high quality still in existence, we are old and tired and our brilliance fades lol. There are times many when members have given great portions of themselves and their time in crafting responses and these thrusting discussions are but a click away and are terribly difficult to reproduce or paraphrase.

Even as a longish standing member I will often search for an existing thread to contribute to before I create a new one, enriching an existing thread keeps our universe tidy and easily fathomable and creates pockets of wisdom rather than random tatters here and there.

Mark would be the last man alive to temper discussion, he thrives on it, he simply notes that a little research, a few seconds of searching will provide new members will find some truly stimulating discourses that will do nothing short of enrich their TIWWA and Millennium experience and provide all the fuel they will ever need to stimulate their grey matter.

Think of TIWWA as a Millennium Encyclopedia, who wouldn't want to read a little?

Gosh I still find old threads I love on a daily basis,

My very best wishes,

Eth

Guest peas_and_corn
Did Frank provide Catherine (I believe it was a C not a K yes?) with a secure base? I am struck by those who argue that she was the one to blame for their issues and related relational matrix....not that she is absolved from any sustained analysis, but on the face of it, let us not be blinded to the flaws of our hero...

Vv

Certainly you aren't viewing their monetary situation through the basic 'male breadwinner' lens? Let's not forget that Catherine had a full time job, while Frank quite frankly had an unreliable income- since he was officially a consultant, he would have only been paid when he was working for the MM group- and not any other time. this said, their incomes combined to create the 'cash base' to pay for what they needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluestocking

I found Catherine far more interesting after she was dead, to be honest. Her role as the saintly figure who sacrificed her life for Jordan's and who talks to her psychic daughter from the other side is a more interesting dramatic role than the one she played in the first season as Frank's long-suffering wife or in the second season as the shrew who couldn't decide whether to divorce him.

Guest SonOfNothing

Haviing only recently (today actually!) finished viewing MM for he very first time, my input to this discussion may be regarded as a little irrelevant, or based on a position of ignorance....however

I really liked Catherine, right up until the fallout from Frank killing the Polaroid Man - I found her reaction unbelievable, that after Frank had frantically tried and succeeded in saving her life she would feel the need for them to split up. Furthermore, in following episodes she would somehow blame Frank for breaking up their family and being the cause of the emotional turbulence experienced by Jordan!

Having said that, Franks attempts to sheild his family from the truth in keeping the long-running stalking and terroristic campaign by Polaroid Man a secret perhaps means that she wasn't aware just how strongly Frank felt, that here was a man who had been threatening the safety of Frank and his family for years, and who in the end had kidnapped his wife - perhaps if Frank hadn't tried to keep this rather unpalatable truth from Catherine then she may have had more sympathy with what Frank did. But despite this, I was literally in disbelief when she felt they needed time apart...her reasoning that he had 'lost something' was also baffling, and the fact that she subsequently blamed Frank for the split was kinda the icing on the cake - I really grew to dislike her character after this, I felt that Frank deserved much much better after his long struggle to protect his family.

Anyway, just my 2 pennies worth :notworthy:

Haviing only recently (today actually!) finished viewing MM for he very first time, my input to this discussion may be regarded as a little irrelevant, or based on a position of ignorance....however

I really liked Catherine, right up until the fallout from Frank killing the Polaroid Man - I found her reaction unbelievable, that after Frank had frantically tried and succeeded in saving her life she would feel the need for them to split up. Furthermore, in following episodes she would somehow blame Frank for breaking up their family and being the cause of the emotional turbulence experienced by Jordan!

Having said that, Franks attempts to sheild his family from the truth in keeping the long-running stalking and terroristic campaign by Polaroid Man a secret perhaps means that she wasn't aware just how strongly Frank felt, that here was a man who had been threatening the safety of Frank and his family for years, and who in the end had kidnapped his wife - perhaps if Frank hadn't tried to keep this rather unpalatable truth from Catherine then she may have had more sympathy with what Frank did. But despite this, I was literally in disbelief when she felt they needed time apart...her reasoning that he had 'lost something' was also baffling, and the fact that she subsequently blamed Frank for the split was kinda the icing on the cake - I really grew to dislike her character after this, I felt that Frank deserved much much better after his long struggle to protect his family.

Anyway, just my 2 pennies worth :notworthy:

Well said!