X-Files' comic book

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Oh, so YOU were the one who won that contest! (well, sort of! Haha that was a funny -- and tragic -- story!)

No I haven't bought comics off the internet as of yet. Surely online stores are easy to find (https://www.midtowncomics.com/faq.asp?base=info_Shipping), although for items as cheap as that, postage costs might end up being more expensive than the comics themselves! Maybe it's best to wait and group order #0-#1(-#2?)...

Amann is not too bad either. Shiban is inconsistent indeed. :happy:

He-he, yeah, that was me! I wonder who was lucky enough to receive my copy instead of me? LOL

Thanks for the link! Hmm... Now I'm thinking... Maybe it would be easier to group order all issues (#0--#7) after they all will be released?

As for Shiban -- yup, he has 2 modes: VERY BAD and VERY GOOD. :) No doubt he is very talented but I guess he needs someone to edit his ideas. :) When he's in good shape he can write really good stories, and I always say that his Harsh Realm episode, "Manus Domini", was one the best television hours I've ever seen.

I hoped Vince Gilligan or Darin Morgan would pen their stories for XF comics. *sigh* :( I guess Vince is busy with his own series and Darin is curently working for some overrated show so he obviously doesn't have time for some stupid comic books. :)

Amann is OK indeed.

Edited by Blackoil

Guest Laurent.

I agree about Manus Domini, and having just watched it yesterday: I want to add that The Pine Bluff Variant is an awesome episode that stands out to show the diversity of the series!

Anyway, about the comics:

I'll follow Orodromeus advice and buy a few copies in one order when they'll be available!

edit: How much issues will Spotnitz write? I want the mythology storyline to be substantial enough... not just an issue or two I hope!

How much issues will Spotnitz write? I want the mythology storyline to be substantial enough... not just an issue or two I hope!

He will write 2 mythology issues: #1 and #2. He also wrote #0 so we have 3 Spotnitz stories total!

P.S.

Oh yeah, The Pine Bluff Variant is an evidence that John Shiban is actually good! It's one of my favorite XF episodes.

Edited by Blackoil

ISSUE #3

Mulder and Scully are sent to San Francisco to investigate a series of murders happening simultaneously throughout the city. But, according to fingerprints and DNA, all are being perpetrated by the same killer. As their investigation takes them into the unknown mysteries of the Chinese underworld, they learn that instead of being the hunters, they have become the hunted.

Written by Marv Wolfman; Art by Brian Denham; Cover by Jim Daly and Tim Bradstreet. 32pg. - Color - $3.50 US - On Sale January 21, 2009

COVER:

10965_400x600.jpg

Source: https://weeklycomicbookreview.com/2008/10/2...-the-x-files-3/

• 8 months later...

Hi chaps,

News is just in from XFNews that a second X-Files comic, written by Gabe Rotter, is in development as seen here. I must say when I saw the link I experienced such trepidation opening it just in case it was a Millennium comic, sadly not today my friends. Can't shift the song 'Our Day Will Come' from my head right now.

Eth

Precisely,

When I saw it my overly optimistic, ever enthusiastic response was, "...we're getting a Millennium comic...", sadly not true. I can, however, see this happening. A company is currently seeking the rights to Millennium (though it's highly doubtful they will be successful), it provides for the fans who Frank and co have been made increasingly aware of of late and he has said that he would love to do it. Hopefully we wouldn't get Denham on art duties but that's a personal thing, I'll take stick men over nothing at all.

Eth

PS If word of a comic starts to filter through we begin the 'Baz for penciller campaign' right guys?

• Elders (Admins)

Definitely! The guy rocks and should be a millionaire by now! I love the comic drawings he does of the show and its characters.

I don't like the idea of Millennium comics as the only return for the show though, comics aren't really my cup of Earl Grey at the end of the day, but of course they are enjoyed by millions and it would be great to them as an extra bonus. For me its a cinema release film that I'd prefer to see, or maybe a series of TV/straight to DVD movies.

Precisely,

When I saw it my overly optimistic, ever enthusiastic response was, "...we're getting a Millennium comic...", sadly not true. I can, however, see this happening. A company is currently seeking the rights to Millennium (though it's highly doubtful they will be successful), it provides for the fans who Frank and co have been made increasingly aware of of late and he has said that he would love to do it. Hopefully we wouldn't get Denham on art duties but that's a personal thing, I'll take stick men over nothing at all.

Eth

PS If word of a comic starts to filter through we begin the 'Baz for penciller campaign' right guys?

Now there's a fresh angle, stick figure renditions of Millennium. Good luck finding Fabricant's kidney now, Lucy Butler!