X-Files: I Want to Believe

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

I'm waiting to see if it'll get a midnight showing in Québec in its original version. If not I'll wait until friday night to see it... we almost never need to get our tickets in advance here so there should not be any problems. If it's not possible to see it in its original version, I'll have to cross the border to see it in the states. If that's the case.. should we buy tickets in advance? Movie theaters are never sold out for an entire day over here... I hope it's the same in american theaters.

Guest Laurent.

I have absolutely no idea how Batman is going to affect X-Files' box office entrees. How do tickets sale for the second week of a blockbuster usually compare to the first week of a smaller film like X-Files? Anyone's willing to risk any predictions?

Has anyone had any trouble with regards to availability? When we purchased tickets the 'Ethsnafu Nerd Brigade' had hoped to see this at Sheffield Cineworld as it is by far and away the biggest and best cinema complex we have here. We couldn't find a single mention of the film on the website, no advance booking details, no previews or anything despite movies scheduled for release after TXF2 being listed. We called a really unhelpful member of staff who said she could find no mention of the movie in their advance schedule. We opted to book for the Odeon ultimately but I have checked daily to see if details have been added and still nothing.

Does anyone think it would be odd for such a high profile film to not be listed at the City's premiere Cinema Complex?

Best wishes,

Eth

let me premise my response with a disclaimer that i am in no way lessening the excitement i have towards the release of the X-Files movie, nor am i discounting the potential success of the movie, and of course, this is still just my opinion...

Laran...i think what we have to look at is, is the lure to see the hyped last performance of Heath Ledger too great to pull people away enough to give X-Files a good jump start...

my prediction is Batman will blow X-files out of the water, even with 2nd week revenues vs first week revenues of X-Files...sorry folks, but plain and simple, there are far more Batman fans than X-Files fans...

lets look at a few examples...

widely regarded as the most profitable movie of all time, Titantic took in 88 million the first weekend and was way over the 100 million mark in less than 12 days..also, if you reference the very first Batman movie (1989), the gross revenues were 411.35 million dollars , and even with a 34% drop off in generated revenue the 2nd week, still easily beat out the competition...the X-Files movie in 1998 achieved gross revenues of 189.2 million dollars..There has been WAY more promotion for the Batman movie, plus the still existing enigma of Ledger's death makes it an eerily macabre attraction. I will admit, it is strange to see the adverts for the movie with him in them knowing he has passed..

2nd week revenue streams are usually down a bit but still very strong for movies like Spiderman, Titantic, E.T., Star Wars, etc....what we have to hope for is a stellar performance by the X-File movie if we have ANY hope of a MillenniuM one..

4th Horseman...