This is who I am...

Guest Watts

*shudder* Lucy Butler... Hell, I don't know if even the Old Man could whup her... But with a computer... Nah, Rather say that Odessa did it to mine. Safer that way... Hey, who put that Owls logo on my background... Watts! You hacked my computer again! :nahah::fool:

^_^

On the topic of Millennium Con's. There's certainly nothing official taking place, single show conventions are very much a rarity these days with only Lost and Doctor Who commanding the attention of enough people to warrant it

Actually, there are more single-show conventions than you might think! Shows like Stargate, The Prisoner (yes, the 1967 show!) or Twin Peaks (https://www.twinpeaksfest.com/) hold frequent conventions. Although I'm not active in any of those, I very much plan to attend sometime in the future...

PS: welcome, Watts!

Edited by Orodromeus

Oh my god! I love The Prisoner! Such an awesome show- I was estatic when I found out they put them out on DVD, so I'm saving all the cash I get so I can buy them. I just didn't like the fact they kept changing No. 2's like they were water. Granted, some of them were repeated like Colin Gordon (who, I didn't know was born in Sri Lanka) and Leo McKern (surprise! he's an Aussie!), but some consistency would have been nice... At least the Butler (Angelo Muscat) and the Supervisor (Peter Swanwick), and of course No. 6 (Patrick McGoohan) were consistant! I loved Dance of the Dead, Fall Out rocked my socks. Scary that The Village was only about 20 miles from London, no?

I knew it! Watts hacked me!!!!

Guest SeanDubh

Yeah, great show. Heard any of the rumors about Hugh Laurie starring as Number Six in a Prisoner feature film? Probably no validity to them, but it's fun to imagine...

Who what a praise for the Prisoner! It is indeed one of the greatest achievements of television! :D

@Who Am I?: actually, some say that No2 constantly changed because it represented the faceless rule, the power of the system that had no human face but used men only as tools... That, and it makes for good guest stars. Leo McKern was an Aussie? Didn't know that!

@SeanDubh: AMC is planning a mini-series for 2009, this time it's really happening. Jim Caveziel will be No6, Ian McKellen will be No2. I'm not sure what to think of all that.

The Prisoner!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That bouncy ball never made sense to me, but the rest was outstanding. I love the clothes, the town, and most of all the PLOTS! I remember the show where he escaped, but in the end it was just another set up to attempt to break him.