Halloween Music

Rate this topic

Earthnut

The Doors have the best nads? LOL!

Woah! The Wolfman's got nards!

Top of the Morning is a wonderful track on Tubular Bells III, playful yet calm...perfect for plane rides.

Ok...time to find something Halloweeny.

Now, why wasn't this on the soundtrack for Return of the Living Dead? Or was there another release somewhere else...? Hmmm...

Darlene it's our pleasure and thank you for creating the thread in the first place. It's been great fun to contribute. Today's share is a wonderfully spooky piece from Krzysztof Komeda from Rosemary's Baby. Simple, chilling and somewhat beautiful. Check it out.

Guest WaveCrest

I thought of mentioning this song in this thread a few days ago, and whilst it isn't a scary song it has "ghost" in the title. The song being There's a Ghost in My House by R. Dean Taylor. It reached no.3 in the UK in 1974.

Goldsmith's compositions for "Omen" is a superb choice Alex. I rather like this work from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" as well but to be honest his work is all very memorable and enjoyable.

Now I'm going to select an odd choice and it isn't something that is well suited to Halloween but it is certainly a composition that I associate with some of the most brutal scenes of horror you can find on celluloid. My choice is the opening theme from Cannibal Holocaust by Riz Ortolani and it's another one of those genius compositions that is used to juxtapose brutally graphic onscreen violence with just a simple, bone-cuttingly beautiful tune. I'm a great fan of when music is used this way.

Eth