Lance Henriksen to star in Aliens prequel?

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi foks,

Yep, you read the topic's title correctly. The latest batch of rumours about the forthcoming Alien prequel contain the tantalising nugget that Lance Henriksen has a small part in the script. Now I can well believe that as he featured in two of the original movies and one of the AVP films and as he is a friend of the franchises creator it's probable that a cameo has been planned. To check out the article with all the latest gossip about this and other Alien news check out the following link. Let's keep our fingers crossed shall we?

Eth

Indeed he would. Now this might be of interest to Aliens fans. Empire magazine has done an article on what happened to the marines from that film and they tracked each of them down (shouldn't have been too hard to track Lance, he hasn't exactly disappeared has he) and spoke to them.

Check out the link to find out what happened to them all and what they are up to these days.

Eth

Great find Mark, not sure if the bit about James Remar was even mentioned on the extras on Aliens in the Quadrilogy set....or maybe I forgot it...

Interesting to hear about these kinds of things, just like Eric Stoltz vs. Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future

or even

Tom Selleck vs Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones...okay, never got that far, but there were audition tapes or rehearsal footage...

I thought it was a fascinating read Josef. As you have the Quadrilogy Boxed Set you will already know the following but I thought I would share it here for those that haven't. John Hurt was Ridley Scott's first choice to play Kane in Alien, but Hurt was committed to filming in South Africa and had to turn down the part. Jon Finch, who had risen to fame both as a theatre actor in Britain and in lead roles in Zeffirelli's Romeo And Juliet (1969), Polanski's Macbeth (1970) and Hitchcock's Frenzy (1972), stepped in. On the first day of shooting, Finch fell ill with the cameras on him, appearing to turn yellow and lifeless. Ridley Scott stopped the shot and had to get Finch helped out of his navigator's chair on the Nostromo set. Sent off to hospital, the actor was diagnosed with diabetes. Scott spent that evening talking a now-returned John Hurt into the part at his Hampstead home, and went on to work with Finch again in Kingdom Of Heaven (2005). The shot where Finch fell ill is included, with the actor's permission, on the Alien Quadrilogy extras, though I don't know if that was the only thing he filmed.

Here's a great Youtube video of our man Lance being encouraged to regurgitate a little line from Aliens I am sure you will all remember.

Eth

• 1 month later...

Dear friends,

Some more news just in with regards to the Aliens prequel and the news that Lance Henriksen may well take a part in this film. Firstly comes the news that Prequel is tentatively 'Paradise' and the rumours that Lance was to star have been replaced with gossip that Michael Fassbender is being sought to play the character of 'David' who is rumoured to be an earlier version of the Bishop android. If you would like to read more as well as some of the actresses names who have been connected to the film then check out the link below.

I wonder if this is really taking shape or whether or not it's just gossip?

Eth

https://www.firstshowing.net/2010/12/08/potential-casting-new-details-title-emerge-for-alien-prequel/

Guest Charger

This seems very interesting...but will this actually happen they've been talking about the prequel for ages now...

It would be great if Lance would be a part of this...even if he would just have a small cameo!

I know when the sequel rumours first gained some resurgence (as you say they've been around longer than the wheel) a lot of the big entertainment sites exclaimed doubts as they had heard these rumours so many times before. I think another reason that they reported the news tentatively was the leaked storyline did seem a little contentious. Not all were happy with where the story was going. That said they do seem to have changed their tune a little of late and some have stated that he have had enough behind the scenes info to suggest something is on the cards.

I hope whatever comes of this, if anything, lives up to the first three films at least (yup, I don't mind Alien 3 at all) and trumps the fourth outing which is considerably poorer.

It's going to be hard to watch an Alien film without Ripley though.

Eth

Well that's reassuring. I am glad it looks as though the storyline is returning to more identifiable areas than those suggested in some of the rumours. The storyline that was supposed to have leaked earlier in the year did nothing at all for me so this is very welcome news.

Can I say no to Portman. As she nice as she is she really isn't that great an actress. At least not in my opinion.

Eth