XF3 Is Being Written

Rate this topic

I've just been looking at the link that Libby shared with us and take a look at the following line folks....

Do you think there is a calling to see Mulder and Scully on the big screen again? Let us know what you think!

...it rather appears to me that they may well be canvassing public opinion. We may do well to pop over there and share some thoughts which is what I'm about to do now. :thumbsup:

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

The link to Frank's Big Light blog was posted, without comment, on Gillian Anderson's official website.

But apparently there's been a retraction on what DD said: https://www.latinorev...x-files-3-11651. But that was posted to the Haven by someone who's well known for ... well, words don't actually fail me, but if I succumbed to saying what I really thought about that person I'd have to put my moderator's hat on and censor my own post. However, pertinent questions are being raised as to why said retraction has been posted by a fairly obscure website and not (yet) picked up by all the others that have so far carried the story.

Oh Lord. I felt my heart sink reading that Libby. Facebook has gone berserk for the better part of today with this news and I know others will be feeling disappointed if it turns out not to be true. Now in an even stranger turn of events, Fox All Access have seen their Facebook page deluged by XF fans registering their support for the film. I have read through the comments they have received and they have been nothing but ebullient and yet they have posted the following to their Facebook page more than once. What on earth is going off?

Eth

Fox All Access Tell us were you disappointed with The X Files: I Want to Believe? We are getting a few comments that Chris Carter should not write the next one if there one. Do you agree?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fox-All-Access/165263159779

Well, indeed, an interesting, and slightly disapointing turn of events, with DD's press agent's denial, it's was one of the reasons why I was warning to take the report with a grain of salt.

But the good news....the buzz proved there is genuine interest in XF3. :biggrin:

So, there's always something positive to look at. Personally, I do believe it will happen, I just don't know when.

Hopefully, we will all be there, December 2012!

:biggrin:

Hi folks,

Has the denial been confirmed then? Someone from Philedom pointed out some anomalies with regards to the article that released the denial. It was pointed that it would be unusual to be able to contact an actors representative on a Sunday when they are usually out of office and even more unusual for them to respond to a query within the day. It was also noted that many people had attempted to confirm David's representatives and a number of them were certainly more notable as entities than the one that supposedly received a reply. I guess it could simply be fans not wanting to accept the truth but both Frank Spotnitz and Gillian Anderson have had an opportunity to put the record straight and neither has. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

It is still a bit confusing. Someone at the Haven posted a .jpg of the paper version of the magazine (which unfortunately is too small for me to read the text) but apparently it reads slightly different to the web version.

https://img442.images...2/imgfqy.th.jpg

https://www.tvmag.com...rancophile.html

But, philiater had an idea for a t-shirt: https://s4.postimage.org/4XHA0.jpg. :clapping:

I have just emailed Phil because that made me laugh so much I had to share some praise. Now where do we buy one? :whistling:

Now whatever the status of the denial it is finding absolutely no traction as a news story. The news that XF3 was being written did the rounds fairly rapidly and I expected this to do the same and yet it hasn't. I wonder if the news sites are also regarding this as less than trustworthy. I do hope we get some conformation one way or another as the uncertainty is unpleasant.

Eth

I've managed to speak to a few people in Philedom and it would seem they consider the denial legitimate. That's the second time a flurry of excitement has been caused by a poorly translated (or understood) interview. It's becoming a habit methinks.

That said, someone else pointed out that the word on the street is that although David didn't say that the reports about the script being written are accurate. Who knows. That could just be a case of someone not knowing when the dead should lie down.

Here's to XF3 folks.

Eth