By The Numbers: 11

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Elders (Admins)

They are all brilliant episodes from each respective season. I liked Weeds because it because it was good insight into the day to day cases that Frank assisted on with the Group. Aside from the special 'exception to the rule' episodes, I enjoyed seeing the 'bread and butter' cases perhaps showing a normal day in Franks life, although there were better examples of this. Its why I like Season 1 as much as Season Two, because the 'serial killer of the week' thing was in fact the average working week for the Group, Frank & Peter. I like knowing that Frank wasn't battling Lucy every week and that there was more going in the world approaching the Millennium.

I also enjoy the "every day life of Frank and family" aspects of series 1 and 2. I thought the cast and crew did a good job of portraying all the aspects of Frank's family life: the good, the bad, the cute, the ugly, and the strong. I think these things juxtaposed with the dark professional and inner life of Frank was brilliant. I also think the "every day family" thing provide the show with much realism, and something that many people could relate to, both positive and negative.

Weeds has the best piece of dialogue though...

Woman: "What does he want? Why is this man doing

these terrible things?"

[The room has quieted again. Frank pauses before answering, looking at some

of the people in the room.]

Frank: "He doesn't want anything."

[He pauses again. More faces.]

Frank: "He's insane."

:rofl:

• 1 year later...
Guest MrCox

Unlike the number 10 vote this one was very easy for me: "Collateral Damage" is the best of those three episodes by far. Although I don't care much about this whole group conspiracy arc of season 3 here it worked extremely well. At least they tried to explain why the group was involved in this Marburg virus business. To use it as a biological weapon seemed very plausible to me. The only real flaw was the way the illness was portrayed here. But I guess you can't create a real drama with this if the infected dies within seconds.

"Goodbye Charlie" is a fine episode especially as it shows the first real Frank/Lara interaction of season 2. Kiley is a great character and Tucker Smallwood brings him to life perfectly. In fact he acts so well that you can ignore some major plot holes. The worst part is the open ending, they shouldn't have let him escape without a clue who he really was. It's typical for season 2 (an in "The Mikado" it works perfectly), but here it's just maddening.

I don't like "Weeds" very much although CCH Pounder returns as Cheryl Andrews (one of my favourite characters in the series). This episode is quite boring and to tell the story as a whodunnit doesn't really work. There must be many deleted scenes as the novel features many explanations that are missing in the episode itself. (Where is all the blood coming from? How does Petey get to know what he gets to know?) This one could have been a lot better, one of the low points in season 1.