Future Millennium Event!(?)

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

Guest blondton13
There are 2876 Days Remaining.

spinning_o.gifspinning_o.gifspinning_o.gifspinning_o.gifspinning_o.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's see..that's 2876 divided by 365= 7.8---that's about 8 more years!! We better get ourselves together pretty quick if we are to keep this crazy world together!! Are you trying to give me a heart attack or what??!!?? :cry: :grin: :doh::tongue:

not 100% certain, but it seems i remember something about either the Aztec or Mayan calender running out in 2012. scared yet?

November 2012 is also the next election following the 4 years after Bush's 2nd term is up.

*edit*

https://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"This means that the end date of 13.0.0.0.0, some 5125 years later, is December 21st, 2012 A.D.1"

And on the Winter Solstice, no less! This is getting weirder and weirder! :headhurts:

Guest blondton13
2876 days remaining?

2+8

7+6

=

10, 13

seriously, though....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's reeeeaallly freaky! I have goosebumps! :wtf: :Gehenna_demon: :alien:

Good thing for the Tarrascans they had metal blades and could hold the Aztecs off!

BTW, did you know that the Aztecs suspected that Cortez and his Conquistadors might be Quetzalcoatl returned to earth?  His landing coincided with their prophecy of the god's return and they'd never seen the like of European arms and armour before so I guess it was the most logical conclusion they could come to. :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quetzalcoatl? the winged serpent? I knew that they thought Cortez was a god, but did not realize it was Qestzalcoatl.

Quetzalcoatl? the winged serpent?  I knew that they thought Cortez was a god, but did not realize it was Qestzalcoatl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are two schools of thought on this.

The first holds that Motecuhzoma (Montezuma) perceived Cortes as the returning Quetzelcoatl who was prophesied to return in the year 1 Reed (1519). Cortes was allowed unhindered access into Tenochtitlan due to Motecuhzoma's deference to the returning deity, who was once ruler of the Toltecs, the Aztec predecessors. Because this prophecy can't be verified as authentic, most people assume that it was possible that Motecuhzoma thought Cortes might be a god since he came from the East-the direction the dishonored Quetzelcoatl sailed off to in days of old.

The second school of thought argues that that story was fabricated by Aztec historians after the Spanish conquest in an attempt to rationalize the end of their world as they knew it.

I either case, the Spanish landing was significant to the Aztecs for many reasons:

-As mentioned above, the arms and armour were unlike anything the Aztecs had ever seen. The strangers looked different physically and behaved in a strange manner

-There were several important cosmological associations with their arrival

-The strangers came from the ocean, primordial mother of waters, and from the East-the direction of authority

-The year 1 Reed (1519) was important to the Quetzelcoatl banishment myth as well as his influence as a cosmological sign.

So for those reasons at the very least, Motecuhzoma and his council decided it would be wise to honor the Spanish as royal emissaries and acknowledge their importance. Perhaps their biggest mistake was the presentation of a huge solid gold sun disk and a solid silver moon disk. This whetted the appetite of Spanish gold lust and the rest is history.

:Ouroborous_Large:

This information was taken primarily form The Aztecs by Richard F. Townsend.