Future Millennium Event!(?)

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

Guest blondton13

I was googling for info on the orobouros when I can across this site that lists quotes about future events. I thought this might interest some of you guys...

2012 - Solar Eclipse - May 20th, 2012: "To add to the growing list of novel occurrences, there will be two solar eclipses in 2012. During the first eclipse, which will occur on May 20, the Sun and moon will conjunct the Pleiades. The second eclipse, which will occur on November 13, marks a conjunction between the Sun, the moon, the constellation Serpens, or the serpent. Interestingly, the Pleiades was often associated with the rattle of a snake. The Mayan word for rattle is tzab, and is the same word used for the Pleiades cluster. These two eclipses which will occur in 2012 physically reflect the cosmic orobouros, which is the primordial serpent of eternity represented as a snake swallowing it’s own tail."  

:ouro::Ouroborous_Large:

The site is: https://mirrorh.com/timelinep.html

It's pretty neat.

Guest fledgling666

not 100% certain, but it seems i remember something about either the Aztec or Mayan calender running out in 2012. scared yet?

November 2012 is also the next election following the 4 years after Bush's 2nd term is up.

*edit*

https://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

Notice that the only exception to multiplying by twenty is at the tun level, where the uinal period is instead multiplied by 18 to make the 360-day tun. The Maya employed this counting system to track an unbroken sequence of days from the time it was inaugurated. The Mayan scholar Munro Edmonson believes that the Long Count was put in place around 355 B.C. This may be so, but the oldest Long Count date as yet found corresponds to 32 B.C. We find Long Count dates in the archeological record beginning with the baktun place value and separated by dots. For example: 6.19.19.0.0 equals 6 baktuns, 19 katuns, 19 tuns, 0 uinals and 0 days. Each baktun has 144000 days, each katun has 7200 days, and so on. If we add up all the values we find that 6.19.19.0.0 indicates a total of 1007640 days have elapsed since the Zero Date of 0.0.0.0.0. The much discussed 13-baktun cycle is completed 1872000 days (13 baktuns) after 0.0.0.0.0. This period of time is the so called Mayan "Great Cycle" of the Long Count and equals 5125.36 years.

But how are we to relate this to a time frame we can understand? How does this Long Count relate to our Gregorian calendar? This problem of correlating Mayan time with "western" time has occupied Mayan scholars since the beginning. The standard question to answer became: what does 0.0.0.0.0 (the Long Count "beginning" point) equal in the Gregorian calendar? When this question is answered, archeological inscriptions can be put into their proper historical context and the end date of the 13-baktun cycle can be calculated. After years of considering data from varied fields such as astronomy, ethnography, archeology and iconography, J. Eric S. Thompson determined that 0.0.0.0.0 correponded to the Julian date 584283, which equals August 11th, 3114 B.C. in our Gregorian calendar. This means that the end date of 13.0.0.0.0, some 5125 years later, is December 21st, 2012 A.D.1

Guest blondton13
not 100% certain, but it seems i remember something about either the Aztec or Mayan calender running out in 2012. scared yet?

November 2012 is also the next election following the 4 years after Bush's 2nd term is up.

OOhhh- that would be a year to party to me!! :devil:

Facinating site.. the past, the present, the future... even 'Deep Impact' which I am getting news emails on and my name is one of thousands that is recorded on a cd that will plunge into the comet. :wtf:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's really cool! :alien2::alien:

The Mayans owe much to the Olmec. You may have seen the large stone heads of cross-eyed Olmecs? The Olmec predate the Mayan and are the ture "mother culture of S. America. There are many claims made on the Olmec. Their facial features can appear to be philipean like or african. Their carvings are a cornerstone for the Afrocentric ideas. UFO fans see their amazing knowledge of the stars and precise math abilities (there time calculations were better than any in the world until the creatino of the atomic clock) as evidence that they came from or had contact with intelligent aliens. Other finds in S. America seem to colabrate the UFO minded folks as well ie. the lines of Nasca (how to spell?) and interesting pictures that seem to show astronaunts. Of course often interpetition is colored by our world veiw, no? Even the Mormans claim the Olmec as evidence of the ancielt tribes of Israel existing in the Americas as their founder, J. Smith claimed.

Several groups of people in ancient S. America were canibals. You may know about the Aztec cutting out hears and throwing victims down the long stairs; what you may not know is that priest were waiting at the bottom to butcher the meat. Some speculate that the absence of large herding mamals led to eating of humans, while others see it as clear indication of a people possessed by evil. Montazuma explained to Cortez how the Aztec would never completley kill off the surrounding tribes, but would rather harvest what they needed from time to time so as to keep a steady supply of "sacrifices" available.

I find it hard to see people that thought that the sun would not come up unless they bled someone everyday, or thought that sacrificed warriors pulled the sun across the sky - were such brilliant scientist, but I have to accept their math and knowldge of the stars as evidence to the previous.

By the way... they were EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing for the Tarrascans they had metal blades and could hold the Aztecs off!

BTW, did you know that the Aztecs suspected that Cortez and his Conquistadors might be Quetzalcoatl returned to earth? His landing coincided with their prophecy of the god's return and they'd never seen the like of European arms and armour before so I guess it was the most logical conclusion they could come to. :ouro:

Guest blondton13
Good thing for the Tarrascans they had metal blades and could hold the Aztecs off!

BTW, did you know that the Aztecs suspected that Cortez and his Conquistadors might be Quetzalcoatl returned to earth?  His landing coincided with their prophecy of the god's return and they'd never seen the like of European arms and armour before so I guess it was the most logical conclusion they could come to. :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WoW!! The things I learn here! :grin: (grumbling...the money I wasted on that damn diploma!!!) :rofl::wtf:

Guest blondton13
I've only been here a short while but I can see we have very intelligent members on these forums! :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you believe that I am actually a nuclear physicist???

OK, maybe I'm exagerating just a little ! :wtf::bigsmile:

(Did I spell exagerating right? It doesn't look right....) :b_wink: