Favorite Season One Villain...

Rate this topic

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
I liked the judge personally. Quite evil. Good episode me thinks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jebus...i would tend to agree with you, but i would also like to add a couple of points as to why i am leaning towards the judge.

1. This is the first episode where we are introduced to Legion, the name of various evil demons who inhabit the bodies of men, as referred to in Mark 5:v1-19

2. It is also the first of three offers made to Frank Black on behalf of dark forces or evil individuals.

3. And on a lighter side, his comment about "passing gas", said with a straight face, is one of the highlights of the show...

post-1098-1116617590_thumb.jpg

Yaponchik (Maranatha)

Half his face blown off, still have the means to escape, and ready to control the world--he goes down of my favorite villain in season one :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed, almost a fairy tale horror story type villain, very spooky, especially the beginning in chernobyl.

• Elders (Admins)
Did anyone see the new show "Blind Justice" last night? This is not one of my favorite shows, but it's not bad, and it was nice to see the actor who played Richard Alan Hance (The Thin White Line) pop up with a small part. After a string of guest appearances in the mid to late 90s, I haven't seen much of him. I don't know how old the actor is, but he has gone from looking like he was in his 30s in Millennium to looking like he is in his 50s last night, but they can do wonders with makeup.

Was this on the UK or US? That guy rocks and I'd love to see him in more shows or films.

• 5 weeks later...

Ahhh... I love favorite villian contests!

My fav is almost a toss up between The Judge and Henry Dion. But, of course, the Judge edges out ahead. He is just too magnificent, not to win. First of all, the type casting was spot on, genius. He was perfect for the part. The dry, peculiar fashion in which he spoke, gave him this strange sense of authority. I love the words he used, and his dark sense of justice. This was the first time the "true evil, behind the evil" theme first appears in MillenniuM. And it was a brilliant way to establish the taunting/temping relationship between Frank and Legion.

He has so many great lines, as well:

"Rain within, rain without... glass of water..."

"And, if I am hard to contact, well... don't make the usually assumptions..."

----to name only a few.

I would have to say, that the Judge is almost the best villain in the entire MLM series, beside the Matron of Evil Herself, of course!

And, Henry Dion... what can I say?! How can you not laugh, cringe, and fear this character, while admiring his taste in music! Gotta love that the music choice in the openning scene! Henry had a great sense for setting the mood of his... visits and picture shoots.

The third(well, actually fourth, including ol'Lucy) place for villians in my book would definelty go the fantastic Polaroid Stalker... played by both actors. I love the sneaky, geeky, shadowy way he was played in Paper Dove. Then the slick, new age beat-nick genius, almost Colonel Kurtz-ish stalker, in The Beginning and the End! Also a great sense of musical timing for Catherine's abduction! "This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around!" Love it!

I am not sure there will every be another production team quite like that of 1013. They just had a brilliant sensibility for things. Great stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Yaponchik was undoubtable my favorite villain of season 1, with the Judge coming in close second. I actually had great difficulty choosing, clicking back and forth until I counted the aspects about each that I liked.

You can't deny the snazzy of Yaponchik being the AntiChrist and surviving the gunshot to the head. And he's still out there somewhere. I thought for sure he would resurface in Season 2.

Did Yaponchik return anytime in Season 3?

• 3 months later...
Guest Frank L.
Did Yaponchik return anytime in Season 3?

No, he didn't. It's a shame. It would be great if we ever got to see a sequel to Maranatha. For example, the MM movie...

• 3 months later...
No, he didn't. It's a shame. It would be great if we ever got to see a sequel to Maranatha. For example, the MM movie...

Yes that's indeed a shame. He was so cool, taking a massive gunshot to the head and still escaping elegantly. My vote exactly.

ps: ofcourse Lucy Butler rules :kickin: