Kolchak the Night Stalker

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak
Does anyone know if Kolchak is in the pipeline TO be released?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belong to a Kolchak yahoo group and these have been discussed before. My understanding is that they are pretty good copies made from the VHS tapes that were available through Columbia House. The set usually includes all 20 episodes, including the 4 episodes usually not seen in syndication. TVSHOWSONDVD.com has a story saying that the series will be released in October of 2005. I will be waiting for that. I'm hoping an official release will include some tasty extras like commentary, interviews, or cut scenes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Kolchak

The new incarnation of Kolchak looks to be a go for the 2006 TV season on ABC. Here is a link to TV shows slated for next year. It also lists the shows that are being cancelled. Very interesting I think. Maybe this will finally lead to the original version of the Kolchak series being released on DVD.

https://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=6904

Merged a couple of other threads with this one, so that everyone can find everything in one thread. I hope I can get hold of the unaired pilot sometime this summer. If I do, I'll review it and post a link to it here.

KOLCHAK RETURNS

I have received numerous e-mails regarding the news that I’m developing a new version of "The Night Stalker" for ABC. Most want to know how the new show will differ from the old. For many reasons, I’m going to keep quiet about that for now. But I will say I was a huge fan of the original TV movie as a kid, and watched every episode of the short-lived series that followed. (One of my biggest thrills on "The X-Files" was getting the opportunity to write a part for the great Darren McGavin, who played Carl Kolchak.) I appreciate the interest, and trust you will all stay tuned…

posted by Frank Spotnitz at 3:14 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anxiously awaiting further, bring on Kolchak!!!!:)

Guest Kolchak
Merged a couple of other threads with this one, so that everyone can find everything in one thread. I hope I can get hold of the unaired pilot sometime this summer.  If I do, I'll review it and post a link to it here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hear ABC.com has some some clip you can view, but I'm at work and can't check it out right now. The boss has all video blocked!

if you go to www.abc.go.com you can find info on the new Kolchak series. My computer cant download the scenes from the series but it looks good. This Night Stalker may look very modernized and he had a wife. Read the tag lines and info on it.....may sound a little like X-Files but hey X-Files is based on this series. Cant wait till fall