Scariest Millennium Episode

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

Scariest MillenniuM episode  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest paranoid eyes

I've been lurking to this topic without posting anything several times. There were so many scary episodes that I didn't know which one to choose. If you're looking for good old fashioned-makes-you-look-over-your-shoulder-and-turn-every-light-in-the-house scary, then the Legion episodes were perfect. Gehenna and Lamentation ( the scene on the stairs is similar to point 9 from this list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nvg3ujnBI&feature=related. ) It got even scarier when the demons started to enter private houses and attack children in season 3 (Antipas, Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, Seven and One). But the realistic violence of the Judge and Kingdom Come was the one that really got me. I guess the winner is the House of Pests which combined both, plus most of the scenes were filmed in those claustrophobic interiors.

Frankly the episode that really scared me was Goodbye Charlie and the scene where Frank was driving Lara home. It took me some time to calm down and realize that the writers would probably not introduce a long storyline about their affair and the Catherine-Frank-Lara love triangle. I liked Lara and her scenes with Frank in this epy but storylines like that are the reason why I'm so skeptical with most TV shows these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I looked but I couldn't find a place to vote for Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense! :wiggle:

Seriously, my vote went to Saturn Dreaming of Mercury because the whole way Jordan was manipulated and Frank's genuine confusion and fear made it scary for me.

I do also have to say that Lamentation is terribly frightening as well, although Kingdom Come also sends shivers down my spine.

• 1 month later...

Speaking strickly as a mother, I would have to say Borrowed Time was the most frightening, with Jordan in the hospital bed. I know exactly how Frank felt, and it's worse then frightening. Does the word, "terrifying" describe it any better?

On the subject of evil, the pilot pretty much hit the bull's-eye.

Being buried alive with your face and hands sewed shut put me over the edge

• 2 months later...
Guest benny

My vote would go to walkabout and nostalgia. Walkabout had me a little edgy because at the beginning of the episode frank just seemed totally helpless with not knowing if he had done something wrong.Could it have been a byproduct of the medication he took at the trials that hans ingram gave him? Overall just a pretty unnerving episode.

Nostalgia was scary to me because it had that feel that this stuff could be going on just outside your house or at the local watering hole. Unfourtonatley you see characters like the blond girl in the episode in every day life. She allowed herself to be used by the cops for their ammusment and really didnt treat her like a person at all. Emmas freind was also guilty of this which is why i think the ep worked so well with me. Her child hood freind was a cop who took an oath to help others but at the same time he obviously had his flaws. I dont know it was a pretty creepy episode but was also a very sad one as well. Mark snow also did a bang up job on the score.

benny

Guest Jim McLean
Speaking strickly as a mother, I would have to say Borrowed Time was the most frightening, with Jordan in the hospital bed. I know exactly how Frank felt, and it's worse then frightening. Does the word, "terrifying" describe it any better?

On the subject of evil, the pilot pretty much hit the bull's-eye.

Being buried alive with your face and hands sewed shut put me over the edge

Can't argue with either of those points! Pilot was pretty damn shocking and one doesn't have to be a parent to empathise with the horror. Nice choice!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JanieJones

I saw Lamentation when it first aired when I was 13 and I remember me and my sister screaming our lungs out everytime the lightning flashed and you saw the skeeryness on the staircase.

• 1 month later...
Can't argue with either of those points! Pilot was pretty damn shocking and one doesn't have to be a parent to empathise with the horror. Nice choice!

Thank you Jim.

Here's my thing. I rarely ever get scared of spiritual things, but when it comes to the evil from human beings, I'm terrified.

• 1 month later...