LANCE AND MEGAN IN THE UK!

Rate this topic

ENGINECOMICS

How did you get a foil ticket to get a photo with Lance? What is a 'foil' ticket anyway?

If you get some time with them, I would love to be able to be there with you, if that would be okay. I am definitely going.

So, what time do you want to meet up at Costa's on Sunday?

I know! I can't belief the ficticious couple of the millennium are going to be together in the UK! I will definitely pass on your regards! I plan trying to work TIWWA into a conversation with them, etc.

I cannot wait. As I have said, I normally don't attend conventions, Collectormanias, and the like, but this chance is to good to pass up!

The foil ticket is one that you buy to get a professional photo taken with Lance by a proper photographer, against a backdrop, lit etc. You buy them from the Collectormania site, but it does say it can't gurantee a set time. But Lance and Megan will be the first point of call for me on sunday.

I've not been to Milton Keynes before so I'm not sure when we'll be there, but I'm aiming to get there by 9am. I've posted my picture before so any TIWWA members by all means come say hello. If you see a tubby bloke with a black A3 portfolio with an Ouraborus on it in Costa Coffee, more than likely that'll be me.

Catch all you there.

baz

Hopefully something like that will be going on when I get to the other side of the big pond. I have many friends thru Alpha site [ Stargate SG-1] and they want me to come over after I retire [and house sold] for a convention and party [ of course] and something like this would be icing on the cake :kickin:

The foil ticket is one that you buy to get a professional photo taken with Lance by a proper photographer, against a backdrop, lit etc. You buy them from the Collectormania site, but it does say it can't gurantee a set time. But Lance and Megan will be the first point of call for me on sunday.

I've not been to Milton Keynes before so I'm not sure when we'll be there, but I'm aiming to get there by 9am. I've posted my picture before so any TIWWA members by all means come say hello. If you see a tubby bloke with a black A3 portfolio with an Ouraborus on it in Costa Coffee, more than likely that'll be me.

Catch all you there.

baz

Okay. I will look for you. I will more or less look like the picture I posted, plus a week old goatee. I don't know when Costa opens on Sunday. Do we want to set a specific time later in the day when anyone from TIWWA that shows can meet up at Costa's?

Shall we set a time, say 3pm, at Costa Coffee? Hopefully the photo thing will be done by then and I'll have managed to speak to both Megan and Lance, and given them their half of the painting (scan below), so we'll have time to chill before hitting the motorway again.

256772912_4ca5eb76cd.jpg

Cheers

baz

Shall we set a time, say 3pm, at Costa Coffee? Hopefully the photo thing will be done by then and I'll have managed to speak to both Megan and Lance, and given them their half of the painting (scan below), so we'll have time to chill before hitting the motorway again.

256772912_4ca5eb76cd.jpg

Cheers

baz

Wow. Gorgeous painting, baz! I am sure they will appreciate it! I am going to try to get there early, as well. So I will also try to find you in the morning, as well. (you probably already left by now).

Thank you all for your kind comments. It's been a while since I've had to paint photorealistically and although it wasn't a complete success I've definitely learnt a lot, which I'll take into the MM comic I'm doing. I'll post more as I do it, but we're just back in from the event a few hours ago and have to say absolutely knackered!

Julia and I set off at 6.30am and arrived in Milton Keynes about 9.30am, had a quick cup of coffee and headed out to the 'Middleton Square' area, which is basically a big square in the middle of the shopping centre with rows of stalls and booths for the guests to sign in. There was predictably a huge queue already for tickets for the Lost guests, Ian Somerhald (Boone) and Maggie Grace (Shannon). We came back a bit later after it had died down and was surprised to see Lance already there, signing away for a few people. I joined the queue and bought a Millennium Season 1 photo for him to sign, and was surprised at myself at just how excited I was. Lance himself seemed excited to meet the fans.

Lance saw the Ouraborus I had drawn on my portfolio in gold marker as I was pulling out his half of the painting, which led to Julia taking this perfectly timed photo:

257631553_311b7419fe.jpg

Add your own caption.

Lance seemed genuinely touched when he realised his half of the painting was a gift for him, and as a thank you he signed my portfolio both as Lance Henriksen, and as Frank Black! Not sure how I'm gonna get that into a frame.

257631566_697f6760d7.jpg

I had a ton of questions for him but as these events are like a cattle mart, we said our thank you's and went off in search of Megan.

Strangely Megan's booth was down a corridoor, away from Lance and the centre of the event, next to Lance Guest, from the 1984 kids scifi film The Last Starfighter, with other obscure actors. Megan too seemed really pleased for her half of the painting. I hope at some point during the day they managed to match them up.

257631569_bf59b5cee1.jpg

Later on, I got to meet Mr Noir again at the official photo booth. He pointed at my Hellboarder tshirt (from the Hellboy forums) and said "I'm definitely going to Hell for the films I've made!". But we all know the Devil has the best tunes.

257826673_9e15d0424f.jpg

Unfortunately that was the last time I got to speak to either of them, being unable to take them away from their booths for even the briefest of interviews due to the organizers policies, so we spent the rest of the day taking photos of other guests, until the designated time we were to meet up with other Group Members in Costa Coffee.

A big thank you to Scott aka Selfosophy Psycho for making it and being a good sport. Disappointed that others couldn't make it, but maybe sometime in the future, with the Groups numbers restored, we can look forward to Lance and Megan back in the UK.

257631584_d8909f892d.jpg

In the meantime I've put together a three minute long compilation of photos and video we were able to take of the day on youtube.

Hope you enjoy it.

cheers

baz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2xt3rCK7Y