Spin off showcase

Rate this topic

Guest Jordan

It occurred to me while looking through the "If Millennium was still going today as a series?" topic that a number of TV programmes have had spin-off shows, eg Frasier from Cheers, The Lone Gumen from The X-files.

What Spin-offs could there be from Millennium?  One thought I had on this, I posted on to the "If Millennium was still going today as a series?" topic:

Maybe there'd be a spin-off series, 'Jordan:  The Teenage Profiler'  They'd have to make Brittany Tiplady look a lot older or hire a new actress; she'd be solving violent crimes in her school, while juggling all the problems an average psychic teenager faces and wondering how it is that despite several kids being brutally murdered every week, there's a never ending supply of fresh-faced, good-looking eager students.  (Where's the tongue-in-cheek Smilie face?)

What are everyone else's views?

If I had a chance to make a spin off I'd place it in some alternative Millennium reality where the uberboring season 3 never existed. I'd change everything so that the Marburg virus had wiped out at least 1/4 of the population on Earth and I'd continue with the biblical theme which was started by Morgan & Wong on the second season.

And definitely - I'd use Lara Means (her faith wasn't really solved) & Lucy Butler more often :p

As for other ideas there could be a spin off based on the activities of the Millennium group (dark & biblical storylines).

.........well,i'd vanquish the "viral-chicken acid trip HOO-HAA" of S2,the brief clone-plotline of S3 and have Frank,Emma,Peter,Andrews,Watkins and Means start thier own "investigative" agency in which they would take on murder cases of an occult nature and even infiltrate actual cults to either break them up/expose them,or to asess thier danger level,all the while battling the many faces of legion who,it will turn out,is behind most of these "pop-up-cults".     there would be NO  blood oaths to be taken,NO viral outbreaks and NO bad music videos! :thumbsup_big:

...my dream crew on this series would be:

"exec-prods": C.C.,Jorge Zamacona,Chip Johannesson & Ted Mann

"head writers": same as above but also including Patrick Harbinson Laurence Andries.

"Daily producers": Thomas J. Wright,Ted Mann,Patrick Harbinson and Ken Horton

"main directors": Thomas J. Wright,Winrich Kolbe,Peter Markle,Paul shapiro,Dwight Little and David Nutter

....this all off the cuff,but that would be a dream show i'd like to see.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek

Someday, a spinoff will be made.  An adult now, Jordan has been hiding her abilities her entire life -- after seeing what happened to her father, how could she not?  Jordan grew up under the careful care of that man, and slowly watched his terrifying descent into madness and eventual death, knowing that if she immersed herself as he did, the same fate would befall her.  And so, even though she had learned to understand and even harness her abilities, she kept them secret.  For a few years, she has been married to a wonderful man, and now they are expecting their first child.  But one day she is startled when she runs into a woman on the street.  She is walking, when a wild-eyed woman grabs her arm and says that she knows Frank -- knows the Group -- and the Time is Near.  Frank having been dead for several years now, and no signs of the Group anywhere, Jordan could not help but be doubly mystified by this woman's exclaimations.  But, somehow, she was drawn to the woman... she knew that there was truth, and that the only way to stop the new uprising was to finally unleash her abilities at last.

Or something like that.

Someday, a spinoff will be made.  An adult now, Jordan has been hiding her abilities her entire life -- after seeing what happened to her father, how could she not?  Jordan grew up under the careful care of that man, and slowly watched his terrifying descent into madness and eventual death, knowing that if she immersed herself as he did, the same fate would befall her.  And so, even though she had learned to understand and even harness her abilities, she kept them secret.  For a few years, she has been married to a wonderful man, and now they are expecting their first child.  But one day she is startled when she runs into a woman on the street.  She is walking, when a wild-eyed woman grabs her arm and says that she knows Frank -- knows the Group -- and the Time is Near.  Frank having been dead for several years now, and no signs of the Group anywhere, Jordan could not help but be doubly mystified by this woman's exclaimations.  But, somehow, she was drawn to the woman... she knew that there was truth, and that the only way to stop the new uprising was to finally unleash her abilities at last.

Or something like that.

.....sign me up!!      though i'd rather have Frank retired in a yellow-condo than dead! :sad_big:  :crying_big:

!se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
.....sign me up!!      though i'd rather have Frank retired in a yellow-condo than dead! :sad_big:  :crying_big:

But see, that's part of it... the woman says that she "knows" Frank, not "knew" him.  Jordan thinks she's just crazy, but maybe there's something there... she feels something.  Plus, Frank can't be there, or Jordan would just be able to ask him about everything.  She's alone in this, just like Frank was back in the beginning.  A bit more of an understanding of everything, and totally different life experiences, but she still has these parallels in her life of trying to escape what she's been given.  She has to find her own way, somehow.

And if they started making this now, then they could get an older actress to play Jordan, and still use Brittany Tiplady to do flashbacks to Jordan growing up, kind of like in "The Pretender".  Hm... but where in the world could they find an actress who would be a good age and have a lot invested in MM and this new project? :makingeyes:

Laura,

That's a fantastic idea!!!!! :thumbsup_big:  Maybe you should write it down.....  And then push the idea an Chris Carter, as well as tell him who'd be perfect for the part.

Talk about being a "self-made" success! :makingeyes_big:  :wink_big:

Guest LauraKrycek
Laura,

That's a fantastic idea!!!!! :thumbsup_big:  Maybe you should write it down.....  And then push the idea an Chris Carter, as well as tell him who'd be perfect for the part.

Talk about being a "self-made" success! :makingeyes_big:  :wink_big:

Well, I'd have to have a literary agent -- as well as an acting agent -- for any of it to ever even be heard.  But that'd be awesome if it could happen.  There'd be all those years of mystery to elaborate on as well... what happened in those 10-15 years since the turning of the millennium?  And what is yet to come?

Jordan has been hiding her abilities her entire life -- after seeing what happened to her father, how could she not?  Jordan grew up under the careful care of that man, and slowly watched his terrifying descent into madness and eventual death, knowing that if she immersed herself as he did, the same fate would befall her.  And so, even though she had learned to understand and even harness her abilities, she kept them secret.  For a few years, she has been married to a wonderful man, and now they are expecting their first child.  But one day she is startled when she runs into a woman on the street.  She is walking, when a wild-eyed woman grabs her arm and says that she knows Frank -- knows the Group -- and the Time is Near.  Frank having been dead for several years now, and no signs of the Group anywhere, Jordan could not help but be doubly mystified by this woman's exclaimations.  But, somehow, she was drawn to the woman... she knew that there was truth, and that the only way to stop the new uprising was to finally unleash her abilities at last.

Laura, that's a really good idea, it could really work.  Reckon it would make a fantastic film as well as a spinoff.   Much better than the Jordan:The Teenage Profiler thing (a-hem) David, have you changed your mind about spinoffs not working?

you'd have to tell the casting director that the leading actress would need to be a young brunette, preferably someone with a good knowledge of Millennium who could enthuse about the show in interviews and double as a script writer/storyline inventor.  Now, just where would you get such an actress? :thinking_big: