Where in the Heck Is Bucksnort

Rate this topic

I rewatched "Beware of the Dog" again to figure out where Bucksnort is. To me it almost looks like it could be a small town sitting between the ocean and the mountians. I just wondering where geographicaly it suppose to take place. I know there is a Bucksnort, Tennesse. Can anyone enlighten me?

• Like 1

Guest tjmasiakowski

I used to live in USA but either from the episode or from

the real life or even the map, I cannot find proper Bucksnort.

Maybe it is actually a fictional place shot in some other town

that acquired the name for the time being?

Edited by tjmasiakowski

• 7 years later...

I was just wondering myself.  It looked dry like desert. I thought maybe desert southwest, but then around the old man's cabin it was green and woodsy.   Since the showtunes guy moved there from Los Angeles, I figured maybe it was  in California somewhere,  near where the desert meets foothills.

• Like 1

There is a bucksnort Tennessee though.   Seems a bit far for  the LA guy to move to get away from crime, LOL!

I have to ask.When the bucksnortians were talking, they were all on about how they kept the agreement, thought they'd be safe, etc... They knew not to leave the town borders after dark.    DO you think, the town was created by millennium group to basically cover the fact that the  cabin of the old man was there? you know, put a small town around it,  so  the cabin is hidden in plain sight in a backwards mayberry sort of place.   Maybe the residents all sign an agreement, maybe like group memers they were recruited in their hour of need to reside in a place they felt safe and there was only that one catch:  be home before dark. Then  Half caf fat free decaf guy messed it all up...

• Like 1

I kinda agree with you Seesthru, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they actually created the town and the agreement is to keep it a secret.  Plus, fear obviously kept the residents inside at night, and who knows, maybe they weren't allow to move out either.

Love what The Old Man said, "the arse-end of nowhere."

• Like 1

BEER---> Here's what I found out about it.

BELCH

n. 1. A particularly loud fart (definition used by Gagnon's in central New York)
I want to rip a bucksnort on Jessica Simpson's face.

EARTH---> :295:

There's a Bucksnort Saloon in CO, and a Bucksnort beer ~

NCBC-Buck-Snort-Stout-Beer-1024x780.jpg

And, the beer comes from Pennsylvania.

And, there's a Root Beer ~

bucksnort+4+pack+mock+up.jpg?format=1000

And, there's a variety of T-Shirts available with "Bucksnort" on it ~

bucksnort_vintage_camo_tshirt.jpg?height

https://www.cafepress.com/+bucksnort+t-shirts

NUT

• Like 2

When the people in the cafe' were talking about the dogs, while  Frank was  unconscious or sleeping, you could hear them talk about leaving the town. They all seemed to have moved there for safety and the conversation seemed to imply some understanding they had about the town. I Mean,  they knew not to go out of bounds after sunset. They   were secretive about why the couple in the RV needed to move inside the town limits.  They expected Frank, thought he was the sheriff. They thought he should know the rules and all that.   The attitude they had or seemed to have was that they observed the roles and therefore felt betrayed  when the  dogs  started  coming into town and killing.  

They didn't  fill the new guy in on the rules.. He didn't move into town but bought land from the state. The townsfolk didn't seem to know he had messed up the balance.  ALl they knew is that he was a stranger, and kind of uppity. New guy didn't know about the dogs, and didn't know who the old man was, only that there was a smell wafting from the direction of the cabin.  ( I don't think the old man was the source of the smell, I think it was the odor of evil  caused by the shift in balance.)

So I think they had some knowledge.  They were probably not group members.  I think they were just  dupes lulled into the security that the town offered them, and they didnt' know who their benefactor was. They were a fearful lot though. none of them even would let Frank in. 

It's either that, or they were a clever bunch of group members acting out parts as part of the test for Frank.  ;)

• Like 2