"Here's my thing.." Lara Means fan-made movie project.

Rate this topic

8 years ago, Laury, my childhood best friend, was murdered by her husband, along with their 2 sons. She is the one who guided me to Millennium, just a few weeks before this terrible event. She often told me how unique it was..."A redwood, among mere sprouts", a wise long gunmen once said).... how unlike anything else she'd ever seen, and stated "It will change your life. It will change how you look at things, and how you look at yourself. You don't see it yet, but you have the same gift Frank had."

I thought she was nuts.... but slowly, I'm starting to believe, especially with the support of wonderful friends I've found here.

So now.... I think it's time that another fan-made Millennium movie happens! This will not interfere in any way with what Jason accomplished with "Millennium, Apocalypse". In this movie, I will try to bring some closure to a beloved character. Lara Means.

This will not be for money of any sort....and all rights of ownership to Chris Carter and FOX will be honored.

It's time to re-kindle some of the fire we all have felt for Millennium, and the difference it has made in our lives. As I feel a kinship to both Lara and Frank, I feel that writing about what happened to her after we last saw her.......AND, acting her part myself....will be both a joy, and a personal epiphany.

I can write, act, and do some filming...though it will not be the quality we saw with Jason....with my little digital Kodak camera, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Who's on board to help make this happen???

Her last appearance was in "the Time is Now", as she was hauled away to the psychaitric hospital. So we would have to establish a timeline for her from 1998 to 2008. Well thats if our story happens in the present. i would love to help in some capacity. i know her family is from St.louis. Maybe we could doing something like after so many years spent in Seattles Psych Ward she is released to go home back to St.louis? or maybe even Wash DC. AS she picks up her life and starts fresh she begins to see Angels again.

Sure i am in

I'll keep those thoughts in mind. But I already have a bit of an storyline forming in my head. What you've suggested may be good to mesh in, we'll have to see how it unfolds.

You see.... "Here's my thing..." since the actual turn of the Millennium came and went with not much more than a hangover, it sort of makes everything the group believed in look like utter nonsense. BUT.... was it only the Beginning of the End...? With some of the things I've been learning about in the last 2 years about our society, the lies that have been handed down through the ages, I see a huge playground full of material.

Lara had certainly suffered a breakdown after what the group had told her of the impending doom that would fall upon the world. Much like what Frank had gone through, this took her to a place she would never want to go again..... Knowing the fate of the entire human race. IF she ever recovered from that deep shock the last thing she would want, would be to ever get brought into that again. Yet.... something WILL draw her back in. And, the gift she thought had left her will return, to guide her once again.

Count me in 'Angel' no pun intended,

Though it's clear I will be of absolutely no use in a practical sense I can offer whatever support is practical from 'beyond the sea'. In my spare time I am tinkering with Flash and Premiere so hopefully by the time you bring this to fruition I might be able to provide some animated banners and promotional images etc?

I think it's a superb idea and feel sure once this is read a few more times others will jump on board.

This is Who We Are

Eth

Guest Laurent.

I'm also familiar with Flash, mostly for animations and drawing. If there are too much things to do and Eth needs some help, I'll be more than happy to give you a hand from my side of the frontier.

I'm also familiar with Flash, mostly for animations and drawing. If there are too much things to do and Eth needs some help, I'll be more than happy to give you a hand from my side of the frontier.

Actually Laran it might be better if you did the animations should any be required. I am only learning Flash whilst it seems you are more cognisant with it, would probably be better if I stuck to simpler forms of promotion such as posters or what not?

Erin are you wanted help with formulating the story or are you wanting to produce that as a solo venture?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
Actually Laran it might be better if you did the animations should any be required. I am only learning Flash whilst it seems you are more cognisant with it, would probably be better if I stuck to simpler forms of promotion such as posters or what not?

Erin are you wanted help with formulating the story or are you wanting to produce that as a solo venture?

Best wishes,

Eth

Anyway you seem to have a lot more experience in photoshop manipulation and other picture montage; while I usually draw everything I need myself for animations.

Well, I think BOTH of you are great.... and I welcome each of your individual talents. Mark/eth, I'm sure your promotional banners will be top notch, and Laran, if you are interested in doing animations from your drawings, I bet that would look fantastic for promotional trailers, as well as opening and closing sequences. You are both QUITE talented!

As for "formatting" the story, as an amature, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. Are you talking about putting the story together, or are you referring to the actual filming? I lack technical skills, but I can "see in my head" the way it should go.

It would be nice if some members were closer to me, to form an actual crew, and a bigger cast. I hate to look for "outside sources", when only WE have the kind of passion to make this all it could be. I have a digital Kodak camera....nothing like a professional piece of equipment, but it can record up to one hour at a time. The sound quality is pretty surprising, for such a simple camera. So, with sub-standard equipment, and no budget, this will rely strictly on the writing and the acting to pull it off..... Unless someone else here has a better idea? I'm inexperienced with editing, so if someone here wanted me to send them what's raw-filmed for editing scenes together, that would be a big help. I was thinking of doing something similar to what Jason did....posting it in 10 minute pieces for easier download. BUT, the difference is I want to try to post this on You-tube, to gain a larger audience, and I want everything filmed, edited, and DONE before posting it in pieces. No waiting for weeks while the next scene is thought up, written, THEN filmed and edited. People will loose interest quickly like that.

Now....when I get an outline for the story up, if any members here are in possession of a digital camera, and would like to be a part of this, let me know and what you do can be filmed seperatly and send in to whoever the editor ends up being for working it into the production. You'd be surprised how well this works. When Jason suggested me doing this, I didn't think it would work out, yet it seemed to flow and fit in with the story.

C'mon people..... Until we get a REAL Millennium movie, let's show everyone what a bunch of amatures can do in their spare time! Maybe this will urge them on!

I have been pondering aspects of this myself and have a few ideas.

When you mention the lack of quality in regards to other creative ventures you have seen you could actually try to include this in the narrative. The Blair Witch, for example, took such limitations and built the story around them in depicting the film in the way they did. I guess a possible way would be to treat this as Lara's video diary then the handheld, unglossed productions values would be wholly in keeping with such a look.

If there are any other budding actors on the board who think they may like to film scenes for you you are also going to have to work the fact that none of the characters meet into the storyline which might be a little tricky although some films have been shot that have been based on telling the same story through the eyes of 'seemingly' unconnected individuals only to later 'reveal' how their stories somehow impact on each other's lives.

Maybe you could tell the story of, should others volunteer as actors, numerous people who have survived the Millennium Group or been affected by it and how their lives parallel each other.

Best wishes,

Eth

PS You wanna see if you can twist Toby's arm, or tempt him with Martinis, to do a little bit of editing for you. He is certainly the expert in that field.

Mark,

I Had actually thought about the Blair witch thing, and wondered if this might be a sort of video-narrative message that in the storyline, was intended for Frank. Either something that Lara set out to do to contact Frank, OR something that someone else who is trying to bring back together what was best about the Millennium group has planned....involving Lara as another way of reaching out to him.

With what I've been learning about the Freemasons and their possible involvement with whatever group was behind the Georgia Guidestones, I wanted to use that as a cornerstone to the plot. This won't be ANYTHING like the little hasty story I wrote about Millennium and the Guidestones back in 2003.

Since one of the kinds of film I enjoy the most are narrative messages to another beloved character, or even an unknown subject....such as the way a few episodes of The X Files were done.... Scully's journal message to Mulder as she lay dying from Cancer.... "Luminary's" journal message from Alex, and many more I cannot even think of right now, I thought that might be a nice angle to use here.

This is a great brainstorming session! A lot of great ideas are popping up already!