"Here's my thing.." Lara Means fan-made movie project.

Rate this topic

The main thing is that you are passionate about it. Doing anything creative should simply be driven by that passion. It shows in the end result. I would say that there is no reason, if this is to be a one off and not related to Frank at all, to be tied to a previous seasons tone. It should be its own thing, It should be your own vision of the character and of the story, and not feel the need to imagine Chris Carter on your shoulder. Whether you feel it is more a spiritual or procedural approach thats up to what works best for what you're trying to say with the piece.

I'd do the story first. You change the story afterwards depending on the circumstances and realities of budget, time and resources. Start big, whittle it down to what the story needs, rather than the other way round.

If you have different people in different locations with different types of recording devices, with different qualities, you need a way to make it work as a cohesive piece, so you may find when you write your story that you only need 2 or 3 seperate sets of filming.

As for Laras' recovery, i think it would be more interesting to see how a recovering ex-cult member, mentally ill patient reintergrates into a post millennial society rather than doing a version of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. She has unique abilities and a way of seeing the world, which we know as veteran viewers as being 'real'. Its the rest of the world who keeps telling her shes mad. That's really powerful stuff if written well. Add to that the murder investigation and you're onto a winner I think.

You're quite right. Maybe not a complete script, but I'll at least get the story down first. I have a bad tendency to be TOO structured and trying to get things right the first time, so as to not fail or disappoint others. It's a bad habit. Rather than checking out every inch of the box I'm in, planning out only what I think might fit in it, maybe it would be better to spill out the contents, and try to get the two to work together to fit well.

So far, I only know of one other person interested in recording bits for submission/inclusion. Ethie's brother. Let's see if anyone else shows any interest, before I have to seek out local people.

And, I appreciate what you say about going where the passion lies. Again, this ties in with getting out of the box of "what CAN be", and just going with the flow, then seeing how to make it work.

Its the rest of the world who keeps telling her shes mad.

Ahhh...if only you knew how close to home that hits...LOL

Wow, I've got some serious brainstorming to do on paper tonight!!! :fool:

Guest Sheree Dawn
Ahhh...if only you knew how close to home that hits...LOL

Wow, I've got some serious brainstorming to do on paper tonight!!! :fool:

Same here; had many visions of someone or something as a child, only to be told to shut such nonsense up, all imagination. My children inherited my own "gift" of seeing spirits, and though it's nothing to be ashamed of, they lost it as they grew older. I think partially because they have been surrounded by many good friends.

I always stayed in the shadows, alone with my "delusions".

Hi gang,

For anyone still interested in participating in this in any way at all Erin has created a subsection for discussion over at Thelema - Lara Means Movie. It is password protected simply to reduce spoilers so if anyone wishes to keep abreast of the discussion please PM Erin and request a password.

Best wishes,

Eth

..wohf.. really a sad story, I don't know what can I say :(

Just the most important thing I find in Millennium it's the amazing resemblance with the real life, a cruel society without heart where only small heros are fighting everyday for a better world, trying to survive. I'm sorry for your loss, the hardest pain...

Lara she's one of my favorites characters & miss her so since she leaves the show. If you can to reach this, it would be great for Apocalypse. I use to watch it online and it's a very nice show.

Well, I'm on the other side of the world but you have all my support to M.A. I'm a fan ;)

Regards

*we all are shepherds*

'Apocalypse' was superb Angel there's no doubt about it!

May I thank you for the support you have shown for this and urge anyone who is interested to PM Ravenwolf for the password to the forum. There are aspects of the discussion therein that are just superb and truly test the conceptual ideologies of what 'Millennium' attempted to portray. If you are wanting something more than 'Season vs Season' or 'X-Files' then the Lara Movie forum happens to be proffering some truly lofty concepts to get your head around.

I know I'm gushing a little but if you read some of the musings Ravenwolf has served up you will know why I'm gushing.

Best wishes,

Eth

• 5 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

I just read something in the Shoutbox about a Lara Means movie project. I would love to help out, but as I'm on the other side of the pond I can't help with anything on the set.